The CLIFFS of NAZAROTH an inspired Tale

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by GI-Jane, Dec 5, 2006.

1. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

Having played on the ONE server on Monday night I was inspired by quite literally the best game of empires to date, my ramblings are here and I hope you learn one lesson in war. WAR is futile , it will destroy you. enjoy..

On a dark December evening the two villages of NF an BE were enjoying a peaceful respite from the recent attrocities, all was calm as the sun rose iluminating a weary and long forgotten war torn battlefield.
    Two children were playing in the meadow in the no-mans land that seperated these war torn villages , splashing in the pools of a recent rain storm and innocently oblivious to the tensions in a ceturies old dispute Jane, who is the daughter of BE's captain of the home guard trips accidently on a hidden rock, aghast Sabrewolf , the son of NF's General Pumpinator runs over and helps Jane who has sustained a broken ankle and offers to carry her home to her fathers house, Herr Mon Capitan Caggers but on arriving they find the house empty.
    After bandaging the ankle Sabre is about to return to his home village when the front door opens with an aged creek, and in walks Captain Caggers accompanied by the legendary Field marshall Shinzon a battlescarred verteran of 3 campaigns including the late Battle of the "Lost Money".
    What ensues is a misconstrued argument over the son of thine enemy associating with the Captains daughter and ends with Sabrewolf running home to Private Pumpinator having escaped a severe beating only by using a long lost forgotten art of scout hiding.
    Bursting through the front door, clothes torn in tears and blubbering about having been chased from the enemy village the two NF soldiers the two aged veterans don there battle armour and sprint to the barraks sounding the call to arms........
    In the early morning light as the last drops of dew fall from the pettles and the sun breaks free of the long distant hills; spreading its glow over the early morning mist there is an eerie rumbling sound in the distance.
    "Keep formation shouts Lieutenant Angry Whale over his comms system to Staff sergeant Theslan in his war machine, a new developement for NF and never before tried , the heavy 'battle tank' armed with spores designed to attack malicously all it comes in contact with, roles thunderously over the plains of Nazaroth.
    Raising his binoculars Private Scarface Pumpinator scans the horizon, in the distance a flash of light; then another brighter flash from the valley of the dead some 2 miles distant, "Damn they have Arties" he shouts as the shells explode all round the NF vehicles......
    Colonel Cyber has grouped his Medium tanks in a dip in the valley laying in wait for the enemy, talking quietly to fellow soldier Tommy Tyberian a new recruit to the legions of BE he tries to calm the trepidation and obvious apprehension tyb's shows, stammering he asks, "can we really beat the NF scum, we havent had war for many years", Colonel Cyber tries to reasure the youngster but inwardly he is shaking at the prospect of forethcomming battle, too easy it is to remember the shell that ripped his tank open and laid waste to his left leg, but as if encouraged by the horific thoughts of that previous battle of "STormed" he remembers only too well how even though injured on the battlefield BOB the Builder managed to find him an together they rushed the NF forward command and with there last remaining mines managed to bring about a bittersweet victory.
    Meanwhile Field Marshall Shinzon co-ordinates his arties to draw the enemy into the trap, firing at long range they seek to disrupt the rolling convoy of heavy tanks spotted lumbering towards their home villlage as possible doom and an inevitetable end of the BE way of life.
    Of all the soldiers in the NF battalians only the young and fearless Theslan seemed to be impervious to the rumblings and explosions merrily humming to himself as his tank rolled over the moors of Nazaroth , Only the screams and shouts coming from his comm system stopped him quickly enough for him to gain some sort of a reality check. "Theyre Flanking us, Turn left , Fast , Turn Left" , Whale and Sabre were shouting almost willing there vehicles to turn faster, what ensued was a bloody and pointless massacre as 2 heroic societies attempted to destroy each other with all the known weapons at there disposal, shells, grenades, biological weapons and even Nukes were bandied about like so much candy floss at the fairground, although the consequences couldnt have been futher removed.........
    Having been almost destroyed in the first wave of attacks from BE medium tanks Young Theslan threw all his courage and determination into a final rush against an enemy Arty only to be virtually vaporised by a Heavy tank coming round a corner and firing one nuke into his already smoldering wreck, Sabrewolf and Pumpinator faired a little better having seen the enemy at the last moment attempt there flanking charge, they turned and faced off the oncomming mediums and working as a team they annialated first Tyberian then in a last desperate flash of despair Cybers tank succumbed to their ravages bursting into flames with an incandescant glory....
    Having seen his army decimated whilst fending off the attentions of arties and medium tanks Lieutenant Whale manages to limp back to his base, his tank a virual monstrosity having been hit by all manner of shells and explosives, only his manouverability had allowed his fortunate escape.
    Rolling out of The forgotten underground bunker Lieutenant Whale was almost unrecognisable, laughing and whistling he thought only of victory and inwardly he could see the BE faces agahst with fear as he faced them with there own weapons......
    Licking there wounds a small group of soldiers huddled on the plains and stood awed at the carnage and destruction that weapons such as these could muster the blood of the enemy and friends alike ran deep accross the hills masking the crumpled remains of tanks and more gruesomely shattered bodies.
    Holding onto his last Dying breath Corporal Noobs whispered to the two battle weary soldiers attending his shredded body "finish them , its been a glorious battle" , Field Marshall Shinzon turned to his long time friend Captain Caggersand realising Noob had uttered his final words said "This must end here, one way or another we must end this attrocious fued between our Villages" .
    Captain Caggers released his grip on Noobs dead body and walked a few paces up the hill, stopped and was about to utter an agreement to his friends sentiments when suddenly his body disapeared in a blaze of smoke and debris.......
    The force of the explosion blew Shinzon off his feet, landing awkwardly against his tank he just had time to turn and see the shells rain down on him from Whales Arty,,, his last dying words were "How, How".......
    During the peace and quiet in between the wars the scientists of NF had managed to capture a BE Arty and had managed to backwards engineer a version for themselves, having no reason to develope it further they only had one test tank in the bunker but this was enough for Lieutenant Angry Whale, he was besotted with thoughts of ridding these lands of a verminous BE presence, hence his singing of the NF war chant as he wiped the remainder of BE troops off the face of the planet "ta rumpa dumpa dooo " . Booooooooom almost in sync with his singing the thunderous beating of his arty rang out...........

