why was chris banned?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PreDominance, Aug 21, 2010.

1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I looked over his posts today and saw nothing offensive...
    Chris..pickled..the useful critics are going away....

2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Think of it like this.

Community has been wishing for a modeler for a really long time. A modeler comes around, shows his work, and was almost driven from the mod because of a really pessimistic person who doesn't even play the game.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Chris does the play the game. He exaggerates that he doesn't really play it, but I'll play it with him at least once every couple of weeks. And to be honest, what he was posting was constructive criticism, even if he's pretty unsubtle in actually putting it across.

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Him and pickled are blunt and harsh. But they're, almost unfortunately, some of the smartest among us.

6. Trickster

*cough* :(

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You mean the topic where a new guy pops out, totally unaware of the existing divine chaos?

I can't find any Chris's posts in that thread, were they removed or what.
    Also lol @ his response to welcoming posts after I posted one myself.

8. Trickster

He just pointed out flaws in the work he did. Sure, there are nicer ways of doing it, but it's the truth either way.

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

i guess you should just ignore the fact that keef told him pretty clearly to shut up and he didn't

and its only a 10 day ban, which he will undoubtedly not learn a lesson from

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I agree with trickster on that matter.

Also, I think I found that thread.
    edit: I find it hilarious that both of the serious threads start with a non-capital letter.
    (yeah ,i have no idea whats the name of it)
    edit2:Rotfl,, thats rich, effin sigged

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  11. Trickster

It wasn't deserved in the first place, but I guess shit happens. I said in the huge moderator whine thread about people who contribute should get immunity for whatever they want to do anyway. Keef does happen to contribute to the mod, so he can get as much leeway as he wants anyway in my opinion. I just feel a bit less supportive of that in this case, as Chris too has contributed. If it was just someone who's never done anything for the mod that was making the criticism, then sure, he can get told to shut up. It's not a freedom of speech forum. But Chris has actually done particle stuff, made scriptsets, offered up his own models and other stuff, so I just feel more strongly about it than I normally would.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Trickster having strong feelings for Chris?

13. Trickster

I have strong feelings for anyone who actually contributes to this mod. I fucking love this game, and have immense respect for anyone who contributes to it.

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I should have added "gayyyyyy" to the end of that post..futile trolling -sigh-.

15. Trickster

Contribute and I'll even have respect for you. Fucking imagine that.

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well trickster is one of the few that play a lot per day, and that's a good thing. like you can see in the server listing in either g4tc server trickster is mostly there from at the least 8:00 AM my time and until some random time while it's afternoon here.

17. Trickster

As long as I have friends that I can play with, I'll play empires. After playing for 2 and a half years nearly every single week, I still somehow enjoy it. I still have a tonne of ideas for it, and I still enjoy nothing more than scrimming on it. It's just a shame that actually getting contributors into the position where they can contribute is so difficult. Chris made a kickass Barracks (2, in fact) many months ago, and yet nothing was done about them. I just think that's a shame.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah one day in spec pickled was talking about how the game has no progression and someone said no models but then he said that the art section was full of models ready to be put in the game.

19. Trickster

Art section isn't really, but the old empires art team this time last year, made some fantastic models, but a breakdown in developer-art team communication ended it in the end. Just a shame they never made it any further.

Really, if we were just wanting to add stuff which was needed, I'd just say that a new NF rax, and shotguns for both sides are all that's really needed. And listening posts, should they be added. Obviously, more replacements and more stuff overall would be nice, but those are the main models that are in dire need of replacement.

20. Omneh

Omneh Member

I would add the AFV, NF medium tank and NF heavy tank to that list as well.

The NF tanks in general are xbox hueg and handle badly due to their models, the NF heavy is impossible to balance against the BE heavy because its missing an extra cannon (asymmetrical balance simply doesn't work here) and the AFV is outclassed by the LT in every regard because it is essentially a coffin with wheels.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010