Petition: Bring Back Rainbow Paradise!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WalMartGreeter, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

It is obvious from all of the "moderation drama" lately that mixing developers, moderators, and non-Empires off-topic stuff doesn't work so well. The original solution was to have strict rules in the Empires-specific sections and allow for more lenient guidelines on the Off-topic forums. But the moderators, who are ALSO the developers and influential members of the community, are using broad discretion (with personal interest) that would otherwise be disapproved by even fellow moderators. Administrators are too busy, or too carefree, to bother with silly drama in the off-topic section. In the end, the community is harmed by all of this "moderation drama" that could easily be solved by the community itself.

With that, I am proposing that we bring back Rainbow Paradise and establish its own moderation team, under the guidance of the existing Empires moderators. This will allow the Empires developers to avoid the drama of the off-topic section and focus on moderating the Empires-specific sections (which usually have no drama) & developing the mod.

Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/ponytime/petition.html
    Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rainbowparadise

Please review the petition for more information about my proposal. If there are any questions, please feel free to reply on this thread.

Remember, the Empires Mod community is much more than a game and we should encourage its growth!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

As much as I am for a rainbow paradise/blackhole/ ._.@ re initiation, I doubt it would help seeing as most of the threads go to shit because people (mainly vulkanis) derails serious threads into shit poasting.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That's it in a nutshell.

4. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I do not find these things significant to the empires mod community : Anime, The black hole, Pedophilia, personal blog posts (mine excluded)

- All the best, Deeist Overlord Vulkanis

--edit--
    Forgot to put "Deeist Overlord" in comicsans

5. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

It has less to do with threads going to shit, and more to do with moderators welding their sword on users for arguably no reason. Another by-product of the Rainbow Paradise is that Empires administrators can be visibly more strict on shitposting in serious threads in Empires-specific sections. Since there is already a section that allows shitposting, Empires administrators can just redirect those shitthrowers (mainly vulkanis) to Rainbow Paradise. If you want serious threads that won't be derailed, then you'll just post outside of the Rainbow Paradise.

[​IMG]

6. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Delete rainbowroad permanently, and then throw the disk it was on into a volcano.

Problem solved.

7. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

dont read thread + post something random ftw :rolleyes:

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Look for another forum to post your shit. And no, i don't mean the offtopic section here. :rolleyes:

9. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I say no.
    and I created that shit.

10. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

LordDz has spoken!

11. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

You didn't create jackshit. You were just a puppet leader.

I guess some of you guys like the status quo where no progress can be made in the community. If you are tired of miniscule server population and forums politics that leads every thread to a shitstorm, please sign the petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ponytime/petition.html

Otherwise, you should be coming up with a better suggestion if you truly care for the community.

Yet nothing is preventing anyone from just shitting on every thread on any section. The objective is not to encourage shit but relocate it. There is too much dirt on all of the moderators for them to be taken seriously if they suddenly decide to strictly moderate the forums.

12. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I'm 100% sure I've heard that before...

13. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Probably from my petition. It is a common phrase, apparently.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

this is still the case, posting random stuff or forum games is allowed in off topic, but not anywhere else
    if you however want to break the forum rules or post stuff you could (should!) easily post in a PM then you are shitposting

who did what? i haven't herd of anything happening like this in ages

how do you want to organise this? with democratic elections? mrdeath much?

its not a game at all, its a mod community
    questions and comments in red

15. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Yet there are numerous cases of shitposting throughout the forums. As Chris suggested, there is also a favoritism on the forums. If we had a section that allowed (not necessarily encouraged) it, then we wouldn't get the problem where people get banned (e.g. axeman, dubee, commie, etc.) for doing stuff that would otherwise be allowed from other regulars. Especially something that moderators THEMSELVES have partake in.

It is always the off-topic section, not the other Empires-specific sections, that end up with drama because of inconsistent moderation and favoritism. This is not a problem with other sections (e.g. map section) since everyone knows you will get an infraction if you shitpost or derail a thread.

Man, you should be more active on the forums then :cute:

MrStan is nothing but drama and politics, but it doesn't mean that ALL of his opinions of the Empires forums are wrong. We don't need any silly Constitution or harass Krenzo to organize something as simple as a few Rainbow Paradise moderators. Even then, they will rarely do anything as most of the community is mature enough not to post material that crosses the line; it is simply to encourage active participation of the forums.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I think people needed the clarification. :p

16. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You want the PMs? :)

17. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Yes, because that's as equatable as creating Rainbow Paradise. I guess Al Gore really did create the internet, too ^^

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

wow, and I thought I'd be bored when I read the forums ...

19. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

20. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Whats in it for me if i join you on your quest to bring back your "Rainbow Paradise?" Will i get Jeeps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.