Thief player class

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by mcthugg, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

Have it so that a thief cam steal tickets from enemy barracks,resources from enemy refineries,and spawn vehicles from enemy vfs using the enemy resources.

Upgrades

cloak "invisible when standing still"
    hijack "any enemy vehicle that you can sneak up on"
    radar jammier "blocks enemy radar within a certain distance and disables notification that there buildings are under attack"

Also possibly add recycling pads where you could take enemy vehicles or even your own vehicles and get resources for them.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

I like this.

3. NerdIII

NerdIII Member

I like recycling my medium tank, when heavies are available. Please add the cash to the per player resources (that might be introduced with wages), not to the team resources.
    A thief class? Unsure... maybe not distinct enough from the scout-sniper-ninja-saboteur class we have.

4. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

this is what the scout should be

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah change scout to this. I don't think hijack will be added tho, Those colored stolen tanks looked retarded and krenzo himself said he never was gonna add it.

Get rid of binocs replace it with an engy tool that can drop anti-cams or anti-radars, a silenced shotgun, and a wall climbing skill. Then give the riflemen some of the scouts skills like enhanced senses or something.

6. Krazer

Krazer Member

I don't want to sound too rude, but I hate this idea.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  7. Varbles

the hijack concept in the game was actually really awesome back in the day, and being able to build enemy tanks and steal res is really awesome

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

To be honest I think it would be worse than the current scout.

It'd annoy the shit out of everyone else, and would be as unhelpful as the scout.

What's the best it can do? steal a small amount of money from the enemy and build a heavy tank.

Considering a good engineer can blow up a base, a good gren can blow up at least one enemy tank (especially if it fills the VF full of mines), and a good rifleman can cost the enemy a shitload of tickets, it's still pretty useless.

And also the whole concept of a class which requires people to just guard their base is really frigging stupid, nobody wants to do that and it isn't enjoyable when you do.

9. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

That's kind of the problem with the game now...No one guards bases.They just rush.So it mainly who can get arty or nukes first.We end up spending more time loading maps and waiting to start.Just to have the game over in like 10 min.With things like air crafts and possibly boats on the way.....We need to start thinking of ways to balance out game play.It would be nice to be able to be on the loosing team and make a come back by stealing resources from the other team.Honestly I would like the maps to last more like an hour or even longer.

10. mcthugg

mcthugg Banned

.....What do ya hate about it ?

11. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Have we ever had a playtest with scouts stealing resources when they sab enemy refineries?

I wonder if that would help to tip the scale when one team is completely dominating the other one and get the loosing team to make a come back.

It could be set up as this use case:
    Scout sabs enemy refinery. After the ref is sabotaged, it produces all its resources to the Scout team until after a set timer (the same as now) and then it explodes (lets add a nuclear effect with particles and everything here).

In previous versions, Scouts could steal all the enemy research by sabbing an enemy radar but that was removed. I wonder why..?

12. Varbles

Yeah, this is probably the best solution to the "slippery slope" problem (where one team starts losing and as a result they can't make a comeback and spend the rest of the game slowly falling back and eventually losing).

If the scout or the thief could do all this, then the team with more map control will have a harder time controlling the whole map, because the whole team will be sieging the losing team's base while a few enemy scouts can go out and turn the tide while the winning team doesn't notice.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Whilst the scout stealing res idea could be looked at, overall, just no. This isn't justification for a new class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.