Empires 2.5 RC4 has been released

Discussion in 'News' started by wealthysoup, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Seeing as meele went up in raw damage, hp upg is getting a big nerf now.

2. Empty

Empty Member

I literally gave candles exactly what he needed to do to make scout rifle an interesting, useful weapon.

1st: Remove scope sway mechanic or nerf it so prone/stamina doesn't affect it (you did this, good work)

On scouts/engies:
    2 body shots to kill
    1 headshot
    health upg ups it to 3 bodyshots 2 headshots

On rifle/gren:
    3 body shots
    2 headshots
    health upg doesn't change it

There, bam, got a nice meta to work around, scout rifles are good at taking down engies and scouts, but you're better off with a normal rifle against grens and riflemen, if a sniper is chewing up your squad, grab health upgrade and soldier through, both sides have options and tactical choices to deal with the weapon.

With this, 2 bodyshots is going to be absurd, headshots are now completely useless (why?) health upgrade gets shafted, and I guarantee you nearly every rifleman will be carrying this shit because it's going to be OP

Cue backlash, cue overnerf, cue scout rifle going back in the retard bin for another 5 patches.
    Fuck guys, it doesn't need a big push to become viable, honestly the main change it needed was scope sway removal.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Does that mean that rifle ironsights are now better?

4. Silk

Silk Mapper

Exactly this. Some of the bigger changes might not work in the end, but we won't know untill we try it. And there's so much room for improvement if we just dare to experiment.

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

The problem with the scout is that he is not contributing to the team, making the sniper rifle more gratifying will not change that.

6. Empty

Empty Member

It's a rifleman weapon now mcgyver

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its not empires USP anyway :rolleyes:

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

AH, i see, the dices are rolling again

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

Only for mainhand weapons, pistol thwacks will need 4 hit with hp up and full health.

10. Silk

Silk Mapper

I think Trickster posted somewhere that the scout rifle will return later. If so just wait to see what they'll do with it

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

its back again already, riflemen have it now. (according to changelog)

12. Silk

Silk Mapper

Wow things go fast these days
    Should play more.

I hope Vicky fixes Viper soon

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

So...grens don't really have an effective melee now?

Lol, not that it bothers me. Though I do like the idea of differentiating melee damage, and it makes sense.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

I totally went "FUCK YEAH" when I saw that, but then I realized that melee upgrade will still one hit kill, and I deflated again.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Scout rifle will still hit for 135 damage, which means a 1HK vs all classes except Rifleman. Taking Damage Increase will allow you to 1HK a rifleman with a headshot.

Body shorts (that is, Torso and Chest) will hit for 75 damage, and again, less for Rifleman. Arm/Leg shots will hit for around 62.

16. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Would like to know too, because if iron sights have been made worse and move speed while sighted unchanged, this change in my opinion makes no difference.

The bonus accuracy of being sighted should be more rewarding for the trade off of becoming a static target because you have fuck all mobility while sighted in all positions, aside from sprinting directly forward when standing up. For example, I'm an average player crouching and sitting on the edge of a cliff etc. and shooting while in sights, it is my own risk that should be worth it, because any good player will punish you for being a sitting duck.

They still aren't worth using.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  17. complete_

complete_ lamer

it doesnt make sense, because people only melee when they're out of ammo. and now with melee being able to interupt reloading it gives no incentive to use the pistol 1 melee. you just need to switch to the smg once you're out of p1 ammo and it gives an unnecessary game dynamic that won't be known by anybody except people who read the changelog. its not like it takes time to switch weapons, its 1 second to switch from p1 to smg.

and thats not even mentioning the increase in damage (now you can just run at someone, shoot two bullets and melee. who needs a shotgun when you have that?)

18. Empty

Empty Member

I really felt it when I was playing rifleman before and I punched the fuck out of a grenadier and he just wouldn't die.

40 damage is too low and 70 is too high, it was fine before.

19. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Squad heal?

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

For the game, no. For real life, yes. That's what I meant. I'll admit that's singularly unhelpful on the game's forums, though. And that you have very good points. It IS pretty unnecessary, and overall I think things are a bit screwed...and I slightly feel like Trickster is f'ing with us because asked to "nerf" melee upgrade.