All chassis customizable at all times.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nickierv, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Allow all chassis to be customized, regardless of research.

To avoid the inevitable questions from people not reading the suggestion, you still have to do the research to build the tank, this only moves the 'item is researched' check to the end of the build menu.

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Will confuse new players even more, tbh.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This. No.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

That and I don't see any real reason to allow it anyway.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

it would be awesome if you could do it out of game (=in the menu) and save presets ...

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Now THERE'S a suggestion. In fact, could someone split this?

7. Phantom

Phantom Member

The original suggestion was good, and if implemented properly would not confuse anyone...simply post a notification on the tank loadout if one of the options is not yet researched, and or gray out non-researched items. It has a lot of practical purpose ESPECIALLY with the slow as balls layout that we currently adhere to.

8. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

I forgot to mention the "missing chassis research" error message that is in the same place as the armor/engine error messages.
    While I can see the use of presets, if you dont have the exact research as the preset, you still have to spend 10 to 30 seconds customizing the tank after the chassis research is finished.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the out of game vehicle customization thing was mainly intended to get new players a feel what tanks they could construct (ofc everything should be pickable there)
    its quite a pain if you create your first tank ingame. it took me half a round to figure out why it wont build iirc.

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Nice thread, mind if I rest my balls on your face?

Didn't think so.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

You guys have been playing too long that you think this broken system is actually notshit.

How stupid is it that you have to wait until you have heavies researched to actually CHOOSE and CUSTOMISE it?
    Lets say you are building a std heavy when rails are researched, you have to close and reopen the entire vehicle menu because it doesnt update in real time.

Having all the items shown with the non-researched items grey'd out or with an X over them (BUT STILL SELECTABLE AND PLACEABLE) is a great idea.

12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I just played with a player who proclaimed his triple missile launcher (heavy?) tank was "untouchable".

Playing around with vehicle loadouts is important.

13. Trickster

What if there was an actual built-in sandbox map? Like bigger than the tutorial sandbox, ingame. Like a map where they have ingame buttons to press to turn all research on for commanding, or have it run as it normally does. And then an enemy base they can respawn with a button, with enemy tanks set out with different armours and whatnot. Maybe a shooting range. It might sound complicated, but only those wanting to learn a little more about the game would see it, so you wouldn't get most new players going in it. It would be a helpful resource and might help learn up the playerbase a bit faster.

14. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I think that the simple change of making all research available on the tutorial map would work very well. It's kinda disappointing to not be able to nuke-tank the turret-farms on that map like a pro.

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

Sorry, but if you have a chassis or weapon or whatever with a red cross over it, no one is gonna think they can buy it.

And i do often want to be able to customize a vehicle before it's actually finished researching. I base some decissions on that.

Especially if a base is in great danger.
    -If i could afford the new chassis with armor, engine and weapons, i'd wait the time out to buy it. If i can't i'd buy a lesser chassis to at least be able to defend the base a little, eventhough it's probably wasted resources.
    -Also when the vf is under attack, and you're counting down the last 10 seconds of the research time inside the vf - doing nothing at all -, you know you're probably gonna lose the building. It will survive those 10 seconds, but then you have to customize the vehicle, puzzle the weight balance with armor and weapons, puzzle the resource balance with armor and weapons with weight balance in mind, and quickly set the weapons controls. Usually while trying to make that vehicle, you suddenly see the building become dark and you go "FUCK".

And as he said, new players would know more stuff will be coming later in the match.

Not that i really need to be able to customize unresearched vehicles and stuff, as i consider this limitation to be part of the game, but contrary to most suggestions this is actually something that would actually improve my gaming experience.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  16. Trickster

omg y u no sandbox reply

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

because nobody fucking uses presets

18. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

You don't understand.

It's a feature

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree. I would love to see this added, including being able to customize your vehicle with weapons that have not yet been researched, allowing you to customize your rail heavy and build it when rails are researched instead of losing time having to reopen the customization menu.