emp_fuel_prealpha

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Terminator, May 3, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Ref output isn't really anything to do with GUI Flasche. Honestly, if mappers just marked up the minimap, it would be that much easier.

And Varbles, whilst that's bad, did you consider what it'd be like at 60 players? You're talking 30 res/second from the North East/South East refs each, yet only 12 res/second from the Main base refs. In other words, in your scenario, if someone had all the refs except main, you're talking 12 res/sec vs 96/sec.

I might entity edit Slaughtered before the next patch and normalise the ref values. I kind of like the way Mvalley has it set up because it's all balanced based off the territory you're LIKELY to control if you have a specific ref. But Slaughtered doesn't play like that, so there's no strategic argument to it, it's just dumb.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

not directly, but thats the answer youd give if someone asked for automatic indicators.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

First, I want to say, it's your map, do it how you want to do it first.

I haven't played in quite some time, nor have i mapped for quite some time. But the game hasn't been really updated for quite some time either, so maybe some of this might still be pertinent.

[purely opinion]
    I, personally, don't like it too much when the objective is too clear, as with putting a ticket bleed on a command map. Possibly have a hold option where if you hold the middle flag for x amount of time, another flag is accessible in the base that one team can capture to start the bleed. Set this up so that both teams have time to get some amount of research done and let the game progress to some extent before putting that strain on things. This also changes the focus from hold the center to if you can't hold the center, try and blow up their com or take their base while they are sitting on center and prevent them from capturing the bleed flag. It would be cool if there was another way to more directly control bleed beyond simply is or is not. [/opinion]

As far as the water goes, do a quick compile and replace your water texture in it with a solid colored brush. it's easy enough to tweak at this point with a selection tool in any image editing program.

If you have any issues with performance and optimization, make sure to hit up silk or see if Keef or shandy are still around, they were pretty good with it.

Otherwise, gl.

On a side note, it wouldn't necessarily be horrible if the minimap was a worn ish looking map of the area before it turned into what appears to be a nuclear wasteland. If you can't make the color of the water work with the current textures, make a compile with green grass and blue pretty water and then use that as the screen shot. Again, have fun with it.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

@slaughtered: How about we switch the ref revenue, so that east produces less than mains? It would put less of a strain, yet camping the base would still lead to a slow but steady defeat. A smaller slope to climb back into the game after getting hit and losing a ref, sounds good to me.

@ontopic: I should honestly give this map a look in-game, but the screenshots look great. They remind me of mvalley (good sign?).

5. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

hope he doesnt quit

????

6. Terminator

Terminator Member

[​IMG]
    Das satisfactory?

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  7. Apex

Apex Member

Fully zoomed out-ish the numbers seem impossible to see. Looks pretty there, but ingame not sure.
    Mockup

8. Empty

Empty Member

Agreed, increase the font size on the numbers.
    Circle size is fine.

9. Trickster

There's no reason that people need to be able to see the numbers on their regular minimap, they'll see it every time they choose a spawn.

10. Apex

Apex Member

That's... an excellent point I forgot about.

11. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

Thats great tbh. The older maps have some sort of color coding that just tells you this ref is more worth than that, but not by how much. This is better.

12. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

we never did develop a consistent way of doing it

13. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Huh the only map with color coding I know would be midbridge, all the others use numbers or have no indication whatsoever.

ETA?

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  14. Trickster

I can't think of any others that using colour coding (although 1 or 2 do I think), but a lot put a simple 2x, 3x, 1x etc next to the refs, which is good enough.

15. Terminator

Terminator Member

Map is currently running through full compile with hdr. In the morning (US Eastern) i'll fix it up for release as version alpha1.
    Current version features such lovely changes as:

-starting ticket and res amounts reduced to 325
    -replaced ticket bleed with feed on main flag, earning a max of 150 additional tickets for 1 per 8 seconds (max reinforcement achieved after a total of 20 min of flag holding)
    -addition of bits of rock and other cover for infantry around the map
    -major increase in res (2 for spawn, 1.5 for main refs, 4 for pumping station and warehouse) also featuring 2 new refs for 1.5 each in the lowlands leading to the northeast.
    -if its transparent, you should now be able to shoot through it
    -increased vulerability as well as manuverability in the very center with the removal of railings and the addition of multiple ladders and a skybridge.
    -changed bunkers in NE pumping station to have firing slits similar to those found in emp_king.
    -added small pools of water in lowlands cause "its perty"
    -changed water to a lovely shade of blue
    -tweeked fog colors and distance, as well as skybox texture and lighting
    -numerous other small tweeks for gameplay and athstetics

16. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

Emp_silo had orange/yellow in some version at least, I wan't to say emp_arid did as well but I'm not sure.

The only one with numbers is that one that looks like emp_territory terrible with the building in the middle, isn't it? Can't remember the name.

OT: I've yet to play a proper game on emp_fuel. First game was staxed and I ended up on an NF full of nublets. :(

Second game Freak took us to insta-ninja NF CV. :(

A shame we didn't try this one out during the PUG yesterday, I bet it would have been pretty good.

17. Terminator

Terminator Member

New version now released, op has been updated to reflect this change. Downloads should now link to the new map. Enjoy and respond!

18. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

shit looks great bro! The sky looks sexy... everything is detailed... I just love it.

should have called it EMP_fap_to_this

19. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Fix me some high-res screenshots I can put on the website

20. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

Failed to load sound "buttons\button11.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

Did you forget to pak this in?

Also someone said that the icons on the minimap shake for some reason (not important)