Steam summer sale spoils

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Varbles, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

What games did you guys pick up? How much did you spend/save? Any games you're still hoping to grab? Did you buy a game at 50% off only to have it go 75% off the next day? I want stories of epic savings!

So far I've only bought Worms:reloaded and FO:NV ultimate edition, and beerdude gave me Payday, so I haven't spent much yet. I'm hoping Killing floor goes to 75-90% off so i can buy a bunch of copies for gifts. I think a lot of people are hoping that ArmaII will be a flash deal before the sale ends, and if it does I'll probably grab OA.

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I've picked up Dead Island, the Deus Ex collection, the Gothic-ArcaniA collection, New Vegas, Sanctum, Ys Origin, Left 4 Dead 2 and Terraria. So far, I've only played five of the twelve or so games, but I'm loving them all.

And as with everyone else, waiting on ARMA II so I can play Day-Z. It's the only game I'm actually looking out for; everything else just seemed interesting at cut-throat prices so I got them.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'm waiting on Day Z, errr Arma 2 CO.

I don't have time to game, so I don't like to waste time on stuff I probably won't play.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Anyone else finding that the Indie Bundles seem to have only 1 good game and then 4 average games?

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Bought Worms: Ultimate Mayhem and From Dust with the 8.5€ I had left on my account. Got a refund (in form of Steam Wallet monies) for From Dust because fuck Uplay.

Trickster gifted me Coconut Queen and Secret of the Magic Crystals. :|ove:

6. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

I picked up Saints Row: The Third, Medieval Total War 2 Gold, X3: Albion Prelude, and then I got friends copies of Magicka and Bastion.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

KF was 75% off yesterday.

8. ImSpartacus

Humble Bundles have been much better. And if you pay the average, you get Steam keys. I've put less than ten dollars into them and I have 38 of them on my Steam account. About 2/3 of them are mediocre, but I have Frozen Synapse, Braid, Bastion and other decent indie games.

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I've got two games before i once again realised that i have no time to play any new games. Hell, i still have some unplayed games from the 2010 sale. But somehow my brain shuts down when i see a cheap game and all i can do is click on the buy button.

10. ImSpartacus

Yeah, I've only played like 3 of my 38 Humble Bundle games.

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Got 4 copies of payday, picked up Kotor for 2.50€ as a gift, got loads of other crap at 2.50-8 euros, getting Mount & Blade pack. Oh also got entire Sam & Max pack for like 10, going to give that one to my brother, he's a fan of the original. All in all I spent like 40 euros for like 30 games if you split up the packs, going to spend double of that at the very least

12. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Got Payday, The witcher 2, LA Noire complete, Batman Arkham Asylum, Tropico Trilogy and Dead Island so far.

Also bought Shogun total war 2 for yusunder since he got me the witcher a couple of weeks ago

Should save me from having to buy any more games for most of this year (havn't played any of them yet, just stockpiling them while they are on order)

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I've never been disappointed with the Humble Bundles, usually only 1 of the games are mediocre, the rest are simply brilliant, especially if you pay the five bucks for the featured games. Just with the one's on steam, you could get the bundle with Braid at the same price as Braid with the sale, yet you get like 4 crappy games with metascores of 60 along with it.

Hoarders: Steam Edition.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I basically bought my girlfriend enough games to last probably the rest of the year, including a lot of coop ones we can play together, so I'm very pleased with that.

As for me I kinda own all the stuff I want already, but I might pick up a couple of bits I like if they come up really cheap.

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I've bought like everything that was under 5€ and off -75%

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I am basically the same. I don't know why but I just can't help myself.

17. ImSpartacus

I'd imagine quite a few gamers are like that. I bet Valve is counting on it.

And when you think about it, if you spend ~$60 on a bunch of cheap games, but only play one thoroughly, then you basically spent $60 on a game. And yet, you feel more satisfied by getting the extra games even if you never play them. Brilliant.

18. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

They do it do fucking well. I just bought another 7-8 games, and I bet I'll only ever play 2-3 of them. Fucking bastards. I still can't justify why I don't just pirate these games and save myself a lot of money. But every time I see a game on sale it's just buybuybuy.

19. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Is dear Esther any good?

20. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

It is 2-3h max, but it tells an interesting and weird story. I'd say yes.