Empires is anti XP

Discussion in 'Support' started by mcthugg, Aug 4, 2011.

1. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Not really ban evasion if I said I have other accounts. Besides if I was permabanned who would everyone flame ?....well besides alucard :P
    But I will try to tone down the retardedness

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That was a stupid thing to say. Goodbye. And your alt Vizio too. I'm going to guess the other 2 IPs for other users are coincidence, seeing as I know Nattaboy and Vlamnire.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

how the hell do you know vizio is him then

5. Trickster

IP comparison, registered email, pictures linked from VIZIO with mcthugg in the URL.

6. ViroMan

lol...idiot for even saying shit let alone having crap that could lead to other accounts.

7. Airfighterdude

Airfighterdude Member

Well heres the thing

Vistas arent the strongest computers. GREAT for gaming but not for viruses lol. I played my tf2,empires,half life 2 both episodes and many other mods with no lag. I was hit with a virus and my computer motherboard fried. Id suggest Alienware with like 3 anti-virus applications like mcafee or norton stuph like that ^^

8. ViroMan

WUT?
    <6chars>

9. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

just...wow

first time i see thread derail and (semi-)necro in one post :o

10. Trickster

I use the best anti-virus known to man. It's called Common Sense, and it's served me well.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

me too, i always smh when ppl would come on here and say there accounts were hacked lol phishing is the easiest thing to avoid.

12. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

I ran Windows XP through Empires 2.25.

*phew*, you didn't say Windows 8. My friends are beta testing it and I beat them whenever they say it's better than 7.

13. Trickster

It might be better. I ran it on my laptop for a short time, and Windows 8 seems solid, but I can't say it's that much different, just more streamlined for touchscreens.

14. ViroMan

I have a guy im working with who has the developer version of windows 8 he says its much slower then any windows version he has ever had. He has an i7 with 8g of ddr3 ram... with an nvidia 4xx card. so.. duno what could be causing its slowness.

15. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

maybe he is running on an debug/checked build?

16. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'm running Win8 DP x86 on a 2005 P4 530 (3.0GHz) and 1GB of RAM. It's graphically disappointing (no discrete card), but it runs as well as any other version of Windows that I've tried on that machine. Some games don't work, but the UI is responsive.

The Metro UI is GPU accelerated. Perhaps your friend never installed any 3rd party display drivers? That could improve performance quite a bit.

Also, it kinda matters what GPU he's running. "4xx" is incredibly vague. It's like saying you have a 2006 BMW. There's a (big) difference between the 3 series and the 7 series.

17. ViroMan

well he told me what it was but, I forgot. I could only remember that it was in the 400 range. Im sure he put the drivers for the video in. Im gana guess he is very tech savvy considering he is IT professional.

He was concerned that it was so damn slow like the drivers for chipset didn't take or something. It was so slow when he had it in VM that he decided to install it on a HD without VM and it was still slow.

18. ImSpartacus

That sounds like a problem on his end. I haven't had any trouble on my 6 year old machine and the Win8 dev tablet is basically a $999 Macbook Air 11" (same exact CPU) without a keyboard, so Windows 8 can definitely provide a satisfactory experience on light hardware.

19. ViroMan

question since you have it... can you turn off that faggy new interface and return it to windows 7 like interface?

20. ImSpartacus

No, the desktop UI runs as a psuedo-application within Metro, just like the command prompt runs as an application within the desktop.

Microsoft had to cut it off somewhere. It couldn't drag a touch-friendly hybrid desktop along forever.