The Tanks in this game have inspired me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by madog, Jun 20, 2006.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

What the hell does 'bump' a topic even mean? I've never been on a forum that uses that term before, and I've been on hundreds. And whats wrong with posting in an old thread? Would you rather I spam the forums with new topics? We've had this conversation before, and a vast majority of people that replied said it was better to revive the thread then start a new one.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  2. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

:confused:

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

5. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

Same post. He does know what bumping is.

The reason why we don't like it when you pump old treads, no matter how good the tread is, it will turn to crap once you get your hands on it.
    If you MAKE a topic, then we already know to stay away.

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I don't know what bumping is, and just because I post in a thread doesn't mean it will turn to crap.

Nearly everywhere I post you start bitching at me Cyber. Why don't you try to resolve it nicely for once and we can get rid of this damn pointless feud. Where the hell did the feud even start anyway?

7. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

When I was playing with you in game and you used team talk to piss everyone off and told me what to do in while I was in comm.
    Then you where in the forums and posted some of the most useless crap imaginable, and calling everyone idiots when you spell 'you' as 'u'.

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I did not team talk to piss people off, that was an unfortunate side effect that no one told me about until I was on the forums. Before the forums there was just the occasional player that just said that THEY couldn't hear me.

I was doing the exact same thing nearly every other player does when communicating with the comm: asking for specific research, asking for refs/turrets, and pointing out things that I though may be important.

I was not intentionally posting BS information. Who would expect their teachers to teach them BS? To hold that against me is unfair. I have however learned me lesson, and will not use them as a source in future unless other sources prove that the teacher(s) are correct.

I do not try to annoy people, I just had a bad start with the Empire's community because people never told me a single thing about how annoying I was in game,
    just the occasional "I cant hear you, you're mic is too quiet."

9. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Killx.... we where telling you to type, I alwasy do for anyone using the team talk.
    Unlike other people, you where littelry telling me what to do in the comm.
    You have told us your teacher is crazy then use him as a source.
    We where telling you to shut up in that game.
    All 4 points mute, how much more you going to come up with now?

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

When were people telling me to type? I read all the messages that come through chat. Unless it was such awful timing that I was in a menu blocks chat when they were sent.

I was not literally telling you what to do in comm.

Its 2 different teachers. Computer Engineering and Science are 2 different subjects, and you just assume it the same teacher. I mean crazy in the fact that he does some rather odd things for a teacher, and I clearly stated that.

I don't remember anyone ever telling to to shut up. I remember people asking me to talk louder though. Also, the mic issue should be fixed, it was turned down low for some reason. If I still use the mic in game its because I want to see if the mic works fine now.

11. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Oh noz, I'm done with my flame fight. No matter what I say you are going to blame someone else, teacher, mic, your crazy brain, playing online to much.
    Whatever.

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Thats not the reason. The mic was my fault, I must have turned down the volume in volume control panel and forgot to turn it up.

As for blaming other things, thats the truth. I've always trusted the information my teachers have told me in class, its their job to teach us after all, not fill us with BS.

Playing online too much? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Where the hell does that come from? I honestly don't know what your going on about, or where that information came from.

13. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

I have to admit, that is how I first met KillX.
    I was playing mvalley, and I was raping the other team with my dual-HE BE-heavy. KillX started nuking everything in sight, and when I said it was boring to whore nukes he insisted that I was using them, calling me an idiot noob.
    Next thing I knew, he was on the forums blindly suggesting things and calling people who dissagreed with his oppinion stupid.
    So yeah, not a good start :P

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

I remember him first when he threatened to get bob, dubee, me and cyber banned.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Yep, I was a idiot then. However when it came to getting people banned it was because they broke rules, and were telling me to f off because they were breaking rules. Most were telling me the same thing my first game in BSID, I forgot to read the rules, I was too excited to try the mod.

I haven't even been on Empire's in the past month or so. Too much homework, and xmas break my history teacher is loading up some assignments due on the first day back :(

I have learned from what people have said about me, the only problem that there are still some who seem to want to hold a grudge and don't seem to be willing to give me a chance now that I've realized how big a jerk I was.

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Why bumping an old thread is bad:

Let's start with the general term bump; this word means to "Bump" or to "Raise" and old thread. To keep "Bumping" something means to keep something on the top of the threads.

When a thread reaches a conclusion, or some sort of an end; all parties agree, on one certain thing; and no one posts there anymore as the debate is closed. When you post in such a topic, the thread will not be about the original topic, since all the parties have agreed on something LONG BEFORE you posted something in there. And to suggest something to something that has been agreed upon long before is a bad thing.

Why? Because those parties involved will be pissed at you trying to change the rules of the agreement when you were not part of the orignial discussion, so if you see a dead topic, just read it; to brush up on your forum history, and use it as a refrence only.

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

So in those cases its better to start a new thread? I though it was better to use existing threads, because after I revived an old thread the people flaming me were told to back off, because its better to use existing threads, so that just reinforced what I though was better. If I'm wrong, I'll just STFU.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

Can you really explain to me what this added to the topic? Did it really need to be said? Just ask yourself, will anybody care?

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Your addition to the thread was a little more then fictisous... There is a proverb in Russian saying "The train has already left" when applied to this situation means that when a thread matures and dies of natural causes, you do not ressurect it; and if you have a small contribution; just shrug it off... If you consider it deathly important start a new thread...

I do not consider that important, or does it contribute to the thread in any way; plus that is off topic, the original thread was about playing other mods that use walkers/mechs...

If anything with that "Information" about University students building a mech (Right....) you could have started a new thread in the blackhole, giving links to the sources to back up your claim, that way people would say "OoooOoo Cool". Instead by just stating random things with nothing to back them, you will just end up rubbing the people the wrong way; thats what ticks of everyone the most since you post utmost random things with zero proof; and sorry a crazy teacher is not an excuse, even in school you have to keep a skeptical mind, and question what the teacher said; otherwise it is not "Learning" but "Programming/Brainwashing".

Now everyone let the falmes seace and let this thread return to its proper grave...

(Excuse my poor spelling)

20. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Id have the proof if I could find it. I saw this 2 years ago about, I mremember it was linked to by XFIRE. Weather it was the APP ad, or the site, or the newsletter, I am clueless. I think it was called the Blood Mech because most of the parts were red.

Where does my crazy teacher come specifically into this topic? That reference above is because someone brought in something from another thread to flame me with.