Trouble in Terrorist Town Revival Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RetroFade, Jul 22, 2013.

1. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

UPDATE: OK, the ball's rolling. It's looking good for us to play. The server works, I've changed the gamemode to TTT and so all we need now is the maps. I've set a time for SATURDAY 3RD AUGUST for 7.30pm GMT. The event will change this to your time in the Steam group. This is just a rough time to assemble, check numbers, get everyone in the server and then to start playing. You may have already seen the announcements and events go up. I'll still do the Steam Friends spam through the group closer to the time.

The server can be joined by copying and pasting this into your console: connect epic-empires.co.uk:27070; password empttt

The maps aren't on the FTP yet so you will need to download the BSPs from this ZIP in the meantime. We won't be playing all of the maps probably, and I'm not gonna change anything with the ZIP. It's hosted in my dropbox, the download link is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6056146/maps.zip

Place them in the following directory: steamapps/<user>/garrysmod/garrysmod/maps ||| In here should be all the PNG images for the Source Engine maps, if you see these, it's the right area.

Since it's the summer and there is plenty of spare time to be had including playing video games I propose we revisit everyone's favourite Garry's Mod gametype, the amateur-detective based cold-blooded murder simulator TTT. Unfortunately since SeaNanners and friends discovered Source games/mods the servers are populated with young American children who make it unbearable. So we have to go private.

We already have a steam group set up which I botched together some years back:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empires-TTT

As you may notice it's looking a little bare and I know more people took part in it with us, call that group the "cores" if you will.

So anyway branching off from the Summer Sale thread 2013 I propose we get a group together (and hopefully a server if it can be spared) to carry on such summer festivities like the good old days. since Garry's Mod and CSS was only £3.74 and $5 there is no excuse as to why it could not have been bought. THE PRICE IS NOW THE SAME FOR APPROXIMATELY 04:17:49 remaining

There's a good chance Counter Strike Source will bounce back up to £14/$21.46 so this is probably the key part, Garry's Mod only costs £6/$9.20 outside of the sale

You will need only Counter Strike Source and Garry's Mod. Both have to be installed at the same time and have been played at least once. TTT is bundled within GMOD itself so you don't need to download anything extra apart from maybe some maps (can be done server side)

Any interest can be directed this way in the thread and to me and I'll sort out the Steam Group.

If worst comes to worst we can server invade, so who's ready to stick a knife in someone's back and then argue it wasn't them afterwards before getting shot in the face?

Code:
    POTENTIAL MAP LIST:

ttt_lost_temple_v2 [COLOR="Cyan"]CLASSIC[/COLOR]
    ttt_theship_v1  [COLOR="Magenta"]NEW[/COLOR]
    ttt_wintermansion [COLOR="Magenta"]NEW[/COLOR]
    ttt_thething_b4 [COLOR="Cyan"]CLASSIC[/COLOR]
    ttt_cluedo_b5 [COLOR="Cyan"]CLASSIC[/COLOR]
    ttt_amsterville_final2 [COLOR="Cyan"]CLASSIC[/COLOR]
    clue [COLOR="Cyan"]CLASSIC[/COLOR]
    TTT_BANK_B3 [COLOR="Magenta"]NEW[/COLOR]
    ttt_scarisland_b1 [COLOR="SandyBrown"]REMAKE[/COLOR]

Code:
    TO ADD TO GROUP:

[s]Shitstorm[/s]
    [s]Security[/s]
    [s]A-z-K[/s]
    [s]Fooshi[/s]
    [s]Paradox[/s]
    [s]Candles[/s]
    [s]LordDz[/s]
    [s]Grant[/s]
    [s]Wealthysoup[/s]
    [s]Spartacus[/s]
    [s]Teef
    Kane[/s]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Well up for this, I never got the chance to play it in its heyday.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm not willing to spend money just to play once for two hours and never revisit it.

5. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Surely you already have CSS and Gmod?

6. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

If you have a good enough play session with decent people who don't whine when they lose in good humour within us then trust me:

1) You will play for more than 2 hours
    2) You will revisit it either in your spare time or again with us depending on the success of the first scheduled session
    3) If you have a sense of humour you will enjoy this gametype
    4) If you keep your wits about you as Innocent and don't get killed then you'll enjoy your time as innocent more
    5) You already own CSS, so you just need Garry's Mod, you will be spending approximately 2.04 Euros if you buy it within the next 03:39:53 remaining. Even if you don't enjoy TTT, you still own one of the best sandbox games ever made.
    6) We will definitely be playing on a server with Haste Mode enabled meaning there's less time being dead/bored if you are one of the first victims, Traitors have to make a move or they lose
    7) Being selected as traitor will make you giddy with excitement so much that you have to calm yourself down in order to play properly.

Do I need to say more?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Never played it before but looks fun. I already got gmod

8. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

It was fun before children infested it. I'm up.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I am also interested. I'll try speaking to some old CW guys and find out if they're up. The EPIC and CW days of TTT were pretty special.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

add me!

11. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Already had you down. Basically I'm looking for those who weren't involved last time or who aren't in the group.

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Sucks to not have pp account.

Also, whats that about old cw playing TTT? Who are you talking about specifically?

13. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

CB, nebajoth, Mr. Weedy, off the top of my head...

14. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Bro, count me in.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

The problem is spending money. Also I heard this "TRUST ME IT'LL WORK" talk a few times already and it always, without fail, ended up the same.

Why am I even in this thread. Have fun killing yourselves >_>

16. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Add me.
    Also, D.D.D. There is really no good excuse for not owning GMod.

17. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

None's forcing you so whatever. I mean it was 2 euros so not exactly buying an AAA garbage title, but I was only offering encouragement. It's one of those things where it is the more the merrier because more traitors are selected based upon player count.

Anyway we're getting a good basis for numbers so things are starting to take shape. More to follow...

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

I want Recettear though. Don't get me wrong, I watched quite a few TTT videos so I know how it plays out, but I have different priorities right now.

19. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

You can pick up all three games for 11€ right now. Even I can do that.

20. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

There, now you have Garry's Mod. Play with us.

I love Garry's Mod though, especially with Wire mod. Do all the fun low-level digital logic stuff without shelling out for actual parts.