Pug - Saturday 21th April 20:00 BST/3pm EDT/12am PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by PredatoR[HUN], Apr 18, 2012.

1. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Note that it's one hour earlier than the last pug.

We are playing on the Epic server.
    Server Password will be: pugpugpug

We are going to start off with eastborough 10-20 minutes early for warm up and vote for the next map after everyone is in the server.

If you lag on eastborough, put mat_parallax "0" in your autoexec.cfg or config.cfg found in your empires/cfg folder. While we are talking about lag, epic is a 66 tick server unlike viper, so put your cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate to 66.

The event will be scheduled by the bigger clans and Emp main server group for those who are not in a clan to make it easier to see and remember when the pug starts.
    Alternatively, you can use this site to figure it out yourself.

Since we had some commanding problems in the last pug, I will get some good commanders this time for both teams. Feel free to apply here if you want to command and are good at it.

Commander list:
    PredatoR 1-2 rounds
    Paradox 1-2 rounds
    Deadpool 1 round
    (Will update later when I talk to people.)

Also something new that might help out with the stacking issue: Squad leaders. If you can get a squad togheter by friday night(with 3-5 players), I will let you play togheter . But it's your responsibility to make your squadmates play and to inform them of this new arrangement. We will only do this if we get more than one squad. And I hope it goes without saying that this requires you guys to listen to me when I tell you to join X team because I will use you to make the teams balanced.

Apply here or talk to me over steam if you want to lead one. Also important: Don't just post random names here that you would like in your squad, talk to them and ask them if they want to be in your squad for the whole pug and only then should you tell me their names. Talk to me over steam if something is not clear, I will accept all friend requests.

See you all there.

I forgot to mention that we will be using Trickster's new scripts if they are ready and working for Saturday.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Would want to apply for commandork If I may?

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I thought you said good commanders. Why is Paradox on that list?

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

We are comparing people to Connexion here. Paradox has a mic and has commanded games like this before.

Also, updated the op.

5. Trickster

I'll have the scripts ready, but I won't put them on anything unless I can compile a changelog, and I have to compile 4 changelogs.

1 for the changes from RC2.
    1 for the SVN only changes from RC2 (changes that can't be applied serverside but get put into the SVN system for the next game patch).
    1 for the changes from default steampires.
    1 for the SVN only changes from default steampires.

It might seem silly to some of you but it's integral for me to keep an updated changelog if I'm to really keep on top of what I'm doing. A lot of it I have to keep going back to in SVN logs to work out what changes, and diffing against old RC releases, so this takes almost as long as changing the scripts themselves.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Bitch please, I'm awesome commandork :D

edit: "I will accept all friend requests." Trying to get more friends ey, I see through your trap!
    [​IMG]

7. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Lets doooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeet:D

8. Reznov

Reznov Member

emp_eastborough with vehicles... HMMMM, nope not gonna ruin it.

I would love to lead a squad but my "Who gives a fck about this guy's orders" status is way too high.

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I am generally in the top3 in viper server but, I not very good at leading a squad with squad commands. I generally don't issue squad commands. I will verbally tell my squad whats up though. If they follow me, cool we get points and kick ass. If not its their loss. At least I know how to use the squad points. Half the time I join a squad the lead doesn't seem to know how to use the damn points or is unwilling to use them saying they need it later and we never use it.

10. Reznov

Reznov Member

Why the fck do we not have a recent "Best squad leaders" topic in this forum if you need shit like that. ):

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

well we had like 3 or 4 other ones but they were all started by FN and were solely made to stroke his ego.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I will attend. Will Trickster attend? I know about the timezone and work buuut...

13. FN198

FN198 Member

nope! those were for commander. commander is a lame job, but someone's got to do it. the thread was to honor the people who deal with our 'playerbase' on the most accountable level there is.

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Can I ask something? Does 66 tick actually make a good difference on Empires servers? I mean, I can see it working in css, but does it really matter in a game like Empires?

15. Trickster

I get better hit reg on EPIC, but then again I'm closer, so I can't really tell. A few US guys said they felt better with it though. Also, it gives more room for tickdrop which Empires has a lot of. I've never seen it drop below 33 tick from 66 tick, even during really laggy parts of the game, so I think of it more like a buffer.

Also no, I can't attend this one, it was just a fluke that I could attend the last one (sort of).

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Bump

Bump.
    And I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Right. We are starting in less than 15 minutes. You guys can join anytime now.

If you want to join from console:
    connect 46.105.98.107:27100;pugpugpug

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

First round waddup
    [​IMG]

19. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Ok due to that going horribly tonight...stacking, speccing and some not very good players (turning into a pub game) ive created a steam group for organising these from now on. I've invited players off my friends list but dont have everyone, so either ask someone else in the group to invite you or pm me here (with your steam username) and ill sort it out.

Group is: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empvetpug

Would anyone object to spectate being disabled for pugs from now on?
    How does everyone feel about setting it to auto assign only?

20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Could have had a bunch of good games, instead people wanted to chat... like they can & do on Steam or in TeamSpeak or in a public server at any time. :pathetic:

I'm not against people talking in spec on most other occassions - if thats what you would prefer to do. But in a PUG it is fucking rude to people who specifically made time to play & to PredatoR who made time to set it up. :mad:

[​IMG]

I'm so upset I used emoticons. Fuck you guys, I'm going home.