Empires: The Story

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by DonMegel, May 10, 2006.

1. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Empires II anyone?

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

woooo! that would be awesome :D

good story. did you come up with that space idea yourself?

3. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Some physisists helped a little :-p

4. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Oh shizzle, futurama in progress!

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Screw the scout hatchet, this is an omen!

6. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Ok, The Story now has a cover, look on the first page. Thank you Dee!

Please note, Dee is responcible for the pic, not the awful words.

7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Bah, those fonts really blow.

I think I still have the Empires one if you want it.

8. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

sure, but I changed it. I like it better now.

9. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

-- 12 --

Smoke rose gingerly into the pale red sky amidst towers of rock and steel, subtle winds tearing its orderly columns into large disorganized plumes. Far beyond, to the east, the horizon broke into scores of massive, jagged cliffs and mountains, each themselves bathed in varying shades of smoke black, thick enough to blur the geography's sharp lines until one could not differentiate between ground and sky. The ominous myriad of smoke and rock circled the valleys of razor stone with the uneasy stillness of a hurricane’s eye and looked just as foreboding. High above the anorexic clouds a brilliant sun burned bright enough to pierce the heavy haze of mid day, filtering through the red sky before bouncing violently off thousands of reflective angles below. The reddish glow given to every reflective surface combined with the acid smell of burnt plastic, rubber and steel to present an overall image and feel that hell itself had regurgitate this place. But, such was Northern Badlands.

Logan glared across the broken plains. "I hate this place" At 52, Logan Boggs had lived a long and distinguished military life, rising through the ranks of the Imperial military before being accepted into the prestigious Brenodi Sixth Infantry Division. Displaying unfailing courage, ingenuity, unrivaled loyalty and, perhaps most importantly, ruthlessness, he was eventually given the rank of Colonel and command of the Senate's personal strike force; the Sixth. Over the course of his service he had committed and overseen countless infractions of laws, both Imperial and moral, at the bidding of the Senate and in the name of the greater good, but his latest assignment had begun to rub the colonel the wrong way.

"Sir?"

Logan spat on the cursed ground at his feet before turning to walk back into the converted armory. Camp 41, as the massive collection of buildings and construction equipment had been labeled, was now home to the entire Sixth Infantry division along with two supporting divisions, although only the Sixth was permitted within the classified central 12 acres. Before the stainless steel overhang of the armory blotted out the hellish sky above, Logan's eyes darted up to catch a glance at the immense structure that had arisen in the center of that classified zone, the reason for his temporary exile. Miserable fu*ker

The scene within the tiny building was drastically different from the one outside but not much better. In accordance with the buildings new purpose all of the weaponry and supplies had been removed in favor of a few tables, lights and a single chair. The central lighting and climate control had been discarded ensuring a reign of darkness held at bay only by a bright light situated forward of the lone chair. Normally clean and semi sterile, the walls and floors of the armory stood thick with dirt, grime and filth tied together with a healthy smattering of blood and tissue. The relentless heat from the sun above grew three fold within the metal box, baking its occupants and stirring together dozens of odors into an unholy nauseating gas.

Logan took a deep breath, savoring the sweet aroma that had followed him through so much of his career before addressing the small chair's lone figure. "Feeling better?"

What was left of the man sat slumped over, his arms tied with wires that had long since cut into his flesh, bathing his hands and the floor in blood. Lacerations and gaping wounds fought for real-estate on his otherwise bruised and beaten body, only shards of a Northern Faction tunic and trousers evident in the sea of carnage and gore. Long strings of bloody spittle dangled from his open mouth and broken nose, tattered locks of what used to be blonde hair lay matted in clumps obstructing open head wounds, his one remaining eye lay hidden beneath swelling and the remains of the other. Still, his lips slowly back and forth in a forced attempt to communicate.

Unable to hear the response, Logan motioned an attendant to draw closer. His ear near the soldiers head, the attendant listened for a moment before moving away, his face proclaiming disappointment.

"He said" the attendant offered once standing erect, "something rather unpleasant about your mother sir."

Behind the Imperial soldiers, the beaten little rebel bobbed up and down with bouts of strained, hoarse laughter, more blood and spittle flowing out into the puddle below him.

Logan's eyes slanted into an irritated squint as his jaw slid to the side for the same reason. Nearly a week of interrogation and all that was gained was false information and insults. Breaking this particular man would take more time than was allotted.

With a motion worn smooth by decades of use, Logan un holstered his side arm and allowed a pair of rounds to enter the prisoner’s head, a shower of brain matter blanketing the second interrogator as a result. "Toss him on the fence." he ordered, re holstering his smoking weapon and making his way outside, "Have Echo Division shift their search to the east. I want prisoners."

The now jobless interrogator’s nodded in submission as their superior exited their lair. The Sixth Infantry Division had been the elite of the Imperial army for generations. Since earning fame by standing firm in protection of the Senate against 12 opposing Jekotian divisions during a war past and, once more, keeping the invaders at bay for nearly a week till reinforcements could be raised, the Division had been in the service of the Senate, holding vital passes, destroying key targets, defending cities or landing on beaches, the Sixth's mere presence was enough to turn the tide of a battle. Yet, much to her Colonel’s dismay, the best the Empire had to offer was sitting in the Northern wastelands baby sitting construction crews and chasing shadows. Logan understood the importance of the project and its need for secrecy, but surly a lesser division such as Recon or the 86th could do the job. It seemed like such a waste especially in light of mounting losses in the south.

Sand and dust burst from the ground in hectic swirls after being evicted by the approaching transport craft. Ignoring the loud but otherwise pleasant, electric hum emanating from the aircrafts many ion engines, Logan began yelling into his com unit as he made his way to the opening hatch. "Status?!"

The response was quick. "Patrols in Gamma sector report taking fire from unknown number of assailants. Relief squads enrout-"

"Negative!" Logan barked jumping inside and motioning the pilot to lift off, "Pull them back and put priority one on that location for air strike."

"But colonel," the disembodied voice interjected, "Our men are-"

"Going to have to find some cover." Logan spat, "Blanket the area, let God sort them out." The squad was from Echo Division in any case, not really his concern. In the recent weeks rumors of a Northern Faction Guerilla force moving in Camp 41's direction had proved true, with the complete annihilation of an entire Sixth patrol followed by dozens of hit and run attacks, each inching closer to the bases secure center. Countless more subtle methods of stopping the unknown foe's advance had provided only a single prisoner, now dead, and little else...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  10. Thor

Thor Member

Excellent job Megel. I can't wait for more. =)

11. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Sweet. Pure Sweetey-sweeteyness.

lol, "Chapter 23: Logan yells at MrBojangl3s." :D

12. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Thanks guys, if no one read it, I wouldnt write it :)

I had to sticky this, was tired of seeing it below the Empires holy bible

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

O you think just because you make the game you get to decide the story! :mad: :mad:

O wait...

14. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Everything I write in this thread is cannon, Empires history, the official story. Read it. Know it. Live it.

15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Excellent as ever.

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Great story so far, i can't wait for the next part.

17. Thor

Thor Member

I am Logan Boggs and I approve this story. =P

Thor

18. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

hehe you bastard XD!

<3 your story d00d <<

19. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

I'm sorry for such a long quote but have you ever played against the BSID not using your moderator name?

If you say yes... amazing.

20. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Eh? (no, I always play with my name)