Spartacuspires

Discussion in 'Coding' started by ImSpartacus, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I thought they were all done actually. I didn't know Vehicles and Armours weren't, my apologies.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

spart use the attached surface properties. Just place in script folder. It will not cause a VAC issue or conflict with current steam. Although a pure server might overwrite it... I duno.

Edit the jeep entries to look like this ... to use standard materials just different names.
    Code:
    "material" "Rubber_Friction_13" //"jeeptire"
    "skidmaterial" "Rubber_Friction_2" //"slidingrubbertire" // surface properties when sliding
    "brakematerial" "Rubber_Friction_6" //"brakingrubbertire" // surface properties wen breaking            

The properties go from 2-20 = 0.2 - 2.0

Attached Files:

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That was neat. You dun goofed with the frozen armor, and shield only works on heavy armor, but I do like it. Shotgun cannon was neat, too bad I didn't have a chance to use it. After using it for a bit, auto cannon really isn't as good as rails, its just that they actually reload that it seems like they were much better. Can't wait to try the next exciting edition of Spartacuspires.

4. ViroMan

He nerfed the fuck out of autocannon thank god. You used to be able to 2 shot kill anything with dual AC. I went around one time and killed 6 tanks before I got killed and I wasn't even trying. I just go up to them and then broadside them 2x and its over. He says he only changed rof but, I didn't really notice that. I did notice that they don't really heat much.

Dual nukes is still OP. He can't really do anything about that though since nukes are standard weapon and he doesn't want to break reverse compatibility. Soon as NF get DN its over for BE they won't be able to keep a base up at all.

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Spartacuspires 0.4 Vehicle (fail) Handling

• Massively increased the weight of the custom chassis (except virojeeps) so they shove each other more realistically.
      • Need to understand suspensions to increase further (open to any & all suggestions on improving this).
    • Added Viroman's surfaceproperties_hl2.txt that includes various tire surfaces for anyone looking to play with them, but couldn't successfully use them without the tanks getting stuck in the ground. :(
    • Nerfed the ridiculous regen of Frozen armor, lol.
    • Slightly nerfed the regen of Shield armor.
    • Added a few cannons (hint: research BioMG) and a ridiculous BE tank.

Yeah, I feel like the game needs something opposite Reactive - that is an armor that's shitty on APCs/LTs and good on larger tanks.

I'm not 100% convinced that my exact version of "Shield" armor is exactly what the game needs, but it shows that there's a lot of room left in the scripts to provide completely new gameplay experiences.

In the version that we played, I really DID only decrease rof (and only by 33%).

In this version, I increased the heat slightly as well. It's definitely worse than rails now.

It's REALLY hot though.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  6. ViroMan

DN may be hot but, it only heats up to your max and thats it. Using the massive engine you created, it cools down fairly fast.. driving or not. I only have to wait for the reload timer not the heat bar.

About the surface properties... I told you how to use them. :(

7. ImSpartacus

Yeah, that engine is hilarious. It is more of a toy than a legitimate engine. If you haven't noticed, I'm mostly playing with every last scrap of script functionality instead of creating a balanced gameplay environment.

Also, if you're riding the overhead line with nukes, it's pitifully simple for an enemy tank to keep you overheated. I removed it for heavies in 0.4.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm learning a lot of new things at once. You share a lot and I am very grateful, but I can't digest everything.

It would be a good idea to write up a documentation post of all/most of your findings so others can follow behind you.

I did the same for the relatively simple trick that allows my scripts to coexist with the stock scripts.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbd4od64neI

9. ViroMan

I gave sparty a copy of an older version of my jeep that is still newer then the one that viper used. Its got 2 dozen extra commands in them. Some work some don't. He can play with that. :)

10. ViroMan

probably due to recent patch in empires... they removed several things... just reinstall the patch.

11. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

We need a new edition of Spartacuspires, and a PUG to screw with it.

This needs to happen:D

although we'd need balance testing first. maybe.

12. ImSpartacus

Ok.

Download this shit.

[​IMG]

13. ViroMan

So descriptive...

14. ImSpartacus

Iterate quickly. Can't let documentation get in the way.

Besides, most of my updates will be handling-only from here on out.

15. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

Some work I've been doing:

Hyperdrive: This engine barely cools, but has tremendous speed and horsepower. It is suitable for space travel.

Research: Nuclear Reactor

Also found out changing engine heat capacity carries over correctly into gameplay.

Tungsten Alloy Engine:This engine has standard engine's cooling and speed, but twice the heat capacity and more horsepower.

Research: Gas Turbine Engine

Compound Armor: Compound Armor relies on a salt-based coating that excels at absorbing and rebounding the force of larger, slower projectiles. It gives substantial protection for it's weight, but it can be damaged by infantry guns and anti-infantry vehicle MGs.

Research: Absorbant Armor

Reformative Armor: Reformative Armor is made of a biological slime that reforms itself when it gets hit by explosions. It resists missile, explosive, and biological damage sources, but takes extra damage from kinetic sources. It also slowly regenerates, like Composite.

Research: Regenerative Armor

Attached Files: