(Fantasy projects) boats, mechs, etc

Discussion in 'Art' started by TheLiberalElitist, Nov 10, 2010.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I wanted to start a new group of threads(not even sure what i'm trying to say.) The first fantasy project, or 3d models/features that probably won't be implemented, but will be something I wanted to do for just the fun of 3d modeling.

Fan fiction Backstory

Northern Faction

During the great war, the Jekotians were looking for something to change the tide of the war. A team of private engineers developed the first mechanized armored unit, or MAU, but before field testing could be finalized the war ended, and fearing that the MAU prototype would be found they hid it away.

Years later when the Northern Faction stumbled on data which detailed the completions of a prototype they began to look for the prototype. The engineers were skeptical of the usefulness of the prototype; but nevertheless they went to find the prototype. After restoring the control systems and, updating the mechanical and cooling systems to modern standards. They began field testing with great success. After successful field testing they began to deploy the first battle ready model the MAU-BR23 "Mammoth" with recycled parts from scrapyards.

Brenodi Empire

The Brenodi military high command had been looking for a lightly armored, but heavily armed power suit which could assist armored divisions, but be more agile with fewer troops deployed. Experiments in the past had been successful with similar armor, but one corporation developed a successful prototype called the TR-92 "Amandus" .

This new prototype power suit scored highly when run through military testing, and the Military picked it for mass production. No sooner had the model been picked did the Northern faction begin massing a new type of armored unit.

Mech Concepts

MAU-BR23 "Mammoth" inspirational concept
    [​IMG]

The mammoth will look similar to the old Mechwarrior mechs. I am modifying my original idea to look more like a mech I found which had two Gatling guns mounted to each arm. The mech itself will have two 3-2 slot machine guns, and one missile launcher mounted on top. The plate maximum would put the mech somewhere between an apc and medium, but to counter, the mech will be able to use thruster to propel them quickly in short burst overheating engine if used too much. No idea on cost yet, but this is just fantasy.

TR-92 "Amandus" inspirational concept
    [​IMG]

The Amandus will look similar to the Wanzer wildgoat from Front Mission. I chose the wildgoat just because it it looks massive and domineering, and I had a similar model I was using for another project that I am modifying again(thanks to my friend for the suggestion). The Amandus would have one 3 slot machine gun and 2 2-3 slot missile launchers. The plate maximum would put the mech somewhere between an apc and medium like before, but to counter, the mech will be able to use thruster to propel them quickly in short burst overheating engine if used too much.

Since theses Mechs are going to be slightly taller that the vehicle factory I decided I would create two new Robotics factory concepts. Working on something else atm but I will post pics in about a week or so.

2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

FYI there won't be mechs, ever,
    also this is art thread not suggestions,
    if you read the suggestion stickys you would now, that mechs are a NO!!!!!!

however you look at it, it's the wrong section ...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  3. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I think you missed the definition of fantasy, because everything you just detailed would be if I expected my idea to be implemented, I don't. I am doing this with my free time.

4. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Kane got
    OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNED

5. Empty

Empty Member

Please don't post threads in here unless you have
    1) Art that will probably be used ingame, Models, contact details for a modeler etc.
    2) Empires art you made yourself.

Since you seem to be planning to actually model stuff I'll let it slide, but in future, don't make a thread until you have at the minimum some WIP to show off.

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Icccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn

7. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

No, what empty said pretty much sums it up ...
    It is NOT the right section for this

Also fantasy is something irrelevant,
    btw you breath now manually ... see? Fantasy is f*cking you up ;P
    /trollface

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

burrnnnn

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

you are consciously blinking your eyes.
    It is impossible to lick your elbow.
    you are picturing someone naked.
    That last one doesn't work very often but eh it still werks sometimes.

10. zenarion

zenarion Member

I think SC has a hardon for Empires modeling now. FINISH THE MODELS YOU STARTED!

11. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

No, I don't have a hard on for Empires modeling. I'm balls deep into it

12. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

The Amandus, could not think of a head design I liked so it is headless for now. I still need to add a lot of details. I tried to get a lot of details from the Wanzer pic, but I think my missile launchers turned out good. NF model will be done later.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  13. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

lighting looks weird on this pic but good work so far

14. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

yea I was being lazy and did not add any lighting except for the default lighting.

15. zenarion

zenarion Member

Cool mech, modeler. But this doesn't belong here at all.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

y it does, stop hating

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Mechs don't belong in empires and they never will, but the model is quite nice still.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

thats the thing about it, mechs dont belong in empires, sure..

but this thread and this model belongs in this forum and this thread

19. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Yea mechs are probably to "high tech" for Empires in the sense that this style of mech would be suited for something like Armored Core/ front mission, where the story, and atmosphere is tailored made for mech combat. I think however mechs in the style of the battlefield 2142 would be more plausible in the Empires universe.

IRL combat maybe 50 or 200 years from now humans will have some type of mech, just based on the fact that there are suits/armor like that in development today, but not in the exaggerated design I have.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

mechs are really really silly weapon systems

its like the yamamoto or the bismark, or the hood but then on the land