2.26 Rc1

Discussion in 'News' started by MOOtant, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

ok good. that is what it should be.

2. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

don't forget to bring back air factories!

a comm trap is needed

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You do realise that things like that aren't referenced anywhere, right?*

There's a whole wealth of environmentalism just waiting to be created and added to the game concerning all weapons, all armours and all vehicle descriptions. Buildings not so much - you could always reference the military architech genius and the students that succeeded him but only the comm would get to see it.

Seriously now, an easy way to get things named and a decent flavour text added would just be to open a couple of (moderated) threads in the story or art subforums and just ask people to create something. I'm not talking about long complicated stories here, but a simple something like BGM-71 for a missile would go a fair distance to making the world feel a little more in-depth.

It's a big task...but it's more like a fun thing for those that feel inclined. And each description could be rolled out whenever, it needn't be "all or nothing".

Ground targets are red diamonds on land. Movement targets are the green ones.

I would expect more people to use cameras again, eh? I remember in testing 2.0 we didn't get a whole lot of targets but we sure as hell had cameras...most covering all the contact points of the field. While I think this is good news, and a massive boost to actually paying attention to where you're going - which most people don't do near as much anymore - I feel that listening posts are still probably a good idea.

*Or at least that I know of...sorry if i'm wrong lol.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think it might change so that you give targets, but they only appear on the minimap. It'll act more like revealing targets. As it is, if you go within a fairly large distance of a building, voila, you're on minimap. Makes getting past enemy lines impossible in any way shape or form (unless you're scout). So I think it's getting changed.

Expect a lot of RCs.

5. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

What bothered me the most was that machine pistol was named burst pistol, and it's actually full auto... not to mention the fact that melee and bullets kill buildings, minimap is f'd up and apc building bugs. I'm sure there was something else, too, but can't remember.

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

It is like that. Clip reload times might need a bit of tweaking.

7. Fishstick

Fishstick Member

An update.. from the future?

-The installer isn't working for me. Would it be possible to get the next one in zip format?-
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Great. Any idea if this might be implemented into weapons as well? Could be a very simple way to balance weapons and add more fun and less learning. Could be another step towards an easier to learn empires.

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Hide and Radar stealth make you not visible on minimap.

10. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Fix the CV hitpoints for fucks sake.

11. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

Theres no server to try this on?

are you only gonna put one up when tests are scheduled?
    (I know I could create server just wondering bout this)

12. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There's a server up, has been all day. Swap over to the new RC2 thread though.