Don't scare off Outcasts|-Öç-|

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Comand'zorz' Asz, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

They're a big group that bring new players to Empires, and those new players will not necessarily be bad ones.
    I know their server settings aren't hyper-intelligent, and that they were easily trolled by certain community members into angering the community at large, and that they appeal to newbies to join their server and the proceed to clanstack against them every single match, but that's their prerogative and servers like that usually die off anyway.

But I wouldn't mind the players sticking around.

So what if |-Öç-| is terrible at the game. We should prove it in scrims. If they want to cripple their experience acquisition in this game by stacking against newbies and inventing arcane rules about the employment of mines, let them - although a few members play the real game on other servers too so they may become a decent scrim opponent. Actually, I find it likely they'll abandon some of their foolishness as they play the game more, and arrogance will bleed away or be shamed off.

If you have a problem with their 'no-recruiting rule' - just remember that its only on their server and even then it is completely unenforceable - their admins are always only on one team!

I can see a problem if someone downloads Empires and Outcast's is their first server then potentially it could turn them off the game, but that could be rectified by recommending that new players try conventional servers first or something.

I mean if someone wants to bring a new clan into Empires and an existing roster of new-to-empires people, I don't think this mod has any choice but to welcome them - although I'd expect some of their arrogance to stop, but as I said above, that, I believe was instigated by trolling. If Outcasts is really so old and reputable as Bort claims then they may encourage other such clans to join, further expanding the player base.

I mean at least these guys aren't the DDoSers...
    and if |-Öç-| is Villains let them prove it - withdraw, and see if they start an offensive.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I don't care about outcasts, I just don't want fuckin edge gamers here.

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

EdgeGamers in Empires = Death to the community.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

how come every single player hates edge gamers? They are pretty ghey in insurgency but everywhere else it aitn too bad

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Have you even played on their servers? 13 year olds dominate with their admin powers. If you dare going against them, even when you have the entire server on your side, you'll get banned.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Edge? Never heard of em.

Now eGO...

The Fug community spawned out of eGO closing its Convoy server and that's the best thing to ever emerge from those assholes. Those cunts are just complete tools.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  7. Krazer

Krazer Member

Why would anyone want to even recruit players who learned to play on a server like OC. It's not even the same game people scrim on.

MEG doesn't have good players so they don't count.

8. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Definitely shouldn't be scaring off the other populated server, but at the same time that server is becoming a detriment to the new players that play on it. They only learn how to drive vehicles, and that's it. I've talked to Bort since before he brought Oc to Empires. He has a pretty short fuse is all and that's clear by his posts on these forums and g4tc, but he isn't some douche bag and isn't irrational. He's giving a perfectly rational response to an entire community yelling at him to change something. Albeit, yes everything about that server is retarded. Not to mention I think his short fuse is the cause of most of his problems.

Bort can change, just need to give him some time. We don't always get people like Vicki and Drummer, who in all honesty are pretty calm and collected compared to most gamers. Even if it goes all bad, I don't think we have any right to go and simply harass them to death. It is there server after all. I'm trying to bring him around slowly, so give him some time.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's the new 420.

look they've already done clan wide bans, and they have some sort of history with meg now.

10. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Out of the few times ive played on their server, they use their admin powers to put themselvs on one team, and put all the noobs on the other, and by noobs i mean first or second time players. they steam roll them, then jump around like they just won gold at the olympics.

And i think we should invite them to a Pug match or somthing, and show them how its done.
    Not to steam roll them, but to have them play with us, to learn them some skills.

11. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

That would be a clan wide ban.

12. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

arent edge and ego the same thing?

13. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

yeah. dont scare off people. empires community is small as it is.

they can do what they want. i dont care about their settings. although, imo, banning whole guilds is kinda messed up. if like more than half the guild griefs the server, then i may understand. but just 1-3 people doing it.. its not right. but yeah, they can do what they want.

if they have fun, then its alrite. they stick around and make our near death mod have SOME life. its rather not good when tehre are 0 people on Empires. It is not a good impression for some people. See no one on.. they might not come back.

14. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Yeah, I think they're weary from us crushing them. I mean all you have to do is stop the first four APCs and you're good.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you're going to play against them in a scrim, do it on a neutral server, with vanilla everything. If they're used to their own settings, they'll probably fail to get even basic stuff researched. Bam, point proven.

16. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yup, my bad.

I never actually sat around to look at more than the acronym, lol.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

and they'll die by the fall damage/ lack of parachutes/ lack of parachutes that make gravity = 100.

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

They just need to be shown why the standard settings are superior and more fun.

Bort may seem to over react to things but some people have given him plenty of reason by being down right offensive and over reacting themselves.
    Instead of calling their server/admins/clan retarded or some such slur just leave, which is pretty much what the OC line is and I don't think that in isolation is unreasonable.

The clan tag ban is pretty gay but its up to them how they run their server I guess.

Both communities are coming from different kinds of cultures in a way but neither is doing anything to find some common ground. End of the day we all enjoy gaming and enjoy Empires, hopefully that will prevail eventually and people can get along without threatening and slandering each other.

They'll bring some players to the mod who will in time join other servers and hopefully will

Bottom line is they can do whatever the hell they like, doesn't bother me one bit what they get up to when I'm playing on another server. If I don't like the way they roll I'm going to take my calculator elsewhere. Obviously I prefer the settings as they are, my personal choice - in time maybe they will too. But right now we've created this atmosphere where they probably won't change them for fear of loosing face even if they would have considered it before.

Basically if you don't have anything constructive to say to them then don't say it. Empires has enought flame wars already

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't like the threats they're throwing around, claiming they could effectively kill the mod, without DoSing. I was just starting to push for people to take a break from all of this, and really stop overdoing it, (as you saw when I said I'd close that thread), but I won't stand for threats. We as a community, won't be bullied by them. It won't happen. Every person who's fucked about on their server might well deserve to be banned from their server, and some people have acted really irresponsibly, on both sides. But as I said, threats regarding what Bort said is another ballgame. If he starts throwing those around, it'll go completely the other way, and every single person will go against them.

20. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

inviting them to the pug is a really good idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.