UK paperwork is fuckinfg retarded

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by meg griffin, May 20, 2011.

1. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Sorry UK resident but seriously all the policies and paperwork are just plain and stupidly retarded.

I need to get my fucking UK drivers license but I dont have a UK passport because i am on a temporary assigment here. I also have to travel for work every other week outside of the country.

So I call the DVLA and they told me that in order to have a license they need to keep my passport for 4 weeks... that's it. no way around it. no going to the post office because they only accept uk passports...

What kind of monkeys do they have at the offices that take them 4 weeks to look at a fucking passport?

It took me 1 fucking day to get my license in the US and i did not even have to show my passport just my SSN and bam done.

Seriously UK cut the paperwork crap down.

2. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

AARGH i am pissed. i feel in a fucking third world country with all this bullshit.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You have no fucking idea. It's one of the worst aspects of this country by a million miles, and it only gets worse, and it's getting worse every year. They waste money on tonnes of people to get it done, and they're really fucking slow. I'd sack all of them. The DVLA are quick to remove your license, or notice you have no car tax, or anything like that, as long as it's going to negatively affect you. But something positive? They'll draw it out as long as they possibly can. It's disgusting.

4. RKB53

RKB53 Member

I'm sure crying to the empire forums and asking us to cut down the paper work will help solve your problem...

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

British bureaucracy is why the UK is no longer a superpower

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

UK is a super power as long as we have nukes, as is every other country who has nukes. But if it wasn't for that, I'd agree entirely. It's what's bringing this country down, and it saddens me so much.

7. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

I already cried on the DVLA support line. now i am sharing my tears and buggers with you :P

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

They spend so long on any paperwork if you are not in the states. I remember having to wait a month so that I could get my police check.

9. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

UK aint no superpower foo. Chat up with China.

10. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

China should be alright, as long as they keep the trouble makers down. Not all countries must be like USA/western world... I like China. Theres corruption in the lower levels, but theres "less" in the upper levels. They think about their country first, instead of giving millions of tax dollars as aid to foreign countries (besides NKorea) or start wars..

The trouble makers would destabilize China, probably something USA wants...

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I agree very much on the "not everyone has to be USA" , but if you think whats going on in China is ok, then you need a brain surgery.

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Things take longer in the UK so we have an excuse to go to the pub for a quick jar whilst we wait. Also things take longer because we are all in the pub, or drunk.

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

And also because we hate dirty foreigners.

If you grow up here you learn near-infinite patience, it's only foreigners who can't handle it.