Yearly browser poll 2013

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Apr 8, 2013.

?

Which browser do you use?

1. Google Chrome

20.5%
  2. Chromium-based (SRWare Iron, Comodo Dragon, etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Firefox

59.0%
  4. Internet Explorer (lol)

2.6%
  5. Opera

10.3%
  6. Safari

2.6%
  7. Other

5.1%
  1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Why would you even need to open 800+ tabs in the first place?

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

over a time of 18months this is probably not so much.

i still like firefox better then the rest. its solely because i have a set of plugins i dont want to miss or search for alternatives.

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Really? My tabs are literally just:

Dota 2 Alt-Tab guides/Empires Mod Forums/E-mail/Facebook/Youtube/Tab for looking up words online in books I'm reading

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Opera, because we ditched it and replaced it with homegrown Chromera. Desktop version will probably be out in late 2013.

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

We have to learn and use Chromium's code and V8 is pretty fucking good. I hate Firefox since they started retarded upgrades that fucked all my extensions. I have used dev tools in Opera, Chrome and Firefox and they're mostly the same.

Chromium uses WebKit and is switching to Blink, Opera is using Presto in 12.14 but will be using Blink in 14, Firefox is made with philosophy "we'll do everything ourselves" and they manage to fuck up everything that is possible to fuck up.

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I have between 50 and 150. You just have to buy 16GB of RAM. I don't remember Firefox handling tabs any better. I remember whole browser crashing because of Flash in 1 tab.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

And it's fucking awful compared to Infinality/Gentoo.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

That's interesting, you probably have it tweaked by default to use lots of RAM. We ship pretty much the same code for TVs that have like 35MB of RAM for browser.

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Are you trying to say that Firefox still doesn't have "Add all tabs to bookmarks"?

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

ALL GLORY TO THE LUMIA 920.

I don't get why people have "constant" tabs. I just don't do that. When I've finished with every tab, I just close my browser. I literally have to press one letter and all of my most visited sites come up:

forums.empiresmod.com
    reddit.com
    news.bbc.co.uk
    zombies.nu/forums
    epic-empires.co.uk
    hotmail.com
    mail.google.com
    webmail.mycompanyherefuckyou.com
    bitstamp.com
    dotafire.com/dota-2/guides?sort_type=modify_ts&sort_order=desc&hero_id=&type=guide&freshness=Expired&author=&min_quality=&min_vote_count=0

I'm not even joking, I genuinely thought that's how everyone browsed. I couldn't imagine having constant tabs and having to find what I'm looking for amongst them.

11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'm one of those fags that live in the cloud. Pandora is always open, as is grooveshark. I don't have an mp3 collection.

Since I'm a Google fanboy, all of my emails funnel into Gmail and I live off its calendar. Finally my fourth "permatab" is Google reader (rip) because I can't be a news glutton without rss.

Everyone has their work flows. Some of us are more robust to hardware destruction than others. Cloud 4 lyfe, bitches.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  12. Empty

Empty Member

firefox

second browser I ever used, I like it, it's simple and usually runs well.
    I also really like the download UI

13. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Well, I have music constantly playing through youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo1uygwCnrE

And I like to look up every single word/reference in novels or whatever I'm reading. So really, it's mainly the latter two tabs that are the most pertinent.

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Internet Explorer because I get a warm fuzzy feeling when my WSUS reports tell me my browser is patched. But I don' trust it that much, I do still run it in Sandboxie.

Also my pet hate is using anyone's PC and seeing their browser full of toolbars.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Oh god, my mum's 4 recipe toolbars. I die inside every time I use that PC.

That is a long youtube video.

16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Chrome, the built-in site developer tools are outstanding

17. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Well, I used to just put songs I like on infinite looper, but after listening to the same Prokofiev etude for the fiftieth time, I finally realized it was much more efficient to find super long youtube videos and listen to them at once whilst reading a book.

So, for instance, if I'm about to read a relatively short book, like Cannery Row, or something, I listen to:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMU6EEITLXQ, because I try to match up video lengths with the time it takes for me to read a novel.

Unfortunately, I grossly miscalculated the time it's taking for me to read Far From The Madding Crowd, as I'm over halfway finished with the book but nowhere near the Moonlight Sonata, (of which, incidentally, I only ever really enjoyed the third movement).

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

What would i do with so many tabs? There are bookmarks for a reason. I have max 10 tabs open and even that already feels like a mess.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The only times when I have more than 6 tabs open is when I'm on TvTropes.

20. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I don't get why you all use winamp or foobar, I downloaded both, and both of them are like unpolished. I don't know. I'm not particularly a fan of apple. But I still use iTunes. Don't even have an iPod or anything I just use iTunes cause it's awesome.