2.5 RC buglist

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by wealthysoup, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I've actually always had this problem, sometimes the enter command simply doesn't register. I just planned for it

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I am pretty sure that has to do with source mod picking up text from the player chat for sm commands.(nextmap and so forth, plus admin abilities.) I know it doesn't give errors when you do those commands in console.

It may be totally irrelevant though, I know candles was complaining about how it shouldn't even show because that's for debug builds only. I forget exactly what he said, but the only reason people were getting dropped from server was because the debugger would appear. Or couldn't deal with the assert fast enough. Something.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Btw, you still get the console spam when you open your graphics settings menu.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

"too many windows open rendering will be bad" error is engine-side.

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Then Valve should hire Candles to fix it! He fixes everything!

6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Theres something that can be added to your config to automatically hide those errors. I cant remember what it was or wehre I found it though.

I wouldn't be against the thought of having them automatically removed as the default though

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

Honestly I don't mind them at all, you should close those windows after you're done with them anyways.

8. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

A couple more to add to the "old known bugs" list:
    • Shells/Missiles getting stuck and persisting indefinetly. (screenshot)
    • On BE APCs with snow camouflage the turret doesn't have the right camouflage. (screenshot)

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I'm not sure how the camoflague textures work, but are the AFV and APC turrets not identical?
    If they are then thats an extremely simple fix (I never noticed this bu before)

Edit: Factoid of the day: Bet you didn't know that the turret barrel on the APC and AFV is different

10. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

One small issue

While commanding I usually ask my voiceless team to use FAAW (Air Support) to call my attention. Much needed when you have 20+ players and you don't notice the one guy sitting next to a ref. It used to blink the player on my mini-map. But now I rightfully get spammed with them until I find that player.

Can we get the blink back ? Or some indicator or alternate method I should instruct them to use ?

Not a suggestion - this is in BUGLIST because we used to have the blink.

11. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I crashed once playing Canyon as com last night with 45+ players online. The current crash doesn't just dump you out of the game, it just freezes and audio loop the last short buffer. I rejoined and continued to bitch slap NF with a better team and nubs who listened. Go BE.

No other crashes though. Do you guys still want dumps? I can dump on you later tonight when I get near my home machine.

12. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

[​IMG]

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

14. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Worth adding to DDD's picture, those textboxes appear whether you have respawned or not (hold cursor over skills for several seconds)

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

using fast weapon switch while dropping a mine results in -1 ammo count but no mine.

Also, please do someting about vehicle carcasses activating mines.

16. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Vehicle carcasses really should activate mines though, I really dont think thats a bug

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Two problems:

Vehicles in empires, it being empires, go like another 10 meters after dying, screwing any other mines placed in front. Especially annoying for jeeps, as for the little to no costs a couple of 8 mine stacks can go bye bye.

Also, if place a mine near a carcass , it will sometimes spontaneusly detonate in your face.

My gripe is mostly with the latter, as that is both very unintuitive (how would a dead vehicle detonate a mine exactly?), and limits mine placement if a vehicle dies in a choke.

18. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Ok I can't quite get sourcemod working yet because typing in any sourcemod command into chat causes the client to crash with this assert.
    I think it's more likely to be a bug in empires and not sourcemod because it only affects the client and not the server.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: did more testing with it doing nearly anything with sourcemod causes that same assert.
    It also causes the assert to happen for everyone on the server apparently. (unconfirmed)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  20. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

During the one match on Viper - where that exact error occurred I did switch the map to Rainbow road. It most likely caused the problem, although asserts should not occur in released code. It's so specific that it should point right at the line in the code - so hopefully one of the devs sees this.

After the lock ups occurred, I told Vicki and she removed admin mods, and restarted Viper. We'll monitor and report any additional fails.

On Epic - I regularly crash, with two different types of crashes, which occur while I'm in com, in a vehicle or on foot:
    1) Game freezes with voice loop repeating - complete freeze occurs requiring task manager to kill. This may be the same as reported here since I don't wait minutes for the freeze to timeout and show an error. I kill and rejoin.
    2) Abrupt drop out of the game at which time I can just quickly rejoin.

I have done NO "sm" or console commands on Viper since the original crash, and will not until it's stated as working. I also reported this failure to Candles at the time of the crash in chat.