EPIC - Elite Para Insertion Corps, Thread 2 (but round 3!)

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Omneh, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

We played a 21v21 against Consortium I think. Also, low score from me :( Spent both rounds running around repairing shit.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

haha 17/11 in both rounds

3. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

fail scrim with pubbers?

hope that assuages Trickster's ego bound for Dubai.

4. Trickster

Same time next week. It was fun, but there hasn't been much trolling leading up to it, so it's never going to have the same kick as beating FN or HSM.

5. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

BSID didn't have their A-team. EPIC got lucky. gg

PS: Trickster is fucking terrible. If you are going to claim you were too busy repairing shit, at least get some points.

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

of course we didn't, it was a PUG. I told Trickster as much, he has such an itch before Dubai he doesn't care. GG, next time try setting a SCRIM (which I think you can think far enough ahead for to provide more than 6 or 8 days notice).

7. Trickster

To be honest, there was never a great sense of urgency about the game. I mean, we never had to do any major rushes, or even defend from one to be fair. It was a pretty leisurely pace, all we had to do was outresearch and outresource, there was no real need to do any coordinated attacks to take areas, it was just sort of, "you guys push here, you guys push there, and we'll take it whenever we take it". It was kind of useful tbh, it was good to see our newer players and how they can fit in, we got a lot longer to watch them than if we had forced the win. I mean, the ninja at the end of the 2nd round, we didn't even know about it, Mkvenner just went ahead and did it. Mayama already had their comm flashing once with a ninja, Slade just chose not to hear him for about 2 minutes straight as he screamed for squad lead. We'd have won like 10 minutes into the game otherwise, but I'm glad we didn't.

8. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

can we please scrim on 66 tick next time, ringing this was horrific (as always).

what confused me from the stuff I'm used to:
    33 Tick
    (high pings)
    normal steampires scripts

-> Our Comms went bio!
    wtf

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

bio is awesomeeeeeeee

10. Trickster

We used RC scripts, and I was impressed at the variation in research. I mean, we had the better choices, countering your biomg with regen, and your rails with abs, but it worked out good, I liked the way things worked out. And I don't really hold this as an EPIC win or a BSID defeat. It wasn't a pug, but it wasn't really a scrim, it was just a good couple of fun rounds, and I hope we can do something similar next week, which RKB said he's up for.

You got the players for the match, and that was more than good enough to put up a good fight. I don't really care about the result, I just wanted to enjoy the game, and whilst I spent most of the time chasing down jeeps, apcs and repairing sabbed stuff, I enjoyed getting back into the old rhythm of things.

Needing that much notice is a bit poor though, a week is more than enough. You cried about the notice all week, but you managed to pull 19 players with a few ringers, which is fine imo. No-one cares about the result, there's no clan league, there's no drama like there used to be with HSM or FN, so there's nothing at stake. Win or Lose, we can still have a good round and not be pissed off afterwards. That's certainly the message I got from quite a few of your guys afterwards, they were asking when we could do it again. It's beneficial for both clans to be playing matches.

11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

no Trickster, we never accepted your challenge, and on FRIDAY you messaged me for the first time (~25 hours). I didnt even respond to you until then. For reference, consortium required 14 days notice for a scrim when they were active, and we aren't high school kids anymore in BSID, we have jobs and shit and as you clearly mentioned in all your rhetoric advice for the meg scrim no one fucking organizes that quickly. And your positive whining about how you really REALLY want a match etc. was annoying.

Whatever, was fun, but it wasn't a scrim, it was practice if anything. You got what you got, we were happy to give it to you, but if you want a match, act like it. This was practice on EPICs rules, EPICs favorite map, EPIC time, date, scripts. You want a real match? We play vanilla. You have a problem with vanilla? Patch the game DEV :D.

12. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

[​IMG]

13. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Scrim was fun. BSID should stop whining about everything.

14. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Too many ringers on both sides. EPIC sucks; they are shit without aridian and reznov. If ringers are allow, I can get a bookcase group with 90% ringers and rape you. enuff said.

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Uhm to be honest what BSID A-Team? Who do you mean, their arent many other players in the clan. Actually many EPIC A-Team members didnt play today like disposable, mr burns, pdezzi, youzy etc.

Im seriously curious which guys that didnt play today do you mean?

Afaik the only one on the EPIC team that wasnt in epic was me.

Which bookcase group? Im seriously not a EPIC fanboy, ask trickster if you want but right at the moment I cant imagine any combination of players that would beat the team that EPIC can field.

16. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Really? Last I checked EPIC had only 1 ringer which was Mayama. Mayama is and always will be in Trickster's heart from those moments that Mayama first spoke on his mic. And plus he's really really really old to EPIC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best rifleman in the game are only good if they have a fucking engineer giving them ammo + heals + revives. Plus aridian has only shown that he can rape face in pub games. Herbie is the better rifleman.

[​IMG]

17. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Agree. It was a fun PUG. I'm not expecting anything from either clan (mainly BSID) as there are plenty of new members & quite some time since the clans have scrimmed. It LOOKED interesting nonetheless; I couldn't fraps cuz VIPER server is very ****** about their slots :p

Bookcase is Empires slang for Consortium. I don't want to play theorycraft on what possible team can beat EPIC.

To be fair, herbie had a more cooperative squad with ammo, heals, and revives

Also, you were a ringer, lawliet. You said that you weren't going back to EPIC when you last joined MEG :D

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Next time please on a server where the majority has a decent ping. Look at the scoreboards 3/4 have a ping over 100 or more

19. Confucious

Confucious Member

to my surprise, there was a consortium 2.0? just a :eek: moment.

I did not play, nor did i join the trash talk leading up to this "epic bsid" scrim.

I do know where BSID failed. Perhaps they fix it next scrim.

20. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Whattttt is that why I was so horrible and couldn't kill shit? Because my rates were set up for the epic 66 tick server?