alternate fire for mines deploys two mines simultaneously

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Aug 15, 2010.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

removes all suggested need for two types of mines when you have individual mines at mouse1 (best for infantry, where mines kill with at least a 1:1 ratio and two mines to kill one infantryman is inefficient), and double mines at mouse2 (deployed in pairs which is generally effective against vehicles in early to midgame).

in short:
    while mines are equipped:
    mouse1 drops one mine (like now)
    mouse2 drops two mines in the same spot

also, completely unrelatedly, mine count should be raised to 10.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

1) No point
    2) This would look stupid with the current animations
    3) No really, why the fuck would this make any sense at all?

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Alt fire should throw mines like a discus which bounces off walls and explode when they hit tanks, and also decapitate people.

And you should reskin the grenadier to look like xena warrior princess.

Serious about the throwing though, at least in part, giving grenadiers a sort of anti-tank contact grenade would be very useful for close-range tank fighting.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  4. OuNin

OuNin Member

it's a skill-based buff to grenadier that encourages players to use stacked mines against vehicles especially when it cuts the time to place multiple mines in half.

if i'm defending a building interior against infantry blah blah blah, i place mines one by one and apart so only one mine kills one infantryman so i don't have to do maintenance with mine replacement and all.

if i expect enemy vehicles rolling around, i place at least two mines on top of each other so an explosion will likely do significant damage or get a kill, where a single mine is usually useless.

i already explained the point. get the sand out of your vagina. aesthetics are hardly a reason to forego a useful function. the game is not the venus de milo, so don't give me bullshit about how it would look. give me valid reasons because all you seem to do to suggestions is piss and moan instead of offer a discussion, which this whole subforum is about.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Or it latches onto the front like the sticky nade and blows up after a bit.

Or it could be like the grenade where mouse1 is throw and mouse2 would be what it currently is.

6. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

Ive always wanted secondary fire to throw the mine like 10 feet, nothing fancier than that, just so you can do it from cover.

7. Trickster

Deadpool's idea is good. Chris0132's idea is good. Yours is stupid.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

animate gren into trowing the mine as in trowing a pie

into bill gates face

in belgium

while hes driving a tank...

and being pie faced

mmmmm pie

9. OuNin

OuNin Member

No real reasons still.

10. Trickster

There's no reason for it.

11. OuNin

OuNin Member

no valid reason not for it

12. Trickster

Valid reasons why the ability to drop 2 mines at a time, using mouse2, is a bad idea:

1) This would cause problems with the animation. The mines are probably the best done animations in this game, and making you pull 1 out in first person mode, and 2 suddenly sprout from it (or even just 1 hit the ground and it acts as 2) will either ruin the animation, or make no logical sense. This is unintuitive.

2) The fact that mines instant kill infantry, and do a hell of a lot of damage to tanks, even when though you don't have to be anywhere near them, makes them actually one of the most powerful, and most unfun weapons in the game. This will simply make things worse.

3) It looks stupid when the mines merge on the ground. This feature would look like we are encouraging it. That's really bad practice for game development.

4) This may or may not be true, but I remember Drag once mentioning that mines on top of eachother actually lose their power a bit. I'm not sure if that ever got added, but if it did, that makes this even worse, as the 2 mines won't be as powerful as 2 mines not quite next to eachother.

5) This suggestion isn't worth the time it would take to code, when instead you can just click mouse1 again and take an extra 3 seconds to lay your mine, in a way that doesn't look stupid, or damage gameplay quite as much.

6) There are absolutely no logical reasons FOR this suggestion, but many against. This is a reason not to add it within itself.

13. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I'm all for the "throw a few feet in front of you" idea, though.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Most of what you say can be countered with "no one plays for realism but instead for the game".

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I can't really think of any point at which it is vital to drop two mines, if I'm that pressed for time then I'm about to be run over by a tank and the mines probably won't go off right anyway.

However I can think of plenty of times when I want to chuck high explosives at tanks nearby, so throwing mines, even if not exactly as I suggested, would be more useful than 2 mines.

Honestly the best argument against the idea is that there are SO many better things you could use the button for.

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Like wacking people in the face with it (the NF one can give infections cause it's all rusty and shit) or you could plant them on surfaces instead of them being physics objects, so you put one on the front of your jeep, then do kamikazes into tanks and shit.

Or it primes it so after a bit once it becomes ready it explodes.

Or also you could place a self-destruct button in the jeep and to hell with it.

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You aren't allowed to have ideas anymore.

18. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

lol i guess yall shouldnt read my mine suggestion if some think mines are too OP already XD..

19. Empty

Empty Member

20. o_O

o_O Member

So the mine secondary fire would be like a weak sticky grenade. I dont see the problem with it although I dont see why its necessary either.

Also, legend has it that sticky mines were tried long before my time and resulted mined up Jihad Jeeps instantly ending maps.