Repair Pad Recycling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Herbie, Aug 6, 2014.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Aw, jeez.

And you got the stink lines and everything.

[​IMG]

2. 101010

101010 Member

Sorry on vacation and been drinking.
    what I meant was basically what happened to the dev tracker that was used in the past. It help so people didn't have to keep asking what was being worked on. I know it has to be annoying for candles always being asked by everyone. In the past there was basically a summary of what was being worked on. It was hosted on another site and devs would always just post the link whenever anyone asked what was being worked on. But that was back before steam.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't that something that was only around when mootant was around? I don't remember anyone bothering with it after he left.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

There was Mantis for quite a few years, but people still usually found it easier to ask tbh.

Pretty much everyone from Empires trusts and likes you. Sure a bunch of us are dicks, but there are some genuinely good people in this community, and you've earned their respect.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  5. Reznov

Reznov Member

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I actually prefer people asking me questions over taking the Git Log at face value, because I enjoy discussing the finer points of Empires (read: little tiny things that no one notices). Although, some things are so fine that we don't even put them in the patch notes and it certainly provides a good launching point for discussions to start, so I certainly like having it.

But, like several other things, it broke during the port and no one ever fixed it. I'd wager it'd be one of the simpler things to fix, but it's not within my power to do it.

I laughed.

Oh, don't worry. It doesn't have anything to do with the game itself, (Admittedly, the endless amount of complaining I got over the sound changes didn't help in the least. You'd think people would be more happy about collisions being fixed than sounds being changed, but whatever). It's just a chronic issue that suddenly hit a peak so I don't have motivation to do, well, anything. Programming, school, games. I would say Empires is the least of my worries at the moment, but I'm finding it particularly hard to worry about anything at all.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Its like you find it suprising.

Over the whatever last years, its been the same shit. Trickster says somethings being done, but refuses to say what exactly or what would a release estimate.
    Ask him about any information about the next release and he becomes a flaming faggot that acts pissy when someone asks him a neutral question. Press further regardless and you get told for no reason about how life is tough and you are shit. Its like its some hilarious skit to EA's responses to players accusations of bullshit release practices.

Just ask Beerdude if you can, or even better Candles. They dont do everything, sure, but usually at least havea general idea of whats going on. More importantly, they dont have a wooden log up their asses.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Someone has to be the bad cop.

Also, you are right in one thing. I try my best to avoid ever giving solid dates or estimates on timeframes. I've been around long enough to know that it's a bad idea to do that.

I don't set out to be an asshole, but sometimes I pick up on what I feel are subtle notes of entitlement within some posts, and I just find it pretty annoying. There's a difference between asking for information (which I'm more than happy to answer), and why you don't already have that information, as if you're entitled to be informed. It's the latter which tends to provoke assholeish replies from me. It's honestly nothing personal.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Quality! :D That's also one of my favourite scenes :p

Hear the words like I typed them. People like and respect you, and think you're a good guy. I was using the people here as a reference because there's quite a number of them, not referencing that you should do something for Empires.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

11. Metruption

Metruption Member

playing PAYDAY2, same as every other person who 'plays' this game