soo...bf 2142

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

I have no problems with any of the weapons (Not even rollermines!). But I must say the only thing that bothers me is so far I haven't jumped into the cockpit of a gunship, or anything aerial for that matter...Nor have I commed, or squadled.

Well okay I take it back, I hate the EU pistol. It's ugly, and I can't see my target with the ironsights. Atleast that cute little PAC pistol has that neat green reflex sight that's much more practical for me.

Just some of my stats, nothing spectacular

Sergent Major Gold
    Accuracy: 22.10%
    K/D Ratio: 1.54
    Total kills: 1580
    Streak: 22
    Favorite Weapon: Baur H-AR
    Combat Effiency: 74
    D. Combat Efficeny: 15
    Infiltrator Pin: 3
    Firearm Efficiency: 11
    Collectors Pin: 2

And 58 unique dogtags..Where's my dogtagger dagger?! :/

2. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

the dog tag knife got me killed once. I didnt notice it before when I was about to knife someone so I sat and stared at it while some support pumped me with a shotgun. I love eye candy.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm not really that good, to be honest. after about 30 mins I'm screaming at the screen, thumping my mouse and kicking the walls. all i need is a death streak of 5 and i snap.

4. meganegamev

meganegamev Member

the key to all the BF's is to keep moving. Even the snipers. people will find you. The maps are so precisely made, and visuals are good, that you just have to keep moving. There are guys that make a good game living just running around in back areas knifing snipers and supports.

I will say this, bf2142 is close to empires in feel. They could make an RTS mod for it easy. I've been commander a few times, and the top down view mode reminds me of empires alot. You only have 5 real functions in bf (supplies, emp, sat track, uav, and orbital bombard/move titan), but they could have made stuff like empires easy.

I like them both really :)

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Not sure about making them easy. Empires on the BF1942 engine was stretching it :P

6. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

Why don't you leave the engine on Source, and upgraded it.
    I don't want to wait one year to get a buggey version of Empires on a game I don't have, nor want.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

8. ^Dee^

9. meganegamev

meganegamev Member

Well I wasn't advocating switching to the bf2142 engine. I was just more relating the experience of 2142 vs empires.

The only thing I really dislike about empires on the Source Engine is explosions. They just don't have a sorta realistic feel to them. other than that I'm ok with Source.

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

2142 is based on the same engine BF2 is on. When BF2 was new, the BF2 engine was cool. It does distances well. That's it really. Eye candy wise, it can't hold its own against anything else. That engine has NO future, it'll die after 2142. The Source engine has been going strong for 2 years, and still ranks as one of the best looking and up to date engines. From the looks of HL2 EP2, the Source engine is about to get even MORE eye candy.

ANYWAYS. Without me reading this whole thread, is BF2142 worth my investing in...for around 30 USD? I've played the demo and liked it, and I like BF2 (but I'm appalled by the shortage of servers!!!)

Or is EA going to dump this one in a year for BF 21 x 10^42 ?

11. ^Dee^

I'd say it's worth the money. They seem more committed to fixing and adding to bf2142 than they did with BF2.

But yes, They're likely to switch to BF3 in a year or two.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

where will it be set??? in space?

Half life 2's explosions are good in singleplayer, but don't quite have the immence feel when playing in multiplayer. and empires suffers a bit because they all use the same explosion :(

13. ^Dee^

I believe it's supposed to go back to WW2

14. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

BattleField 1944?
    1939?
    1945?

15. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I just wanted to say, after all those "OMFGspywayre" spammers eariler, I have never seen an in-game ad. Nor have I detected any external spyware. I also think that they really only collect that little information that IGA said, the time and IP and whatnot.

The game is fun. You don't want to buy it, fine. But deal with it.

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

It looks like they didn't activate this whole thing yet... due to those spammers...

If EA has the guts, they will turn on then turn of the ads, slowly decreasing the period of no ads...

But I hope that they will never do that, otherwise I would loose all hope in humanity...

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Really? Half-Life 2's nades are actually some of the best I've seen. Take a look at this clip. Frag grenades aren't all fire and Hollywood explosion noises, you know.

18. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

That's actually something I liked about Tribes 2. The explosions weren't all fire and prettiness, they were... explosions! At least, as far as I remember. And they were kinda color-coded according to what kind of weapon was shooting. But hey! It was cool!

19. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Sup com explosions ^_^ what fun. <3 nukes

and spring explosions, how amazing is it to wacth the actual debris from a horde of tanks and bots flyinging when you take out thier com.