someone said mappers need models

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by cahemdue, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Most DEF!!!

3. Deiform

Deiform Member

Don't really see anything wrong with Chris' posts. Seems quite friendly compared to usual...

4. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

imo the chris drama belongs in the black hole (lol), thats not what this thread is for

cahemdue come backkkk, lets see that tower!

5. cahemdue

cahemdue Member

I'm sorry to say it but I must leave Empires mod.

I've been informed some disturbing news that I don't think I can or honestly want to spend the time trying to change. Somethings just aren't meant to be, this is one of them. It has been a learning experience and I am at least grateful for that opportunity.

If you wish to contact me in the future use email or MSN
    both are listed on my website, cahemdue.net

Thank you for your support esp Var and Brutos. :)

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

/me wonders what that disturbing news is.

7. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

apparently mr die got a hold of him

god damn i have to wonder how many people that guy has driven away from this mod.

8. ViroMan

wha? Got a hold of him and said wut?

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

deleted the log due to privacy concerns also another infraction point ~brutos

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2010
  10. cahemdue

cahemdue Member

So much for privacy...

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

No where in your post did it say that you wanted this not to pass through. People don't want you to leave man and you just claim to leave for some random news. Maybe what was stated there in that chatlog was authentic, or maybe it wasn't, but everyone would like to know your full reason for leaving, because no one wants you to.

12. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm not speaking from the point of view or someone who wants you to stay, or to leave. Just know that ***** is banned for these forums (and has been for 4 years) for a damn good reason, regardless of what he tells you. He's also pretty misinformed.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Cahemdue probably formed the idea of what he thought of empty before ***** approached him, since empty acted like he did in the other thread with predominance.

14. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

If I were you I would run, far far away. Block anyone on steamfriends who has anything to do with empires. Ignore anything that has any remote possibility of being related to the things that happen in this mod. Forget you ever contacted anyone from here. Even forget whatever dizzyone was teaching you.
    This mod has the bizarre and surreal curse of turning everyone involved in it into a raving retard. And I mean that in the most serious way, not even as an insult to anyone. But Mr Die, even by our standards, is a very uniquely retarded individual. He's been spamming people and lying to new players for longer than most people have been here, certainly me. He's utterly useless though and he does a good job of scaring off or recruiting new people to his little organizations. You're honestly better off blocking him on steam just to prevent yourself getting mad over the way he'll twist your words around and generally be a passive aggressive dick, but he can be fun to troll sometimes too.

That being said, whatever goes on in the community is really besides the point. These forums don't matter two shits towards the game. If you wanna drop back in IRC some time, everyone there will still be working on the mod and trying to better it, and we're short a reliable modeler. It's not even that we need someone incredibly skilled, its just that we need someone to be there when something needs to be done. We've plenty of dedicated coders and mappers at our disposal but everyone with the slightest bit of ability as far as modelling just seems to disintegrate right before our very eyes.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  15. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

only because they expect people to thank them for it.

16. ViroMan

Whats wrong with expecting a little thankx for hours of work. Enough hours of work and you become a god to ppl. /me points at krenzo.

17. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

thx devs.

18. ViroMan

Anyways... wtf why are people pointing fingers left and right. All I ask is for the facts, not he said she said. It would be appreciated if cahemdue would explain IF someone had something to do with it. We are already constantly jumping at either mr ***'s throat or empty's. This unexplained departure throws more wood on the flames to produce more smoldering embers of hate and bickering.

19. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

lol dont fall for that guys shit, he's a(n incredibly dedicated) troll!

20. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes mr die is seriously, amazingly, disturbingly and COMPLETELY insane.

Considering the kind of friends I keep and how long the stick I need to use is to poke the shore of normality, and how crazy I think he is in spite of that, you are seriously better off just blocking him and anyone who you think might be contacting you on his behalf, and never visiting any of the clan forums besides maybe epic and possibly some others, epic I don't think has anything to do with him because trickster thinks he's as mental as I do, and there are probably some other clans out there who are similar.

While the whole culty think he has going is really creepy, I seriously wouldn't let it worry you too much, you aren't likely to find anywhere more desperate for modellers than empires, so if you want somewhere to learn how to model, you'll probably find some people here who will help you out. Dizzy is a perfectly capable modeller as you likely already know, and while I don't blame him for not wanting to do much of it himself, if you want to learn how to model under the most horrible conditions you're going to find this side of 2005, you can't do much better than source, probably because the thing was built in 2004 and hasn't changed much since then. If you can model for source you can model for anything.

Empires needs modellers and has a potentially useful mix of people who know how to do it and will help you, people who are so desperate that they will praise anything to motivate you, and people who are such engines of hatred for all humanity and exist for no other reason than to spew vitriol and bile at anyone they come across, and who can be used to help develop a resistance to idiocy, that empires is probably a good place to learn, honestly. It will be difficult, but games development is, and anything after this will probably seem like a breeze.

Plus it would probably give you the kick you wanted, if you can produce good models for the team I'd be surprised if you don't get some seniority, so if it's power tripping leadership experience you like, empires is also good.