Plasma Cannon

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by alucard13mmfmj, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

Plasma cannon should be reworked into something new. i propose we change it into a gravity balls. instead of overheating both the user and the enemy.. the user can draw the enemy towards a general area. meaning, the blast radius of the new plasma will draw enemy tanks and/OR troops into the point of impact. AKA, a black hole.

-lets say im a heavy and there are 2 enemy heavies shooting at me, who are next to a body of water. ill shoot a "plasma" near the edge of the lake and hope itll draw the heavy into the water and kill them.
    -a stalemate at slaughter.. the enemy tanks are taking pot shots at you and ur team and then hiding back behind the corner. you equip a heavy with plasma cannon and when the enemy pops out to take pot shots, you fire your plasma and suck the enemy tank out and then ur team pummels it to death.
    -OR draw out infantry that are hiding behind walls, then mow them down with MG

pros:
    -useful enough to maybe research
    -another type of weaponry

cons:
    -might be hard to code
    -may not be possible
    -possibly exploitable

[​IMG]
    similar to that gunbound rice cooker mobile

exmaples: *of course the tanks dont get sucked into a singularity.. the tanks just get bunched together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhBVagLBuAk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU49HRZDz0k

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

For unknown reason only the damage from the plasma cannon will be increased and decreased from version to version (typical Empires balancing).

But a completely new plasma cannon would be at least fun to test. Maybe we just have to use negative values at explosion force to have this effect.
    But also a high value at normal explosion force would switch plasma cannon into a push cannon. Testing will show if this is working.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Heat combat is gay.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Plasma should burn infantry.

5. Omneh

Omneh Member

Plasma cannon should set its victims (whether tank or infantry) on fire, dealing damage over time in a manner similar to BioML. Furthermore, Plasma MG could be differentiated from BioMG by having it deal damage over time in short, relatively powerful bursts as opposed to the slow bleeding of BioMG. Heat to target should be removed, or at least set to a level similar to that of other weapons.

(how many fucking times have I had to say this?!)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  6. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

How about making heat damage your tank over time instead of making your tank unable to shoot and move? This way, HIT and Plasma could actually do damage to tanks, but in a different way.

7. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

make it scorch the ground and whoever walks on that scorched earth will receive damage, just like the spitter like L4D2

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

A push/pull cannon eh, sounds kinda cool, but I'd rather shoot slow cooldown pushing bullets than wasting a cannon slot.

9. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

cyber made a push cannon in his custom scripts, it was like HE but it made your tank go up on two wheels briefly, it was wicked fun.

10. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

frankly.. 99% of the time no one researches plasma.. only time its used is vehicle training lol

11. o_O

o_O Member

A push gun somehow seems more fun then a pull gun, but either is better then making everyone overheat and just stop. There will be issues with balancing tank flipping and what happens when 10 of them roll out, but its definitely worth a test.

12. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

push..pull.. same thing XD..

it might be exploitable, like getting tanks into previously inaccessible areas of the map like up a mountain

13. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i was thinking of area of denial weapon, similar idea with bio artillery shells doing that.. but then it would slow down game play possibly, but it does ad a level of strategy to the game

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Why would we institute a flamethrower vehicle mg :confused:

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

[​IMG]

I'll just leave this here.

16. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Does the beam move when you move the tank?

Last time Empty tested a laser it looked stupid.

17. Empty

Empty Member

Chris' particles always have an interesting-ness to them.
    I'm not going to say his or mine are better, but I definitely like how his are different. He's also much better at plasma globe effects to be completely honest.

18. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

What about making Plasma ignore buildings and vehicles and just instant kill everyone in its path.Like shooting barracks would go threw the walls and vaporize all the people inside.Shooting a tank would kill the driver.

19. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

thats kinda op i suppose. Think about heavies with 50 medium mg and 1 or 2 of those cannons, tanks cant be driven and infantry cant spawn without getting killed inside there tanks or buildings :o.

20. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

The gravity ball idea I think is great but instead of replacing plasma it should be a new research field.Just thing Ya could add increase weight capacity for vehicles, Gravity ball mg, black hole cannon, and singularity engines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.