Revive icon at unspawned players location

Discussion in 'Closed bugs' started by wealthysoup, Jan 4, 2013.

1. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

When playing as revive engineer (at map start), if there are players in your team that have not spawned then you will see the revive icon hovering in mid air at their location.

Reproduction steps:

1. Join a server at round start and spawn as revive engineer.
    2. If a player on your team hasn't spawned yet you will see the revive icon floating above their heads.

Additional notes:

1. I think this is the same for squad markers, can someone clarify?
    2. I'm not sure if the player has to select class and loadout before the icon appears.

Jephir-I found a bug today that I wont post on forums (you will understand when I explain). I will contact you on steam tomorrow (if you see me first then please get in touch.)

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Should be fixed in 87fb6769d4e95c9e9331e463a607e69d71214786. Test/Review please, I have not actually compiled the code since I don't want to wait so long D:

Actually I think I only fixed this for squads. I'm not sure where the icons from non squad members come from. They should be in hud_crosshair but I can't find it there. There are only revive icons in emp_squad_hud.

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Appears to be fixed, or at least I can't reproduce in the current build.

4. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Revive icon no longer appears. Squad icon and health (if they have been in spectate first) do.

If a player was in spectate then joined a team and squad near the squad leader their health below the squad icon would increase (would still read 0 in squad menu)

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Make a new thread for it, otherwise it'll get missed.