Empires 2.5 RC4 has been released

Discussion in 'News' started by wealthysoup, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Well, we kinda discussed it in a chat and it just sorta seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean if the melee change is seriously upsetting people we can always change it back, it wasn't really anything of consequence.

As for sights for rifles, they were buffed. That's a modifier on the spread. Essentially, a 0.6 modifier means the spread is 60% of what it was before.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

There's nothing wrong with fucking around a bit.

I'd rather play on shitty scripts every week or two than play the same fucking scripts for six months.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Not really in disagreement. Of course, if you look at the change objectively, looks like people just wanted to have some fun with numbers for no particular reason. Increasing melee damage why?

Just that, why?

Differentiating it why?

If the answer is "just, cos, trying something maybe", maybe it might be a good idea to figure out WHAT's being tried first, since most of the threads this time round have been Melee is too high. Not low. So, maybe if they'd gone 30 for both, it might be more understandable to people.

Jus' sayin', when you buff something that people called to nerf, it's kinda confusing to lots of people.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

This community is more dogmatic than the Catholics. We need more "just cos" bullshit even if it's confusing and contradictory.

Those feelings remind us how new players feel every time they attempt to start empires.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

>Putting Catholics in one bag because you have 100+ sects and editions of your own.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Apatheism ftw

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

That's some AGILE development right there!

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Not a lot of people use melee on mainhand weapons so really this is mostly a nerf, and only in certain situations a buff. I know of but a few people that regularly melee with SMGs, everyone and their mother uses pistols.

9. Empty

Empty Member

The only melee primaries are smgs and now the shotgun anyway, it's a huge nerf to gren and rifle, and a painful thing to remember for engies and scouts.

Not to mention it makes pulling your pistol out in a desperate situation even worse.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a good change honestly, til I found out that melee upgrade was still a one hit KO. This is coming from someone that loves melee and regularly rolls around as gren, this is a good thing to nerf them. I honestly don't think it affects rifleman that much either, they just use their rifles for every distance. Still, melee isn't, or at least shouldn't, be a primary weapon even though it currently is being used as a primary.(including me.)

My real complaint was how slow the shotgun's melee was, it just feels pointless. Do wish it was slugs you could use as alt fire, but I do remember Candles saying that whole system ended up really too complicated.:(

11. Empty

Empty Member

I dont mind melee upgrade getting nerfed, but it's hard enough to land a melee so why the hell would you nerf the pistol damage down to 40

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

It makes close fights in tight situations harder while not fixing the melee+hide rushes and spawn camping, I don't see much point in the change really.

13. Lazybum

But it would fix melee hide rushes, if melee upgrade did a generic doubles damage thing. Grens can't kill people in 1 hit anymore, and engys and scouts are fragile plus no defusal. Though you are right it wouldn't affect spawn camping.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

What I am trying to convey is that I'd rather have melee upgrade nerfed in the first place.

15. FN198

FN198 Member

What is the default button for killspawning?

16. Lazybum

delete key, or you know, you could just check the control menu.

17. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

now thats some handy new feature, cant tell how often i whished for that ...

19. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Tiny patch to fix shotgun kill icons

20. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Oh. I thought this was a feature.