Super Bowl XLVI Champions: NJ Giants

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WalMartGreeter, Feb 6, 2012.

1. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Amazing game. The Pats failed at so many opportunities... it is sad.

Recap:

First Half: The first scoring of the game was a safety on Tom Brady on the Pat's first play? It was GG from there. SO BAD! Giants had already had 19 plays on the first quarter by the time the Pats could get the 2nd play of the game.​

Half-Time show: Hilarious. Madonna still wants to show off her vag. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A on the sides? NBC does a late censor on the middle finger. Cee Lo made my day.​

Second Half: Pats are still SO BAD. How many easy catches were left uncaught? They all had buttery fingers! Manningham wins the game with that amazing catch for almost 40 yards. And the MOST BIZAREE touchdown by the Giants... Bradshaw really didn't want to score and tries so half not to rofl.​

Conclusion: Pats suck.

PS: Best commercial was the red M&M going guido on us.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. complete_

complete_ lamer

Half time show was amazing. Richard Simmons on the wire
    [​IMG]
    Oh and the best commercial was the trailer for Michael Bay's BATTLESHIP, featuring the greatest line ever uttered: "FIRE EVERYTHING"

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

[​IMG]

this chick is fucking punk rock at its finest

Conclusion: Tom Brady doesnt have the all pro secondary, top tier RB's and 3 great WR's that Eli has.. I cant believe all the dropped passes in the final minutes. He should of just thrown the ball to him self.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

wow punk changed a lot if thats punk.

5. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

I like my punk how I like my bread, with a loads of crust

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I tried to watch the first 15 minutes (quarter) which actually took like nearly 40 minutes. I mean they had to keep cutting back to the studio (BBC doesn't air adverts). And then some guy lost points for his team because he threw a ball out of danger? I didn't get it, so I just went to bed instead.

7. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

I didn't even bother. To be honest the BBC shouldn't of even bothered, the game is made for US TV anyway.

8. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Never understood the hype around Super Bowl. All I know is that it's a big handegg game between some random teams and an advertising whorefest so annoying 'mercians can talk about something not anti-Obama for the next months.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

the whole point of the superbowl are the adverts and the half-time show, what is this mockery of BBC daring to ruin the time of the year when watching advertisements is the most important part of life. Thank god they didn't ruin the half-time show this year again with black eyed peas or prince.

10. Trickster

Well, it's sort of a running joke. The idea was that it's the UK's chance to get back at the US for being so terrible at commentating real football, because we are terrible at commentating or even commenting on american football, we just don't get it.

11. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

The ending was amazing, the touchdown was awesome and incredibly embarrassing for the patriots and their desperation was so thick you could nearly touch it.

Still, not going to watch football more then once a year.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

It was a safety. He intentionally grounded the ball in his own end-zone. Its a nfl rule or something. I guess it makes sense since if he was tackled it would also result in a safety.

also, lol at bbc having to cut into the studio for analysis at every advert for 3 minutes. You could do so much more. Show the field/fan costumes, peoples predictions, interviews. Maybe famous locations around the city which the superbowl is in.

13. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

You said something similar to this last year I don't get why you go ahead and attempt to watch it another time.

14. Trickster

Because one day, I might understand it, and maybe then I'll get it, and I'll stop resenting the US for desecrating the word "football" with their silly support.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I know how soccer works and still think its boring to watch.. Id much rather play another nil nil game

16. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

I think most Americans would agree with you on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STb6ZSo5CPw was a pretty awesome doritos commercial during the super bowl.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  17. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

As will most of the europeans since, most of the people don't watch it.

18. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Sports are boring as shit. It's football, not soccer. Handegg. Super Bowl is retarded because it's all about marketing. what the fuck is this stupid shit. American arrogance is the most annoying shit ever and I wish it will end you bad once. God is a lie, keep your pillars of hope on reality, god damn ignorant twats.

Just had to get that out there.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I actually played Soccer for 6 years and I use to get hella winded cause i was a center forward and when they would take me out I would just go nuts on the side lines wanting to play. Its too edge of the seat for me to just watch.

I have a few reasons as to why i like football.. People get fucked up pretty often from big hits(so much so that older players are practically brain dead now) and then the ridiculous shit like this: http://youtu.be/_DllQQUhXxE

He does a fucking front flip over a defender into the endzone and lands on his feet!! It really gets the testosterone going and then the other reason is its on Sundays pretty much all day. Sundays are usually not something to look forward to.

20. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Funny enough watching 1 game a year is not really the best to learn it so I guess you arn't really trying or just don't know of any better way.

I think having someone around who knows the sport is probably the best thing then maybe wiki??? I don't know.