The Tanks in this game have inspired me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by madog, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I love BitTornado, high speed Torrent downloader.

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I didn't realise that diffrent programs really affected your speed? I know some might offer more features (Azureus), and some might be simpler (BitTorrent, or whatever that one is called....).

I know on Azureaus if it's a music collection, I can select which files I want to download, to speed up the whole process ;)

3. Slithzerikai

I get about 50-300kb/s on BitTornado.

4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Yeah, but doesn't it depend on what you're downloading, and bottlenecks like your connection to the peers, their speed, and the amount of seeders? It's like saying that since you use internet explorer vs FireFox, you get 200 kb/s faster speeds on downloading.

5. Darg

Darg Member

You might see a few kb/s more from one program over another if their downloading from identical sources. That's mainly due to their efficiency in handling the incoming packets and requesting new ones.

The big difference is whether or not you can download from multiple sources at once. I use DAP whenever I want to get a big file because it runs a search at the start for any other website that is hosting the same file and then connects to them too. Downloading from 4 different good servers is sure to max out whatever bandwitdh you have and then some which means speedy goodness :D

6. Slithzerikai

I can download one at a time at high speed.

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lol well I can do that too via Azureus. I used to usually have 2 going, and another small one like music. And seeding at a capped rate. When all my downloads finish, I just seed for like a month un-capped. I have a 4.0+ share ratio on LOTR:BFME2 :D

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

On the subject of download accelerators mentioned earlier, I'd like to recommend Flashget. Works for me just fine (I use it mostly as a manager, though. Darned 56k can't really speed up any :-P)

You can manually add sources w/ flashget, and it does something similar to DAP's thing, and it seems like a much lighter program compared to DAP (last time I used DAP was a long time ago, though).

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Azerus is the best... On a good torrent I can dowload at 712 kb/s... Im not kidding, but usualy it just caps of at 512 kb/s... My upload is crap though... The torrent progrem doesn't really matter, its just what suits you the most

What really matters is the type of connection you have and your provider...

10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I tried to use FlashGet. I didn't 'get' it. The only program I use as a manager for downloads is ways to avoid the hassles of sites like MegaUpload or Rapidshare, that when someone posts a series of links to a splitted .RAR file, you post all the links into it (The Program's name is Universal Share) and it starts one up, waits the time limit, and then downloads the file, then moves onto the next one :D

11. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

*GASP!* You don't know Panzer? Not suprised really, its from NCZ

As for Wings, I really prefered the Endless Waltz designs, and the reason I like it more than the others is because the colors aren't nearly as washed out looking...

As for the other suits, they are MMS-01 Serpents

Horray for Wikipedia

-Sheepe

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

AH Sheepe you are the gawd of mechas :D Or at least the gawd of finding them :D

I never knew the Barton Foundation made those, I thought the Mariemaia army just made them specifically for taking over the earth :)

13. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

geh, silly ninja mechs :(

14. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Can we Jerry-Rig the tanks in this game =D that'll be fun, mostly the NF should do that, put some spikes on the tanks >=D muwahahahhaha. dunno.. -.-

15. Jn.

Jn. Member

Yeah, how about neon lights, spinners, and Janet Jackson.....................:p

16. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

We'll be styling, dawg

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Just wanted to point out, not sure if this has been mentioned, but theres at least one battle ready (on army top secret) mech in existence (they just aren't allowed to arm it by law). There was a video about it I saw before, where its a massive walker mech, that some engineering university students made in their spare time. From what was shown, it has the full movement of a video game mech, slightly slower though. They made it out of junkyard parts because they couldn't afford to buy it all, so thats why it's lacking in speed. I saw this a few years ago on the internet, I'll try to dig it up. These are facts for the most part, however the memory of what i saw is not perfect because of how long ago I saw it.

Also, in terms of making mech games too realistic, Steel Battalion. You need a $250 airplane cockpit rip off to play it. And the eject button is harsh. You die, you have to start the entire game from scratch, if you don't eject in time.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

How many threads have you bumped today?

19. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

I was wondering what the hell this tread was.
    Can't we ban Kill for bumping any treads older than 3 days?
    He needs a leash or something.

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Making something like a full sized walker in spare time is rubbish, it would have to be a join project between so many departments in order to complete...

All sorts of computer engineers (from programming to hardware) then Engineers (from material, to electrical)... O.o;;

So I doubt it would be done in spare time... Even if at all (Really thats a waste of University funds...)

And please stop reviving threads left and right >.<