someone said mappers need models

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by cahemdue, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Holy shit, you're right.

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

fixed...

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

here we go

[​IMG]

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Enemy forever.

5. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

isnt this an example of a thread that should clearly be moderated?

you guys are gonna make this guy leave

<3 cahemdue - I looked for you on steam, no cahemdue, wassup wit dat?

6. cahemdue

cahemdue Member

I am not on steam... I'll say it one more time. I do not "steam" on my current machine where I am posting, this is a laptop. Where I game I do "steam" but that machine is not internet-connected because it's summer break from college and my family hogs cable-based internet so I cannot use it for my gaming machine. Plus I do NOT want my gaming machine transformed into a multimedia center. That's why I have my laptop. My laptop here is using wireless and that's as good as it gets.

When I get back to college on Aug 30th, onwards I'll be back on the internet with Steam but I consider it UNLIKELY that I will join steam groups, etc because I use my gaming tower for.... gaming! What a surprise.

If you need to contact me you have a ton of options

Email
    PM on the forums
    Post my my Moddb page
    [I am there a lot. It's how I met you MFers and most of the mods I am a part of now.]
    MSN

Use them if you need to contact me. I don't want 30 programs installed just to contact folks. Seriously. You can find all of my contact info on my website... my name dot net.

If I get asked this steam thing again I quit Empire mods. You people don't listen. Or you don't search the thread. It's disrespectful and immature. I don't need either kinds of people working with me. Thanks.

==

:)

Ok well I finally got my dirty hands on some UV/texturing tutorials and it's not as hard as I thought, but a lot more time-consuming than I thought. Not that that's a bad thing... anyways I'm gonna be "offline" for a while now learning this stuff. Since a lot of my Empires models are flat as heck [tower, buildings, walls, etc] they should make good candidates for my first UV/texture jobs.

So I'm gonna try to focus most of my energies on this important step forwards and put modeling on hold. I am confident I can make a few decent UV/textured pieces before college starts back up.

I have a light load this semester so hopefully I will have extra spare time to work on these types of things. I have exhausted my Major's class selection for modeling [there are no "texturing or UV classes... which essentially makes the modeling class useless honestly] so I am pretty much learning on my own from here on out. My Major is Multimedia Design [photoshop, modeling, video creation/editing, website Flash and HTML, Illustrator, logo design, and the fine arts of painting, drawing, etc] and I have a double minor of English and Health Promotion. So I am a very well-rounded sort of person.

Thank you for supporting me so far and I hope in the near future I can be a one-stop Modeling and texuring person. I've worked with so many people that don't know shit or work gets shuttled out to other people who equally don't know shit or drop projects and it makes me feel strong and good that I won't need to do those types of interactions anymore once I can do it all myself. Like a lot of professionals have told me, that's the kind of person I should be anyways, knocking it all out on my own and having a wider skill set that is expected of me regardless.

I fully expect to be a bit choosier with whom I choose to work with once my skill set advances and that for me is one of the biggest driving factors to learn this new skill set. Ie I won't need to work with shit/unorganized motherfuckers. Not a bash on Empires at all but I'm sure if you've worked in a mod before like I have you know what I'm talking about.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Actually unless you learn to code you'll still need to work with people you don't like.

Artists are not really a very valuable lot, probably because it's much easier to do than coding, and art is less neccesary than code, you can use code without art but not the other way round.

So expect to be the butt-monkey of any team you're on and also expect to be told what to do by any artist who has been on the team longer than you regardless of ability.

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Isn't it all about what you want to get out of it. Artistic freedom etc.

You can't really mix being a coder and a modeller etc, most people that do this never become really good at any of them. I do a lot of different things myself, recently even started learning to do a bit of programming, and I'm pretty average to bad with everything. It's a trade off I guess.

9. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

Flowerzzzzzzz!

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Dizzyone, hide him in the dev forums so we don't inadvertently make asses of ourselves :o

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yeah most don't, but those who do get to be producers and get to tell everyone what to do.

Difficult, time consuming, possibly beyond your abilities, but the only way to achieve any sort of freedom, because otherwise you're just doing what other people tell you to do and if you want artistic freedom you probably won't like doing that.

13. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

Seriously chris, just go away.

Your shit makes me just want to ban you.

Respond here anymore and I will make it so.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

For what exactly?

Or should I just assume that every time I post there's a random chance that keef is going to take issue with it and complain about it?

15. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Im confused, whats wrong with his posts?

16. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Agreed

17. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

Banned for 10 days

What you think I was joking junior? Don't try your trolling politics game with me.

You've had this comming for a long time, all your constantly condescending posts aren't there to help anyone they're just there for you to insult people.

And the straw that broke the camels back this time is we get a new modeler that has been asked to help out the mod and all you do to him is show him the ass end of the empires community. This is not an example I want to set for people wanting to help out empires. Your insults and trolling have brought this upon yourself. 10 day ban, go outside and get some exercise or some shit.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Oh and when i do it i lose my mod, but when someone else does it...

;);) also sorry for you chris, but you have been a bit extra grumpy lately... hope you can laugh it off

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

grumpy? whats different?

20. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member