emp_azuretowers

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by ScardyBob, Sep 23, 2010.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

you don't even have to be in the damn things... just be in middle and hit the button to make it go to their base... a few people freak out and rushes over to check it out. lol. Then there are the snipers that stay hidden on there side of the gondola port waiting for people to try to get in the gondola in middle and snipe at them.

2. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

I think the gondola is homophobic.
    Whenever two players touch each other, they fall off.

I'll make it bigger, less chance of people touching each other.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There is a way of sorting it I think, although I can't be sure. Ask Chris0132 what he did with the lifts (elevators) on Atomic.

4. ViroMan

didn't the elevators just go horribly slow so the players won't clip?

5. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

6. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

I'm going to parent a teleport brush below the gondola/elevator.
    So when a person falls through, they will teleport back into the gondola/elevator.

I'm going to replace the long staircases in the throne room with elevators (with roofs). So people won't get nade spammed as they're going up.

Turrets are no more, since it's hard enough to be on the offensive and succeed.

Throne room will be the bleeder, what should the rate be? I'm thinking 1 ticket every 5 seconds.

Adding multiple capture points for one flag like flasche said, to make it less suicidal to capture enemy flags. And to emphasis, "the more you have, the harder it is to hold."

Adding roofs to those loooooong lower pathways and some horizontal cover so it's actually possible to transverse across them.

Anything else?

7. Trickster

I actually like all those changes. As for the area portal issues with the smoky glass, have you found any solution to that?

8. ViroMan

Most of those are good fixes...

I would suggest not completely covering the walkways with roofs though. It needs to be apparent that people are coming from them and to be able to mortar them or something. Im cool with giving them a roof but, not one that gives them 100% coverage.

As for the throne room being the bleeder. I duno... once you have the flag across from the throne room it seems like it might be very easy to keep even with your changes. Every time I have played this map... once you have the flag across from the throne room you generally tend to keep it. Its also very easy to defend that flag too.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  9. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

I think I'll separate that flag and the throne room.
    And make the front entrance of the throne room accessible only by a gondola ride.

10. ViroMan

had to put that gondola to use ehh? lol

11. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you guys think this is acceptable cover for the loooong lower pathways?

12. Trickster

Acceptable but not exactly matching up with the surroundings. Wood? HL2 glassy/liquid protection? Really?

13. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Replace them with the white concrete blocks instead.

14. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I do not care about the suroundings. I like.

15. Empty

Empty Member

The hl2 models are horribly out of place, the bridge makes no sense having grates next to wooden posts wtf, there's no supports holding the bridge up, the covered areas look terrible and contrived, and the entire thing makes no sense.

Design a better bridge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think about the bridge, what is it? It's a skybridge between buildings, it's highly likely it'll be entirely enclosed for safety reasons, in terms of cover there's not much that makes sense, but since we're having a fight on them, rubble, ammo crates, supplies and fallen chunks of the bridge all make sense.

Christ man how can you be so fucking terrible at this.

I'm a god awful mapper but I could put out stuff 10x better than the shit you do, and I've spent probably 4 or 5 hours using hammer in my life. Think about the location you're creating, think about what it contains, what makes sense, overall what looks right. Your bridge doesn't look right at all, it looks ridiculous, such a construction exists nowhere in reality because it's simply implausible, it barely fits into hl2 where you took all your textures and models from, let alone the empires universe.

Also the lower bridge is structurally IMPOSSIBLE. THAT THING WOULD BEND INSTANTLY.

16. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

What if it was supported by a billion of invisibly thin strings that pull it up by having balloons attached to them on the other end?

17. Trickster

I care less about what looks structurally plausible, but the fact is, wooden bridges with hl2 props, that's kind of the wrong way to go about it.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

use the icacrate texture

19. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

Empty, if I said I could make better particles than you, you'd probably ask me what I could do. Here you are being an asshole and telling me that you're a better mapper when you have nothing to show me that. All I did was add some fucking cover. You could've just told me that the bridge needed some support and to add more realistic cover. I didn't need you to be a dick to me for a bridge I didn't even make. Seriously, fuck off.

Pic related
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  20. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

Ok I made the bridge a bit more realistic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]