Empires 2.51 Released!

Discussion in 'News' started by Trickster, Jun 22, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

3phase has the 2nd best cooling in the game.

Granted, its stall threshold is lower, but it's not significantly lower.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Its also the only engine to not have a terrible gimmick beside standart.

3. 101010

101010 Member

This is empires.......what do you expect?

4. ImSpartacus

What's Turbine's gimmick?

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Bad case of Gas.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

3phase gimmick is butter wheels.
    Gas is climb at full speed and push things you run into for longer before you stop.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Didnt it get better the more damage you took or someshit?

8. ImSpartacus

How is this a terrible gimmick?

You barely notice it.

If we want to get technical, 3phase's terrible gimmick is that its stall penalty hits earlier than any other engine.

Whether we're using turbine or 3phase, we simply don't notice these "gimmicks".

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Wrong, I notice 3 phase stalling on hit all the time. I don't like it.

10. ImSpartacus

Really? I can't say I've ever noticed that kick in. I'm often working my weapons enough that I go from 70% to 100% in no time at all.

I wish it was possible to kill weapons BEFORE mobility is affected, instead of the current opposite order.

11. ViroMan

It depends on the damage the hit does and you will notice it if your down to hull.. it makes getting away (in 3phase) nearly impossible once in that situation unless your already at max speed. If your trying to accelerate and get hit, its good night.

Yes I think gas did have the weight loss gimmick where the more armor you lost the faster you went. However it really should be the lighter your vehicle in whole is vs how much it COULD carry the faster it goes. Make a vehicle that doesn't even come close to max weight and it should be screaming around with gas.

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What? Getting hit with 3 phase means your tank can't accelerate for a second, it is unrelated to the heat gauge. I do play more aggressively in tanks though, so I get hit on the hull more often probably.

Didn't know damage affected it, but it makes sense.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Tried that, didn't work properly because every time the vehicle got recustomised on the repair pad, it added on the physical weight of the vehicle again so you just got stuck.

14. ImSpartacus

Candles fixes ducking everything. Has he tried to fix all of the ducked up shit with scripts?

Canon recoil is also a mystery. It's a goddamn shame that lts and afvs use the same engines. Etc.

Candles, you're our only hope.

15. Trickster

I don't really care about the feature enough to want it fixed anyway.

Cannon recoil however, would be great if it was scriptable. It opens avenues up for Autocannons and shit like that. Likewise, if it was possible to have some kind of drop for missiles, or potentially some level of accuracy loss (i.e. they don't fly arrow straight), then that could also make things more interesting.

16. ImSpartacus

I'm pretty sure you can get missiles to drop. It's the same parameter that causes cannon shells to drop.

17. Trickster

I haven't tried it but I remember someone saying they did and it didn't do anything. I could be wrong though. But really I'm talking more about a potential loss in accuracy. For example, for every 1000 units a missile travels, it has the potential to change direction in any random direction for 5 degrees (as an example). Obviously this is just making random values up, but it does create some more interesting positions. It's unique weapon properties like that which I really want so that we can start creating more interesting weapons.

18. ImSpartacus

The only difference between a missile that changes its accuracy angle mid-flight and a missile that doesn't is that the former could hypothetically become MORE accurate at a distance while the latter will always get less accurate at a distance. Other than that, they can be configured to work identically on open ground. I don't mean really similar, I mean same missile taking the same amount of time to get to the same final destination.

Considering the random chance involved in that very minor difference, I'm surprised that you'd care.

Don't get me wrong. I love variety and gimmicks more than most in this community, but I'm a practical man.

EDIT I suppose such a missile could curve around a corner and a traditional missile could not. However, if I want that, I'd rather slingshot guided around said corner.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  19. ViroMan

Well you could always get candles to make a new vehicle entity with the model of a missile and have him create a way for it to spawn and fly towards the direction it was fired while altering its path now and then.

Give it a gravity of say 100 and then literally shoot it out. It will float fast to its destination while slowly arcing down. lol

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  20. Trickster

It's more a case of creating missiles with inaccuracy at range. Right now we sort of have that, but only because of the weird-ass spawnpoints which the MLs come from. Once we have specific locations for the MLs to spawn from on the tank, that inaccuracy will go and you'll be able to shoot perfectly aimed rockets across the entire map in a perfect line. I don't think I want that, not for every missile at least.