Xbox One

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by petemyster, May 21, 2013.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It had the most sales because it was advertised EVERYWHERE on places no games ever make it to, like housewife shows - then housewives bought the Wii for Wii sports and thus it had a shitload of sales. Wii U didn't have that.

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

The Wii was far more fun than any other console of that generation.

The Wii sold more because it was more fun, didn't dick around the owners in any way, fucking worked, had indie game support, backwards compatability not only supported but fucking reccomended and was about £100 cheaper than then next console.

The PS3 was pretty great, decent multimedia station and really useful until the Sony Bravia made it completely obsolete.

The Xbox360 only seems more popular because it has a bigger voice on the internet. A bigger, whinier, 14yo, CODbro voice.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I don't buy the advertising argument.

Companies spend millions gathering talent to make decisions to shape the success of each console. There's no way you've noticed something this simple that they all missed.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

You don't get on housewife talkshows with video game consoles.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

wii was innovative - the input device only proved well for casual/social games though, and that just isnt the core market - so there was a reason (innovation) to buy wii, but there is little for wii u (my opinion, doesnt contain hard facts)

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Then the advertising is a result of the console's ability, not some sort if incredible marketing prowess. You have to have something good to market in the first place.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

What flasche said. Housewives already have wii Sports and they don't want anything else.

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

When was the last time you watched TV? 1963?

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

Kinda close actually, I haven't sat down to watch TV properly in a really long time - occasionally I watch an episode of some series or a news program but that's about it.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No that's basically why the wii did so well, it stopped trying to compete with the same market as sony and microsoft and decided to create a new market. Being the only entrant in that new market, it did very well.

Good marketing is the reason the wii did well. Same reason iPads are successful. Pretty useless system in terms of actual functionality, but fashionable, the only thing in its class (at the time of release) and appealing to the specific market it's being advertised to.

A wii is an underpowered and largely gimmicky console with a rather selective games market that doesn't include many of the big cross platform titles.

However, it is advertised as a fashionable family entertainment platform, your mum can do step aerobics on it, your grandma can play wii bowling with the kiddies, and the kiddies can play zelda, good wholesome fun for all the family.

Which is a very good idea, given that mum and dad are the ones who have to buy the xbox and the PS3 for timmy. Why not advertise it to mum and dad instead of timmy?

12. BigTeef

Wii would like to play

13. BigTeef

14. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Lol consoles.

15. Space_Oddity

Laughed IRL.

Wanted to watch Netflix or iPlayer? Too bad.

Welcome to the botnet.

Thank the gods, I hate it when the microwave interferes with my games console.

I'm not even sure what the hell they mean here.

16. BigTeef

They created a hivemind for their consumers so they can communicate to each-other telepathically.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Are they claiming that large persistent worlds are totally cloud technology? Of course open world MMOs are probably the pioneers of cloud computing but it isn't exactly the same thing. "Cloud" in the technological sense is soon going to be a meaningless word, used as a gimmick to make people buy things, the same as calling certain foods in a supermarket 'organic'. Which, on an unrelated note, is completely absurd seeing as how pretty much everything in a supermarket is organic else we can't digest it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  18. BigTeef

I am glad I managed to get a job for a short period of time and buy myself a computer before the new age attacked me.

19. Space_Oddity

20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lol steam.