online dating

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

What do you guys think of it? I dated a girl I met thru myspace once and it was ok, but she was heavier and uglier in real life lol

But now I met a girl who is a big fan of my music. She is one of the coolest people I have ever met but she lives in LA.. Its pretty far away but not so far that if it leads to love I wouldn't try to persue, but its a good 8 hour drive or 45 min flight..

Have any of you met girls online? Is it wierd or is it just taking advantage of the tech we have now?

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Its weird, its like why I don't buy stuff off eBay.

3. Empty

Empty Member

The russian wife I ordered was great, she makes me sandwiches all the time.

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

There are no girls on the interwebs silly.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I know a certain emp person who had some success I think, but I won't give out his name. If he happens to sign on to the emp forums and see the thread then he's willing to post but he told me in confidence.

But it worked for him I think, he's been with this girl for a couple of months now from what he said.

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Krenzo?

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what does it matter where you meet a girl?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  8. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Depends what you want. Closeness or just someone to talk to. I'm going to be honest and say I'm kind of in an online relationship at the moment. We met here, ended up talking and kept in touch online. Then things developed, and yeah.

It's rather frustrating at times, so you'll probably have to prepare for that. Being miles away from the only person you want to be with sucks badly.
    Good thing about it is that people in online relationships tend to know more about each other than they would in a regular relationship.

If you know how merciless people are when it comes to gossip and how it'll ruin your life, yes.

9. flasche

like "omg look he met that girl on the intertubes" and then? i wonder what in my life could be effected by that Oo

i mean she hopefully is just a girl and no weird mass murder or maybe even worse republican.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I don't understand how you can say people in online relationships know more about each other than people in regular relationships? How can you know more about each other that way? It should be the same or less since you can't actually SEE and meet each other weekly and actually talk to them etc etc, people on interwebs act different than they do in the realwebs.

btw dubeee that 7 hour drive or 45 min flight reminded me of 505 by the arctic monkeys, just sayin

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Fooshi is right, its about not being able to always be with that person after you develope feelings. My last girlfriend lived on the other side of a bridge so we had to pay 5 bucks and drive for 40 mins to see each other.. That really sucked so I can only imagine if this person lives even further it would suck even more..

[​IMG]

this chicks pretty special tho, me and her connect on hella levels and she is a big fan of my music. And shes fucking gorgeous, but im wondering if it will just be heartache..

she just sent me that song!!!

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

if you dont meet up in person shortly after connecting online, enjoy being extremly awkward when you finally do meet up

13. Paradox

Only difference is it should have been 7 hour flight or 45 min drive broski, change it up real fast! :)

Btw listen to complete. Thanks.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

well i guess its time to save up for a road trip lol

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's more like, the text they type is what comes straight from their mind, and the way someone acts in person is a reflection on the people around them.

16. Paradox

bro, if she is loving Arctic monkeys send her this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLS_CAzJCwQ, it's genius and chicks dig it hard. Just saying, saw em live last summer, great schtuff.

17. Paradox

I know, but if you are actually in the relationship already and you trust each other you can just be perfectly yourselfs and have a good relationship, on the interwebs you can't actually talk to each other etc etc, you can't have spontanious talks, or you can't know for sure she's being spontaneous, like last year I dated this girl that was very shy and all, and she texted real shy blablabla, but then I went to her house a couple of times and when we were alone together she didnt talk all shy anymore, she totally opend up etc

18. flasche

didnt you say pretty much the same with the last one. you even wanted to change your life and everything ...

... or is it still the same girl?

i dont mean to disencourage you. go follow your heart, there really is nothing better to listen to and nothing of more worth then those happy moments you share during the good times in relationships.
    so whats there to lose? you can only win ...

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

rgr that!

I just met this chick 2 weeks ago, but ya the last girl I still love with all my heart and she is my bestfriend but thats all its gonna be for now.. My drug use fucked it all up

20. Paradox

Btw tell me if she/american chicks dig it too