Infiltration Round 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empty

Empty Member

Welcome to Infiltration.

You're all fairly familiar with infiltration I don't think there's any new players so the rules will be brief.

There's traitors among you, during the day you all have a vote to lynch one individual based off their behaviour and clues that I write in story posts, after the lynch vote we pass into night where several special classes will perform actions and save/ruin the day. GL HF.

Roles:

Infiltrators
    Infiltrators are the baddies, each night they kill one person, eventually they will whittle the base crew down, or be picked off themselves. If infils ever outnumber the townies they win (except in exceptional circumstances.)

Engineers
    Engineers can save one person per night from death. Pretty simple, if that person dies twice for whatever reason then the engineer can't save him.

Grenadiers
    If a grenadier gets targeted by anyone's special ability at night, the gren dies and so does his targeter, scout engineer rifle or infil, they'll all die. If someone protects the guy targeting the Gren then they won't die, however the Gren will still get killed.

Tank Pilots
    Tank pilots get an anonymous extra vote each day. It's tallied with the rest but is never attributed to anyone. He sends the vote to me during the day by PM. He can still make his normal vote each day (so he basically has double voting power)

Class Spread:

4 Infiltrators
    2 Engineers
    2 Grenadiers
    1 Tank Pilots

Very high class to base ratio this round.

Player List
    1. ImSpartacus
    2. wealthysoup
    3. Trickster
    4. complete_
    5. -=]Kane[=-
    6. Candles
    7. Z1000000M
    8. Grantrithor
    9. Hygrom
    10. Fricken_Hamster
    11. Destroyer
    12. Predator
    13. Devourawr
    14. Mcgyver
    15. Predominance
    16. Paradox
    17. Brutos

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Debriefing

3. Empty

Empty Member

Day One

It had been a long day, but the factory was at peak production, 5 tanks had rolled off the lines, only one had been defective and it was only a small error, easily fixed by a quick weld and a fresh section of tread. Everything was working like clockwork. Just the way Empty liked it.

A knock came at his offices door.
    He rose from his chair and opened the door.
    "Morning Empty, I've got the details here for you."
    Empty eyed the man, a lean one from High Command, probably never seen combat, bureaucratic scum.
    "So you're going to need how many of this new design?" Empty asked as the man strode into his office.
    "50 tanks by months end, 20 with reactive armor for taking on the latest Faction missile tech, 20 with absorbant to take on the anti-material rifles we've been seeing on the cyclopean front, and 10 with standard armor and the ceremonial decals for a military parade in the capital. I trust you have enough details from the schematics you've been sent?"
    "50 tanks is a big workload, I've only got 15 or so men here, they can only do so much. That's nearly 2 tanks a day." Empty replied.
    The conversation continued for a few more minutes.

"Are the charges set?"
    "Yeah. I don't want to blow them just yet, the high command fuckwad is still here. If he doesn't get back on schedule they'll be investigating."
    "I'm fuckin' tired of waiting man. We should blow it up now, kill Empty and get some higher up, make their other generals 'n' shit know they aren't safe."
    "No. We gotta do this slow and we gotta do this right, we wait til the higher up is gone."
    The pair sat and watched.

"So that's all then?" Empty asked impatiently.
    "Yes. Your inspection was up to spec, the place is fine, just make sure that you meet your quota. I'll head off now, you've been very... Hospitable." he shook Empty's hand and left the office.
    Empty sat back down in his chair and began to read over the documents he'd been left.
    A jeep engine revved nearby and faded off into the distance.
    "Thank God that fuckwit is gone. I can't stand authority."
    Empty chuckled at the irony of the statement.

The familiar sound of a diesel engine chugging into life came from the vehicle lot adjacent the office.
    "I didn't tell them to move any tanks, what the hell are they doing down there."
    Empty stepped out of the office and looked over to the lot, he saw a medium tank rolling slowly towards the office, someone was standing on the tanks turret.
    "What the hell are you doing?!" Empty shouted.
    The man looked up, he raised his right hand, in it a hand grenade.
    He yanked the pin and dropped it into the turret, and kicked the hatch shut. He dove off the tank and fled into the tank garage.
    The vehicle continued to roll forward, Empty hurried down the stairs out of the office, he pulled his pistol from it's holster and tried to line up a shot but the saboteur had already fled line of sight. The tank rolled into the wall of the office block. Then Empty saw it. About ten drums of fuel and countless rockets and cannon shells sat in a pile, directly in front of the tanks path.

