The international 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, May 12, 2014.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Completely lost interest after C9 dropped.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Its was at least entertaining watching edgy mac edgersome team name get stomped.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

jezus fuck what a fucking anticlimactic piece of shit final.

The worst thing about this all is, games were shit cause the other team was just toooooo good. The way newbee played was flawless

4. Z100000M

They were also allowed to play nearly the same draft like 3 times.
    Other teams when stomped just went with something different. Not here. Just 3 quick as fuck ggs, fuck ya all who bought tickets.

5. Z100000M

Not really, no.

6. Paradox

Thing is they couldnt ban differently or you'd give them the draft they did other days. Its not that simple as dont give them that draft, cause then theyll do the the other draft.

Shits not that simple as draft better.

7. Z100000M

They first banned the same shit every game if im not mistaken. Maybe NB have a fucking great enchantress, but for fucks sake, if you are so adamant about going venomancer for some reason, at least set it up. They also never tried anything thats better for teamfight. No enigma, no void. Lol prophet and hope for the best.

Also, is lion any good? I swear Ive seen ONE game when the pick didnt cost the game because he was a buffet.

8. Paradox

They picked prophet to fucking not have to deal with that 5 man push. You can just go like hey ill pick a teamfight hero to counter 5 man push.

plz learn to play before comment

9. Z100000M

They gave away him the first time around and guess what.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

One of the best supports - 2 disables, unlimited mana pool that can also disable mana intensive heroes, and an ult that is basically an instakill during the early stages of the game. Lion fails when the rest of the team fails, he's a support that requires supporting.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

So I've been watching TI delayed with twitch downloads (spoiler-free, thanks Fooshi and Jephir) over the past few days, and I finally finished it today.

TI4 fucking sucked.

Some of it is Volvo's fault, some isn't. As far as Valve's fault goes, I felt the event just seemed too formal when compared with TI3. The content between games just seemed to extend to Kaci interviewing teams and occasionally showing you the odd thing. Last year, you had her going around the entire even constantly showing you new shit, as well as interviewing the teams that lost, showing you the players lounge and just generally being a reporter rather than just an interviewer.

On top of that, the format of only having 8 teams reach the main event fucking sucked. I don't know why teams got dropped from the group stage without any last-ditch elimination games or something. Every team that shows up to TI should play on the main stage, disregarding the wild-card games. This is what they did at TI3 and it made the event feel a lot more varied.

As for non-Volvo stuff, jesus fuck the Western teams sucked this year. I mean to be fair, this 15 minute ggpush meta is even more boring than 75 minute 4protect1 dota, or even ratdota, but that doesn't give any excuse for the Western teams not to have adapted. The games this year simply weren't entertaining. The few games that were entertaining nearly all involved Western teams (exception being LGD vs DK when LGD had Lycan). The Chinese played better Dota, NewBee especially. This sucks even more because NewBee are racist assholes who don't deserve shit anyway. But they were the best team by quite a huge margin. I think EG could have maybe done better than Vici in a Bo5, but I still doubt they'd have beaten NewBee. They've mastered this meta and no-one is going to beat them at it until the meta changes.

Which can't come soon enough.

12. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Yeah, deathball games are even worse than rat games. At least in rat games the ancient gets damaged.

13. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Coming in late to add absolutely nothing that hasn't been stated a hundred times already; that grand final sucked ass. I forgot who said it, may have been AdmiralBulldog, but that grand final really was the worst possible matchup for the audience. Two boring uninteresting teams that played four boring uninteresting games.
    I hate using the word soulless, because to me it seems a little racist, but if either of those teams showed some damn emotion or had any notable qualities whatsoever the games would have been much better. There is a reason DK and IG are the only teams that westerners really get behind: they actually interact with what is going on around them. Seeing DK literally all slump over with shame after being defeated by EG at the Summit or watching Chuan trying to take a bite out of the Cheese was so much more fun than seeing 5 dudes with the same slightly bored facial expression hold up a round bit of plastic after winning 5.5 million dollars. Look at Fnatic: they suck ass, and have a maximum of 2 playstyles, but people love them because they seem like fun people to be around on camera. This creates a vested interest which makes the games much for fun to watch due to the tension created. I didn't bother staying up to watch the finals because I literally didn't give a shit beyond the dollar of rares I bet on NewBee. I'm sure if this game was between NaVi and EG people wouldn't have used the word 'deathball' but 'action-packed'.

/rant

I believe this was an ESPN thing, they wanted to appear 'legit' on television. You're still absolutely right though.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

professionalism isnt about fun, thats the pity of it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  15. Paradox

dawg newbee is soulless, VG gaming has ROTK, makes up for nuff

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Soulless or not, they're also a few million dollars richer. Can't hat on that.

17. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

That infuriates me even more. None of these cunts deserved it.

18. Paradox

they did deserve it though, they litterally outplayed everyone at ti4 by a large margin. It was like alliance all over again but with newbee

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah I feel like Vici would have been a bit more emotional if they'd won.

Except Alliance had to fight really fucking hard to beat NaVi in the final, whereas NewBee never seemed like they were going to lose at any point.

20. Paradox

Thats true, but newbee had a really tough fight in the group stages and then just dominated in the bo3's. The meta was completely different too