Empires Sings - Submissions!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Empty

Empty Member

The song chosen was Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

I expect to see maximum submissions for this.

We will be using this version of the song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM
    Don't record yourself singing to any other versions, live, radio edit, whatever, I doubt it'll be a huge issue since 99% of you should have the same version but just making it clear.

Submission guidelines:

File:
    .wav or .mp3 preferred, I can probably work with .ogg too if for some weird reason you want to record in that format.
    Sample rate should be 44100Hz, if you're not sure don't worry too much, I'm fairly sure that's the default bitrate for most recording software.

Content:
    Sing the LYRICS to the song, don't change them in any way.
    I don't mind having a little fun though, if you want to sneak something in between lines or whatever I won't stop you, but keep in mind I choose what goes in. If you record something that pisses me off/isn't funny/doesn't work with the rest of the song, I'll either delete that part or I won't use your submission at all.
    Please be enthusiastic, I don't want to hear monotone droning, if you can't sing at all, that's okay, just try and make some effort.
    Get the tune somewhat right. Offkey notes are okay, I doubt any of us are trained singers, but don't purposefully fuck it up. If you can't reach a high note, don't worry too much, hell it'll probably be funny to hear like half the peoples voices crack on high notes anyway.
    Don't worry about being embarassed or not, I'll keep it confidential who sang what bits and you guys can put it together for yourselves/take responsibility for certain parts.
    Finally, make sure there's no background noise, static from your mic is okay since you can edit that out but if you have family members, pets, TVs in the background, either shut them up, turn them off, or record when they aren't around.

Editing your file:
    Please don't tamper with your recording in audacity etc. I want peoples actual voices not some pitch shifted shit. The exception is noise reduction, if you know what you're doing, feel free to perform your own noise reduction since it'll save me time. If you don't know what you're doing, don't worry too much, I'll be editing stuff on my end anyway and if your track is noisy I'll clean it up.
    Also, don't record each section seperately and piece them together. Do it in one take, it's better that way.

Submission:
    I'd like a direct link to your file either PMed to me or emailed to me. You can send emails via the forum I think. I'm not too fussed.
    You can resubmit if you think you did a better recording, no guarantees I won't use the crappy one though.

Submissions Close:
    TBA, once I reach a certain threshold of submissions and/or interest and submissions seem to die down, I'll give a few days warning for how long you have left to submit, then I'll begin editing.

Let's make this something cool guis. Don't fuck it up <3

2. Empty

Empty Member

Btw I'd prefer if you don't post your recordings in the thread too much, so as not to spoil the final product for others :)

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

submitted

god help you all

4. Empty

Empty Member

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

This might take me a couple runs before I get a recording where I don't slur, spaghetti, or yawn in the middle of a word.

6. BigTeef

This is most likely going to be cut into pieces and used in certain parts instead of everyone singing the whole thing for 3 minutes, and use the best parts of everyone and synch it together.

My two takes were abysmal so I am hoping he can fix that white noise shit I had on mine, my singing was also horrid but I recognized I can do the background lyrics better than the main lyrics.

Find what ever natural pitch your voice can do without it cracking, and go with that.

I am although confused about people being nervous. The point of talking to people is so they don't bother you again, so this stigma of voice communication really puzzles me.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Don't worry too much if we get enough people any fuck ups will be harder to notice.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

It's just going to be a global fuck up of voices. Like in Empires spectators mode.

9. Empty

Empty Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F22pQPfoBjs

If /v/ can produce something almost acceptable we can do it too.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I submitted my tenth try. I may have temporarily changed sexual orientation towards the end. I just remember that teef's voice is in this too so I'm cool with it.

11. BigTeef

I sat through both of my takes and laughed uncontrollably.

12. Empty

Empty Member

10/10 would squad with

where the fuck is everyone else though.
    Dese niggas. 6 votes for the song and 2 submissions so far.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Learning lyrics is hard.

14. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I'm busy and having issues finding both the time I can do it and a place I can do it without getting background noises.

15. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You all need Michael Jackson's dad for some motivation.

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I have absolutely no intentions of submitting anything at all.

17. BigTeef

Empty said he will be playing with it so it sounds better.

[​IMG]
    stop trolling and do it

18. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

this. I can produce a useful track, but I either need to be alone or with people that I like to sing infront of (when they are around). Maybe I'll record it on my way to work :D

19. BigTeef

Do it in the shower

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Do it in spec.