Repair Pad Recycling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Herbie, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

1. Recycle repair pad

now it will not repair anything.

2. Cancel recycling

It Still doesn't repair anything.

Repair pad is now broken.

Usually all buildings continue functioning until they are finally removed.
    This problem first occurred on coast and I have double checked that these steps replicate it on a private server. I have known repair pads to not work in the past but I had no idea why.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. Reznov

Reznov Member

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Super candle powers activate!

[​IMG]

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

i said something about repair pads along time ago

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

It has already been fixed, will be adjusted next patch.

6. 101010

101010 Member

When is the next patch?
    Will it have the new load out?

Why is there no dev tracker......?

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Oh, I forgot you had a divine right to be informed of what's going on, given all the money you paid when you bought Empires.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

What is Candles doing all day long? Except whining about his dual degree.

9. 101010

101010 Member

Wow....way to be a dick about it.
    In the past the devs would keep people informed on the progress. It kind of keeps up the image of a mod not being dead. But yeah I'm sure keeping everything a secret has it's advantages also.

10. BigTeef

Just ask candles and he will tell you, he doesn't hide anything.

Reason why he doesn't post this kind of stuff is because he doesn't have a definite idea of what shit happens and doesn't raise hopes and destroy them.

But he does keep people informed of what hes doing if anyone is curious, he just doesn't publicize it.

11. 101010

101010 Member

Candles does a great job at keeping people informed. But he can only do so much.
    There are others working on projects that even candles has said he had no idea what still needed to be done.
    I understand people are doing this in there free time. But to new people they see this as a dead mod. The dev blog only gets updated when patches are released. An suggestion would be maybe just post more minor things so it shows things are still being worked on.
    Not sure why my post pissed trickster off. Pretty sure it was beerdude that would always post a log of what was ready for the next patch and what still needed work. I'm just like a kid on Christmas morning I can't wait to open the package. Very excited about the new load out system and can't wait to see it.

12. BigTeef

You asked him to do something.

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Eeeeeh? Weren't there like four patches released just this year? This isn't microsoft, no one's expecting a patch tuesday here. You get more than two patches a year in Empires, and it's the golden times.

14. 101010

101010 Member

Not asking for more patches. Just more updates from the devs. So that it shows that this mod is still alive. I know lots of things are being worked on. But they are not posted. So to someone new it looks like a dead mod. Even if they just throw up some random things there working on that might not even be implemented for a year. That would be better then nothing.

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

If anyone bothers to read the suggestions forum, you constantly have candles or beerdude talking about implementation, or not because it is dumb suggestion. Even in this bug forum you have candles saying he can fix that or something. It isn't on the main page, but you can see devs working on this and that on all parts of this forum. Even the mapping section has some activity in it, thanks to community members currently.

Point is it isn't hard to see life in empires and things being worked on.

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Your post comes across like you're expecting the information. "Why is there no dev tracker.....?" just reads like you're acting as if we're fucking up by not informing you of everything. There are far more pleasant ways of asking for information, and people on this forum do it pretty regularly. They get the information they asked for, rather than me being a dick in return, because I don't feel like the information is being demanded.

Things get done when they get done. If you've been on the forum more than 5 minutes, you'll know information starts appearing in threads when we're coming up to a release. Right now, there's not a great deal to talk about, otherwise you'd be hearing about it. We go through peaks and troughs of things happening, and right now things are quiet because the UI overhaul is a huge task that the game has needed for the past 6 years, while the main person handling it has serious RL commitments right now (Beerdude).

We don't keep things a secret (unless it's going to be a pleasant surprise for people), but we also don't make posts committing to doing something or raising people's hopes when we can't actually guarantee that we can follow through on something.

But as Teef said, if you want to know something, you can always just ask over steam, or just be pleasant about it on the forums. There's no need to make posts which come across as if you're accusing the team of doing nothing. It's only really the last line of your post that irritated me.

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I can't speak for Beerdude, all I know is that the guy's incredibly busy and rarely has time to work on projects. He's logged a grand total of 3.4 hours of gametime in the past two weeks, so he's certainly not shirking off to play video games.

As for my excuse, I got slammed with a bout of GAD leading into an episode of MDD, which in short means I've had a complete lack of will to do anything remotely resembling responsibility.

(Note: GAD = Generalized Anxiety Disorder; MDD = Major Depressive Disorder)

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Escitalopram brother.

19. Reznov

Reznov Member

So I have to add stink lines on my captain candles picture now. ):

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Aka the Empires Developer Syndrome (EDS).

I hope you get out of this soon.