2.31a released

Discussion in 'News' started by MOOtant, Feb 22, 2011.

1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Go fuck yourself. Enough is enough. Every single time scripts are changed people are whining. When they get stabilized people whine even more. Go learn how to shoot and fuck off. Counter-strike doesn't change weapon behavior every few weeks.

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

behr is arguably probably the best rifleman weapon (if it weren't for ironsights).
    if you go prone and fire off all 40 rounds, you won't suffer an accuracy decrease at all (just going by crosshair size changes btw)

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I was going to complain with ill-formed opinions and half-though impressions about why the scripts aren't my definition of perfection, but now I think I'd rather have sex with myself and play some more amazing Empires than waste everyone's time. Thanks MOOtant! ^^

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

hey remember back when they released 2.25 and the dropbox was "generating lots of traffic" for the hotfix, well that problem is up again can someone get more mirrors or something.

5. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

imo make all the weapons do 9999 damage

golden gun bitches

its how real men roll.

6. zenarion

zenarion Member

With every script change not much changes in the game. Still you got your riflewhores, still you got your nadespam, still you got your fold-out-mah-campin-walls-in-front-of-ma-tank engies.
    I'm happy as long as the game runs and bugs get removed. Hooray for whoever did this. Our dark knight developer.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  7. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

:headshot: :headshot: :headshot:

Empires Client Download

GUYS STOP SEEDING HE OUTDATED 2.31 AND SEED 2.31a INSTEAD :headshot:

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Since the orange box release every balance tweak was more or less random number changing with no real aim or goal. You dont have a test team, you dont have a clear role for all weapons and everytime a balance direction doesnt work on the first or second try you change the balance direction completly.

Counter-strike doesnt change the weapon behavior all time because its ALOT more balanced and they actually test their changes with a big team.

Typical hypocrit behavior if you label comments on balance as whining.

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

2.2 - 2.24 was totally random. 2.25 a bit less. 2.26-2.30 was Trickster only so it was mostly coherent. I don't remember what he did in 2.31 I won't argue about that.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The stuff Mayama is whining about hasn't been touched since 2.28. And during my time doing this stuff, there has been a direction. In 2.25 I just rebalanced 2.24d, and for the most part, that stayed that way until I redid everything for 2.28. And since then, all I've really been changing is the rifles. And don't even think of giving me shit about testing. We had something like 150 testers who requested access. At most we ever got 20 testers. Only 2 people helped me test despite me sending pms to every single tester. No-one wants to test, so it takes me 5x as long to test them using bots. So fuck you.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

You dont need to alter stuff like the pistol 1, since I figured out how to strafe/spam with it I abuse it all the time. It actually would make me, as gren, weaker if you would alter it.

But looks like the devs dont want feedback. So dont cry that no one tests if you just say fuck you if someone gives feedback.

Edit: I usually say infantry stuff is OP if I personaly feel that im to good with it while using it.

12. PEPPER

PEPPER Member

Never thought that some players going for "efficient game"?
    BEAR stood as a main efficient weapon cause due to extreme lack of bullets it had nearly perfect accuracy (laser rifle, yes). Now i dont find it efficient anymore, youre getting out of ammo very fast cause of rapid (and sometimes semi-auto) shooting (no i didnt whine when rifleman got their significant nerfes from previous version as rifles kept their efficient state all the time) . What is more important scout get the upperhand almost all the time vs rifleman with his uber accurate rifle. So this update literally made me a full-time scunt.

13. Trickster

Are you fucking kidding? I was literally begging for feedback at those tests. I got next to none, and I acted on every single bit I got. Just because you have different opinions to nearly every other person and I choose not to change every weapon based on your will, does not mean we aren't listening. It means we think you are wrong.

14. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

"+ Guided ML Damage decreased 70 -> 50, Guided ML reload time icnreased 3 -> 6"
    Why? Nobody had ever said that Guided ML was too strong.

"+ HEMG damage increased 15 -> 20, HEMG reload time decreased 16 -> 10"
    Why?

15. Trickster

SIP, this is the first time you've signed in in about 4 months, and you certainly haven't played Empires much during that time, especially if you're asking that question. Guided has been ripping apart everything (Credit to Sodaen/Loverstory/whateverhe'scallednow for finding this, and at first I disagreed, but I have been shown this shit first hand), with a DPS higher than ranged cannon, guidance and lower heat values. HEMG was pretty useless due to the fact that after 30 seconds you had a quarter of a minute where you were basically going to get gangbanged. HEMG still seems to not be good enough though.

16. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Ok. Seems to be the same reason as for Homing Salvo.
    The weapons was ok until some people detected how powerful it is. Surprisingly this can took years in Empires :eek:

On which maps did Sodaen/Loverstory win with Guided ML?

17. Trickster

Idk, but long range maps. It's mainly the sniping that's the issue. You can sit on the middle island on Mvalley and just rip apart a main base with a couple of heavies, as well as even the enemy commander. Also, technically, both Salvo and regular homing got a buff, but their range reduced. If I could stop guided being guidable after a specific range, then maybe I wouldn't be so harsh, but the guidance at unlimited range makes it pretty ridiculous.

18. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

so.. upg guided/homing were removed , well yea they were pointless.
    But I never understood why they weren't in separate trees, like upgraded turrets. It's like one research giving you lvl2's and lvl3's at the same time.
    nvm.

I say guided nerf was a little too harsh, considering how hard it is to use when moving.

19. Trickster

I may make Guided slower, which will actually make it way easier to use.

20. Silk

Silk Mapper

i wouldn't mind that