2 Moons (OGame Clone)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Omega_K2, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

Anyway, let's give it a try. I set the stock plaents to 6 instead of 9 (including your main planets) I can increase it later on anyway

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

niiiice ty

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

"A hostile fleet of the planet FailOverLoad[1:3:10] became nearby your planet? Afghanistan [1:1:11] sighted."
    O' google translate...

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It makes you stiffness

5. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

6. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Ohh LOL. I see:

Action Date from subject
    14. Dec 2010, 05:43:18 Game Message Rule breaking and other
    Since I expect a mass RQ now since 2 of EPIC players are banned (I saw one pushing, trickster admitted the rule breaking in message which is pretty much asking for a ban), I'd like to thank you all to refuse to create even remotly balanced allies and pretty much ruining this game.
    13. Dec 2010, 23:28:40 Game Message Rules updated
    Rules have been updated. Please read them;
    for some reason it also seems to bugged sometimes and show the old rules; in that case just refresh or switch lang to de then back to english.
    The rules that are used in any case are the english rules, the other languages are not up-to-date.

Omega, what was the message? ...

7. Iselore

Iselore Member

lol, cool you restarted the game. TBH, you need to get at least 10+, preferably 20 before starting the game.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Victory!

Thing is, we'd already quit. We smashed our fleets against Azael and Omega (We didn't even spy one of them) after deciding we'd had enough. Speed was far too fast (At 15x, it's like playing an RTS for 3 days straight. Unless you seriously fuck with your sleep pattern and put everything aside (or suspected admin abuse in the case of 1 player) to play it, you won't get close), and no matter what we did, even with about 6 players pushing just 2 of us, and nonstop building/research, people sitting eachother's accounts to give near 24 hour coverage, we "magically" could never catch up with the person in charge of the game. Every time the records were refreshed, all our hard work to get ahead was instantly matched/beaten by 1 person, even though it was basically 8+ accounts putting resources into 2. Maybe it was possible to do that legitimately, maybe it wasn't, I guess we won't know. But even with what was basically cheating, and basically stacking 4 accounts on top of eachother for 4x stuff, we still couldn't even get close to 1 person. Either the game was bullshit imbalanced or there was something else going on. On top of that, the game was filled with changes to the standard version that none of us were informed about (extra colonies via research, above the max limit), as well as free-trading/loss trading not being enabled, making it incredibly tedious to build stuff, to the point where you spent nearly 80% of your resources on extra power, and to top it all, every time we found some way we might possibly get ahead, a new rule gets implemented just to prevent it, or you get banned.

Also, technically, whilst it was going to be pushing, we didn't break any rules. As long as it was paid back within 48 hours (according to the rules), it's not pushing, it's a loan. My internet has been offline all day, but I hear I was banned within 6.

Apparently, there's a new ogame thing set up (at 2x speed, and more "transparency", and colonies can only be achieved via the research, possibly even loss-trading too). I don't know if I'm going to play, but it should be a lot more relaxed, which means I don't have to wake up every 90 minutes just to see if my fleet is about to get ripped apart.

9. Beerdude26

1 mooncup

10. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

It's a mystery how games that involve you turn into bullshit (>see EMP PUG).

Pushing wasn't allowed, and that's the reason you were banned for. I've been suspecting it for some time, considering the speed both of you were keeping up with me, and especially getting so far ahead in research (with massivly expansive techs). I myself only manged to get that far by getting a shitload of colonies asap as well as getting very lucky regarding darkmatter (273 or so on my second expidition), effective resource management and raiding once in a while (and not sleeping much :|)

Rules have been changed because weaknesses and unfairnesses regarding the rules have been shown.

Regarding the so-called "changes":
    http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Astrophysics
    http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Merchant
    (On another note here, this ofc isn't the real ogame, and 2moons still lacks stuff that ogame has and a bunch of bugs and mods over the orignal game, I didn't make those though, and left them in; the new stuff is visible on the technology page anyway.)

The speed thing is discussable, but in any case, it's still dangerous to go sleep, even in the orignal ogame with 1x 1x 1x speeds, since you may be fleetcrashed, raided, etc. I don't think there is some sort of "ideal" solution to have a game where you dont have to wait about a trillion days nor have to worry about not keeping up with the others.

