qq haschte ban me qq

Discussion in 'General' started by Freaknovich, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101010

101010 Member

2 main reasons to not tell Vicki about half the crap that happens on her server.
    1. Her health - she don't need the extra stress.
    2. Fear of her removing viper again. - main reason.

In the past things could be handled with Craig or the cap Guy that had root.
    Maybe if Vicki would share control of admins with a trusted and active admin it would help. Someone that people could msg when there is an issue. Someone like..... candles or
    Some other trusted person like Senor Awesome or Amatoxin

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I did remove several admins at that time and a few have been warned. and some are on their last chance.
    I was not aware of this about haschte and to what degree.

I read through some posts on this thread and no matter what some how, some way, I become the bad guy through the years, for a certain group of players.

I spend most of my server time maintaining the server, taking suggestions, what maps to add what to remove, adding plugins etc etc.
    hell I just spent a good part of 2 weeks getting stats to work with this mod at the request of a group of players.

with some of you, no matter what I do, I am going to be the one who killed the mod, the one who is ruining empires the one who is ineffective.

That's why I try not to come on these forums its full of haters who don't appreciate the time, money and effort spent in keeping viper up and running.

bottom line..you have a complaint tell me ..you don't, then you have nothing to complain about.

===============================================
    I do know the majority of the community appreciates all I do, that's why I continue to do so.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Bottom line is, none of you give Vicki any respect because:
    a) she doesn't always know technical stuff
    b) she's not great at empires
    c) she's female
    d) she doesn't come to the forums a lot

In contrast Vicki has:
    a) hosted a good server for a number of years
    b) put up with your crap
    c) listened
    d) tried her hardest to deal with problems
    e) add maps and tried to improve the server
    f) put up with your crap
    g) put up with your crap
    h) put up with your crap without permanently banning you

You guys give no respect to someone that is basically a pillar of this community. You can give me the "hurr durr it's just a server" but none of you stepped up to do the same, and you'd all put some crappy spin on its management and just willy nilly ban people. Vicki does not do this. She relies on player feedback and then you guys just complain behind her back, or try and call her and her server crap when you don't report behaviour.

Freak, you're a good dude but you should have told Vicki at the first sign of trouble. I don't usually have a problem with public threads, but look at what this has become.

Everyone else in this thread, don't escalate things with your spasticated half logic and accusations.

Devs. C'mon and moderate this crap already! Stop being scared of the fallout and letting these scumbags run roughshod. They're only doing it because you're letting them.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Its like comparing Pol Pot to Mahatma Gandhi.

5. 101010

101010 Member

Like she said she's not normally on here. Viper forums are dead.
    How would someone get a hold of her?
    I know some can use steam chat. But that don't work for some.

Basically for new people it needs to be easier to report issues. Maybe add to the motd a list of admins online and alternative ways to contact Vicki.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

viper-clan@live.com for those who cant use steam chat. and yes the forums are dead I just don't have the time anymore to keep up with that.

7. Z100000M

Now lets start with the "any" part. Thats not the feeling I got over the years. There is some and that is way diferent that not any. Can't speak for all though. A I feel is a valid complaint really. B is not a requirement to respect someone and a silly notion really. Alot of people who are great guys are trash at the game. D.. I dont see any relation. C is just fucking silly, what the fuck are you even talking about.
    We're getting the exact opposite feelings. Everytime I heard anyone who wasnt outright buttering it up say anything about vicky, it was the opposite. In fact, I havent really heard vicky herself do too much, it was always craig (I think it was him anyway) or azk. As far as A point goes, im willing to agree to disagree.

Well, on the other hand take a look at the mod list. The only person who ever did any banning and is even remotely revelant in this age was Empty. He doesnt come here anymore. Big T doesnt seem to care at all whats going on, game or forums.
    I can't even name any other mods around here. I bet Candles has one, but other than that? I ve not seen anyone else do jack.
    Edit: Well, apparently jeph has one. At least one oldie who is not an ass to hold it I guess.
    Edit2 And they I realised BD probably has one too. Oops.

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

What did AZK do?

Hes a great admin.

The only issue I see with him is that he has trouble paying attention to stuff.
    The guy works deadlock shifts, and is tired most of the time so I don't ride his ass on that stuff.

No, there is a higher chance of me killing this game for people over you.
    And I barely play.

If you keep paradox perma muted, I guarantee the server will be 10x better for everyone.

9. Z100000M

There are way too many contenders for that title for you to even be in the top3.
    Id say sorry but thats actually a good thing.

10. Z100000M

Oh he did alot, no doubt, but as far as my recollection goes he was a normally a normal dude who seemed to suffer from unprovoked outbursts of assholery whenever someone tried to point out anything wrong with anything he might have anything to do. God save your soul if you dared to have a not positive opinion about something as well.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I was making fun of him.

Like the janitor of /sp/ who gets asthma attacks and deletes threads. He takes his job seriously, on a server for a dead video game, and he does it for free. it is an epic gobybasta :-D :-----D :-D

12. BigTeef

Um...

That sounds like more me than AZK, infact that sounds like you and me COMBINED.

I never seen this, and the both of us communicate whenever hes online.
    Are you sure your not confusing him with ASZ?

The guy with the repertoire of HSM sound clips?
    Because hes done more bullshit when he had his admin than either one I know.

13. Z100000M

Okay then, I though you were being serious.
    I did come across this fallacy many times as of late, alot with the combo of "you can't ever have a negative opinion" one, so i was willing to believe it was legitimate.

Unless asz happened to be a viper admin and second hand vicky then no.

What. That'd be like nothing since I seem to be your polar opposite.

14. 101010

101010 Member

Thank you. In the future I will try emailing about any problems.

15. BigTeef

He did, he had it for like a year then left.
    AZK is too tired to give a shit if you hate something he likes.

You go ape shit when somebody likes something and I go ape shit when somebody hates something.

You and I are very similar you Chernobyl bastard.
    We could argue for centuries given the chance.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

kill men

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Z100000M I have a proposal for you, or anyone else,
    Put up an empires server, host it for the community, I will take down VIPER during that time.
    You can have the pleasure.

You say you don't see me do anything.. I take care of everything on the server, install the servers, all files, plugins, maps, maintenance etc etc and have been since the day one which I think is 4 years now.

18. Z100000M

Correction, I seemingly go apeshit. I dont mean all those fucks and shits at all, its just a crappy habit that one picks up when he browses the english part of the net exclusively and plays mods like this one with people who dont care about what they say. I also harbor a strong distaste, bordering on contempt, for self righteous/centered, arrogants and egomaniacs in general.

Chernobyl is like 2 thousand kilometers away.
    Not an unreasonable assumption given I can't suffer not to have an informed opinion on most topics.

19. BigTeef

Talk wrestling to me.

He can't do that, he doesn't have the shekels to make it last longer than a month.
    Not to mention with all the radiation his internet would be shit unless he hosts it oversea's.

20. Z100000M

Oh jesus, not with this shit again. I told you not to shoot the messanger.

I say I didnt see. That doesnt say you didnt. It says that I, ONE PERSON, hasnt noticed much of an impact. This can imply many things, you not openly taking credit for doing stuff being one of them. I also was telling you the abridged opinion that was/is shared by many people, of course its not going to be accurate. I have nothing and never had anything against you personally, so I would apprieciate if you would not derail this or point shit on me.

And since I hate fallacious arguments: Sure, just give me the money and I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.