[Video]Music video grenadier

Discussion in 'Art' started by Neoony, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Neoony

Neoony Member

Here is a vid that I made of me playing as a gren on emp_nuclear for first time.

Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPihTiiRL_w

btw 4K (upscaled)

(question for those not using adblock, do you see any ads in video? YouTube says that its gonna put some ads into the vid because of the music.)
    (EDIT: oh, yeah looks like they put ads in it...adblock ftw, not monetising anyway)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That mortar bobbing around and the speed it was going at felt like I was watching doom. That was fun to watch.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Still made me think... wtf? mowtar instead of rpg? Mowtar does less damage to vehicles then rpg but, mowtar fires faster... I would like to see some numbers on this.

I suppose there is also the possible chance of hitting someone who just gets out of the apc.

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

Thanks! :D

I wasnt really watching all the changes, but from what I have noticed/known there are different damages with rpg or mortar against different armors and sometimes it seems like rpg is more effective and sometimes it seems like mortar is more effective, depending on the armor. Not completely sure about this tho :D anyone to confirm?

And I have also heard some time ago that mortar is more effective against the hull. Not sure aswell, but seems likely.
    But anyway I usually use mortar...because..mortar powa ^^ , unless the situation does not allow it or it would be ineffective :D

Yeah, that actually happens pretty often xD

-----

But anyway, I would probably like to do some similar video to this at the next PUG match for some more serious grening :D, so hoping to get some good matches :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Mortar doesn't do less damage to vehicles. At least not from what I could tell from testing it. Reactive armor does take 20% more damage from rpgs. Both do 130 damage. I can't comment on hull, but I think all vehicles have either 150, 200, or 250 hull health, so they all die in 2 hits anyway.

Most people use rpgs just because you can guide them, plus it saves the very versatile mortar ammo for something else. When the tanks are that close like in the vid and aren't really moving using the mortar is way more efficient than rpg, especially because there is ammo close by. Plus you have it out when infantry accost you. That's my 2 cents.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

No CRAWWLLING music?

What about a dubstep montage with weed all over the video?

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Dubee probably has a few of those