11. Iselore

Iselore Member

aren't supposed to do fleetsaving or resourcesaving or something like that?

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yea, im still working on the php concerning the trader, i want it to trade at a loss of 10% but the linking involved makes it quite a bothersome work il keep you guys updated

13. Trickster

We only pushed for the big attack on you at the end. 100% of my resources until the last few hours weren't pushed. Others were but not me, and you can track that through the logs. I sent people resources and they sent me it back, trading resources around at a 2/1/0.5 ratio for metal/crystal/deuterium. So, all that research was done 100% legitimately without a single rule broken.

And why wouldn't we have been able to keep up with you? We tallied it up, and we were earning far more resources through raiding than you were, I was the first to recyclers and scooped hundreds of thousands up, and all my colonies were developed as fast as I could possibly do it, using the optimum speed for mine level-ups, at least it was in every other version I've ever played.

So it still makes absolutely zero sense how you pulled away so quickly when you had at most your last 2 colonies earlier (from astrophysics). Even the 20% increase in resources from a few expeditions spent on the geologist officer can't push you to 30 battleships, when we were building them before you were and virtually never stopped. You'd have had to have enough resources on about 6 different planets, and considering the rate of your research on other stuff, as well as building, it simply can't happen. I received about half a million (in terms of metal) for the last push on Azael and you, in which the majority was spent on getting laser tech to lv12 for battlecruisers. And as I said earlier, you banned me within 8-12 hours of receiving those resources, when it was totally legal as long as I returned it within 48 hours of receiving the resources.

Hell, you even changed some rule on missiles after I left, which was basically the only way of breaking a decent defence, without insane bomber spam, effectively widening the gap between you and everyone else further. The fact of the matter is, I kept up with you legitimately for as long as was physically possible, then you magically pulled ridiculously far ahead even though I was still doing absolutely everything as fast as was physically possible, and then even when I got close, you changed server settings and rules to benefit yourself. That is why, ultimately, the game failed. Because you wanted people to play a game under you, rather than with you.

Also, lol @ Empires pug. Apart from the loud minority on BE who believed HSM, even the rest of BE knew that the only issue was him anyway, because he can't lead for shit.

14. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Something similar happened in the previous iteration. Omega started growing at a speed about 10x of everyone else. I initially thought that it was because he started earlier but now in this game i dont know... Maybe is there a point that you can start this exponential growth and maintain it even when you are attacked by a lot of people?

Or is it because we are complete noobs and suck at this?

15. Trickster

Idk, I learnt to play off Simon, and most people who played the old iterations of this will agree without a doubt that Simon was one of the best at it, and usually topped the scoreboards for the entire first week until he stopped playing from boredom. So I'm fairly sure I couldn't have physically gone faster, except for the additions of those extra researches that I was unaware of. And even then, it wouldn't have caused the gap that it did. Even with the last bit of pushing at the end, the fact that Omega managed to churn out 30 battleships within a few hours was ridiculous, as well as all the other shit he had.

16. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

AM to trade? Fucking stupid.

Edit:

Really fucking stupid.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  17. Beerdude26

Don't forget Avair, who always got his ass banned within a few days because he raped everything

18. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Well, I'm finally getting darkmatter, and I now have 8 of 9 planets well developed.

Yay

19. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

My strategy was since you were ahead in research was to get ahead in terms of colonies. I stopped reseaching and fleet building COMPLETLY at some point, spammed colonies from 0 to max, then invested in mines, shipped resources to do the research necessary for battleships and had a bunch of battleship being build overnigt/when I was going to sleep. I can't recall it properly now, but I think I was able to build battleships before you (according the stats /records thiny).

I actually wasn't really attacked. Well I was, but most of the time they just recalled in the last 30 seconds. Good thing they did that, because on at least 1 situation I renember that I only had a fraction of my fleet on my planet (out on attack) and I guess it would have crushed my remainig fleet and def. I can't really tell as for the others, but as for you I think you could play much better.