my name is delete and i dont know how to install a patch but i blame devs anyway

Discussion in 'Support' started by Deletejohnson, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

same with crossroads

[​IMG]

i have tried...
    deleting local bsp
    deleting all files related to maps and reinstalling 2.31

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You're doing something wrong, because not a single other person is having these problems (so far). I don't know what you've done, but it's nothing to do with this release. In fact, I went so far as to check all the files. Emp_isle wasn't even updated, we didn't even touch it, nor was it included in the installer. So whatever you've done is 100% your own fault, because it's identical to 2.30.

3. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

awesome support staff

4. Trickster

I don't know why you expect us to help you with your inability to install a patch. Isle wasn't touched, plain and simple. Nothing in this patch in the slightest can cause this problem. YOU have done something wrong. If you've tried to back up custom content so you didn't lose stuff, then you've accidently used an old version of the folder from 2.29 or earlier. That's literally all I can think of.

5. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

wow you wont even let anyone else help me...
    change the thead title back you fucking asshole. i need help.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Since trickster doesn't know how to do support correctly, I'll give you some support:
    Go to this site:
    http://www.empiresmod.com/drupal/node/13
    Download:
    Empires 2.30 Full Install (~775 MB)
    Close steam
    Install the mod
    Download: Empires 2.31 Patch (~178MB)
    Close steam
    Install the patch.
    Whine on forums if you fail, for example installing the patch first.

7. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

trickster, learn how to work with people on a possessional level you twat.

8. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Trickster just has very little patience for anyone who he considers a dumbass.

Consequently, Trickster considers >80% of Empires to be retards.

*Edit

In light of the above post; goodbye, Delete.

9. Trickster

I explained the issue twice, you just completely blanked it and carry on whining. What Dz suggested is just to reinstall, which you claimed to have already done. Either your lying and think you're smart enough to "know" that that won't work, or you just want attention. Either way, I'm fed up of your shit, not only on the forums, but ingame, where you sit there and whine about every problem you have as if it's our fault, and I have absolutely no sympathy for you. I explained, TWICE above, what we did, and where you could have gone wrong. The fact that you ignored it is not my problem. When you can make a thread asking what's wrong, rather than the title being "2.31 map fail", as if it's our fault, then maybe I'll treat you more professionally. But if you want to come here acting like your incompetency is our fault, I won't help you, and in fact, I'll mock you, as are many others about this exact thread as I speak. So if you want treating like an adult, then act like one.

It's not a case of me having little patience for dumbasses. I try to answer all of Hexi's questions, even though most of them are really stupid. I have little patience for those who will blame everyone except themselves for the problems they have. I especially have little patience for those who sit there in spec, bitching about the game constantly, acting like they have any clue what they're talking about, and spreading constant negativity. Hell, Delete joined the game earlier, and even MOOtant of all people went "oh, here comes Delete to start whining about this release too". Seriously, it's fucking unacceptable. Bitch after you've exhausted other options or at least have evidence that it might be our fault, but I'm tired of your shit. You're driving players away and I'm sick of it. /rant

10. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

I'll be gladed to get banned for telling off a fuck with power.
    hey trickster! you are a fuck with power!
    If he bans me it will only prove my point if he doesnt then i'm wrong.
    i only posted on here for help. if i was ripping on the devs id say it. i just wanna beable to play the fucking game period. i dont go on here to flame trickster or mootant or empty.

11. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

the tilte was "2.31 map release failure?" i wasnt sure if was just me or not so i placed a question mark at the end. So you are telling me this tilte alone means im acting like a child??

12. Trickster

Saying "IF YOU BAN ME IT PROVES MY POINT" does not give you immunity from it. And don't bullshit me about the title Delete. And also, you STILL haven't given any feedback based off the first few troubleshooting things I told you to do. You may well have come here wanting to get things fixed, but you also wanted to try and rage at us again as you always do, and I'm not going to have it. You can either give some more information BASED OFF WHAT PEOPLE TOLD YOU TO DO, or you can get lost, because so far, you've done nothing to show you actually want to fix this problem.

13. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I find the level of stupidity in this thread astounding.

@Delete: Since you and Trickster seem to have been recently wed, I will provide some marriage counseling...
    1. Your copy of Empires is corrupt.
    2. Stop being a moron.
    3. Shut up for a minute.
    4. Seriously, shut up. Now.
    5. Follow LordDz's instructions.
    6. If you still have a problem, post here. Otherwise, get out of spec and do something useful.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  14. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

-sigh-

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  15. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

gee thanks

16. Trickster

Not really help. If you're getting the error of them differing from the server, then it's clear that they do in fact, differ. The point is, why does it differ? Either you installed the patch wrong, or you installed it right and copied your old custom shit over the top and included the map. As I said over 10 posts ago.

Cmon Hexi, even you know some of them are a bit silly.

17. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

such as?
    (don't tell me that this one is silly as well i know ur gonna do it)

18. Trickster

19. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Hahaha, omg :D

20. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.