emp_force_kill does not block squad revives

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 27, 2013.

1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I'm not sure if this is a bug, a feature, or simple oversight but:

1. Type emp_force_kill into console
    2. Get squad revived

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I'd say that even if it's a bug, it's still a good thing.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think it probably should block squad revives. Forcekill is forcekill.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I'd find it useful if I need to be squad revived somewhere else, but some person keeps reviving me. It's the same situation as when you need to killspawn to an APC or barracks and some dumbass doesn't realize you're killing yourself for a reason.

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, suiciding to get squad rev'ed and suiciding to killspawn are very similar in that you don't want to get revived.

So it's not a bug. It's a feature. :headshot:

6. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

It should be a forcekill. What if, for instance, I get a squad leader who doesn't realize that I'm killspawning, and revives me (because 2 other people are already dead in the squad or whatever). I know that I do this a lot; when I have 3 people dead in my squad, I squad revive; when I have 2 vets dead in my squad (or even 1, depending on the level of urgency), I do a squad revive. If those people were killspawning, well, congratulations, because I just fucked that up.

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

What if your squad leader made it behind enemy lines and wants everyone to suicide to get squad rev'ed? In that case, you need to prevent some chap from walking along and rev'ing you, but you need to be able to get squad rev'ed.

And I'm not sure I like the concept of half a squad killspawning to go fight somewhere else. Splitting up a squad is almost never a good idea.

8. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Arguably, squad revving is easier if some newbie is constantly reviving you because a squad revive is instant, whereas a killspawn to a barracks is not.

It is generally a good idea to have the squad stick together; no one would dispute that. However, every squad inevitably gets split up in Empires some time or another (unless you're talking about the really organized squads "back in the day", like Hotel, Foxtrot, Kilo etc). When the squad does get split up, and I'm on the front lines, I'll often do a squad rev to save tickets/cut down walking time/rally the squad onto me/boost morale. Nonetheless, it's not a major priority, and I'd much rather that squad rev was blocked by force-kill, just so that I wouldn't accidentally squad rev someone trying to save main.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I miss Friendstrot squad.