A dull thump came from the tank and smoke rose from the hatch. Flames flickered out the side of the turret and the tank slammed into the pile of explosives, fuel leaked all over the ground and masonry collapsed over the front of the tank.
    "Son of a bitch."
    Deep inside the tank, a fuel line had burst and flaming diesel flowed through the interior of the tank. The ammo cache began to heat.
    The first shell in the tank exploded, followed by the other 19 in reserve in the next few milliseconds. The turret exploded into shrapnel and the fuel coating the floor around it ignited instantly, a drum exploded and set off the main pile of ammunition scattered on the ground.

The fireball instantly consumed the entire office building, including the vital communications array, and Empty along with it.

"Definitely sabotage. No other reason to have that many explosives next to the fucking office."
    "But who'd do it?"
    "Damn good question. All I know is we've got traitors on our hands and no way to call for help, we're on our own."
    Arguments broke out amongst the gathered soldiers, and the call for blood grew louder and louder. Someone had to die.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Paradox is acting very suspiciously, I think he may be an infiltrator.

5. Empty

Empty Member

ROLE PMS OUT, IF YOU DIDNT GET A PM YOU'RE BASE CREW.
    GAME BEGINS, START YOUR BANDWAGONSSSSS

6. Empty

Empty Member

fuck you spartacus

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I vote Paradox.

8. ImSpartacus

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Paradox is casting shadows if in candlelight, I vote candles! :D
    /not really, no.
    //But Candles are burning so did the fuel, right?

And Imspartacus is fitting for the guy standing on the tank in a heroic position, right? And spartacus not voting candles even though anouncing it beforehand.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  10. complete_

complete_ lamer

im pretty sure infils are going to win this. engies are totally gonna target the grens

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm a Grenadier.

Target me, I fucking dare you.

12. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I think its Z1000000M

Since the tanks probably made a Z1000000M sound.

13. ImSpartacus

Well that's odd, since I'm a Grenadier. That makes us both Spartacus Grenadiers!

But it's a tank, right? And what has tanks? C&C. What else does C&C have? Kane. QED, motherfuckers.

On a more serious note, I think it's a coin toss. Whichever side targets the grens will probably lose.

14. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Fuck you both, I'm the gren. And I wrote that without turtle colour which proves it.

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

It's 5 0's.

The fuck is a "me" sound?
    The post didnt make much sense to me utill I found it's "dove" not "drove".
    Anyway, what was a fully supplied tank doing in the factory anyway? Those things are probably not even fueled when leaving factories. A tank Turret would not explode in shrapnel. Maybe only if you want to poke fun a paper armored show off tanks, but those absolutely would not be armed.
    /offtopic

Also, I love how there is a post saying that engy hitting a gren is very much possible, and then three gren wannabies come out.

Anyway, because this is a factory, im going to make an 50cal/gren compo apc and camp out the night there.

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Oh I get it, since you're the grenadier you threw the grenade, right?

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Questioning our glorious Brenodian factory protocols? Infiltrator scum.

And ganging up on Paradox really isn't that good of an idea, atleast it seems like a waste to me. He would make it easier for us he were an infiltrator.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I'm just saying, making munitions in the same place as tanks is pretty much asking for one bomb to fuck your stuff up.
    Whats is empty's justification for grenadier anyway? They are out on target practise against own tanks?
    As for the voting, im leaving paradox for this turn, his fate will depend on how he decides to act. Still , knowing how he rolls , he is an engy and targets trickster, blowing two fairly important defences early on.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

You know, the way that the building was completely incinerated and everything inside was destroyed is kind of how in the first Starcraft game the Protoss led by Tassadar swoop in out of no where and burn up Mar Sara and later Tarsonis, and then near the end of the Protoss campaign it just so happens that Tassadar steals the Protoss supercarrier Gantrithor. Clearly a clue.

20. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

As an angry marines dreadnaught, I would have either ridden the tank into the office or just ran in shooting. Did the fuckwad live?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.