But unknown to the psychotic ramblings of Whale a man posessed , Jane had managed to avoid the main battle on the plains and had circled round to get behind the enemy and onto a hill overlooking there village. Thump, Thump went her arty, "thats for my comrades " Thump, "thats for my Father", ,,, tears running down hear face she managed to decimate the once happy village of NF , reducing it to a desperate ruins where no life could ever again persist..... Having lost her family , friends and with fond memories of froliking in the woods with Sabrewolf her last act of defience was to throw herself off the CLIFFS of NAZAROTH........

Although many played that fateful night I only got a screenshot from the endgame, Awsome game dudes
    [​IMG]

2. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

I just joined that sever.
    My low points was because I JUST JOINED.
    Also your high points was because you where there forever and Shinzon was commanding.
    Good thing this is fiction since there is a girl on the BE team.
    Figures you would last the live the longest.
    Also first thought was "The hell?"

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I don't rember which map was that; but all in all I say good shot... It's a bit rough around the edges but as all things you just may need more practice...

(Think it was Crossroads... Or Canyon... ARgh... >.<)

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i cant seem to read that much text about somthing i dont care about

5. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

I felt the same thing.
    I just searched for my name, in witch I died a horrible death.
    Then I looked at the end, expecting, then proving Jane lived trough it all.
    Bad story, doesn't even use correct format.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

One paragraph = no no.

7. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

It has more than one paragraph.
    Maybe nine.
    It just needs, oh about 30 more.

Oh Jane, this helps your idea that you ARE (your not) a girl..
    This reminds me of a poorly written daytime show.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

SGT. MIKE award, tbh.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's just hilarious. :D

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

sounds like a jean claude van damn movie plot

11. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

But u care enuff to post ???????? LOLOLOL

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2006
  12. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Agreed, kind of. If you have no constructive critisism do not post. Flaming is not to be tollerated and if you flame or just bash a story then I will be forced to edit your post and insert emberassing things, then quote you so it looks like you said them.

Jane, the organization needed some work, at times I was confused about what was going on and who was who. However, the basic idea was good and I did recieve your message that war was bad. If your not that great with english then this is certainly a great effort.

Hope to see more later, sorry for the flames.

13. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

What did you say?

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i like jane, i just like to mess with her.. the only flames from me are to spark my blunt

15. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

yea personally i think its like all the people on here jus seem to criticise everyone, an NO its not constructive, you all criticise the developers, an the programmers an the forums an the admins an , well thats enuff said , jus enjoy the game an dont forget this is a MULTInational site an although someone mite be typin english it mite not be there first language so there typing mite not be upto your standards oh an before u say it I dont vare about paragraphs enuff to be bovered an as for spellin tuff this is t'internet an as for Grape rofl Ill get u back one day if i ever get on bsid ,,, bla bla bla.

the last person who tried messin wiv me ended up smoke there fags thru a tube in dere ass....................................

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006
  16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Woa... Talk about...

Man what happned, theese forums used to be violence free a while back...

17. arklansman

arklansman Member

1. Spelling and punctuation are good.
    2. Double posting is bad.
    3. Alcohol + internet is bad.

18. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

I still can't understand what Jane is saying.
    Don't worry, even if you never learn English Jane, there is a very few who can understand your current writing but alas I am not one of them.

I like to wear women's underwear and pretend to be french.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2006
  19. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I told you

20. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

I guess I had that one coming.
    I just find it confusing when she demands things and you can't understand what she is writing.