Scout rifle prevents people from being revived.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by PreDominance, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Scout rifle *temporarily* prevents people from being revived.

For 20 seconds or something?

Discuss potential.

*Ed.
    Trickster.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You should have put the word "temporarily" into the thread title. I came in here about to start raging my ass off at you before I saw the 20 seconds bit. Idk, it could be worth trying from a gameplay aspect, but it doesn't really make any sense, much like RPGs not damaging buildings makes no sense. There needs to be a logical reason for it.

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The bullets are implanted with a tiny electric neurotic jammer. This jammer prevents the electric charge emitted from the calculator to stimulate the nerves.

4. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Yes this further enhances scout's role as a high priority assasin

Perhaps it should be like magmus' passive where if the enemy dies within a few seconds of getting shot by a scout, they cannot be revived.

5. Minozake

Minozake Member

I kind of like this. It feels impossible to keep infantry that have revive down even temporarily.

As for fluff, one could say that the bullet puts out a strong jammer signal for the nanobots or a jammer chemical that disrupts gene enhancement for revival.

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Dot dot dot...

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

High priority assasin of what? your mom? all the good players usually dont get killed by scouts cause they move...

8. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

i like that idea. allows scouts to shoot revengees who then cannot be reved by others like it is all the time.

9. communism

communism poof

dont need more people to be useless

10. Empty

Empty Member

I love the well thought arguments put in place by the OP and his discussion on how it will improve the scout class and gameplay in general.

11. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

*Ed out.

I don't feel like causing another drama fest.

12. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

instead of 20 seconds, maybe it takes 100 calculator energy to revive. require more energy to overcome the scout bullet's electronegating effects or some bullshit hehe

13. Minozake

Minozake Member

Question? Comment?

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

headshots deaths require you to "heal" the ragdoll before it can be revived.

active and more fun. consistent through all classes. encouraged with scout. also nerfs revive a bit.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Why would you want to nerf the most teamwork oriented aspect of the game?

16. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The class;

The scout itself is already more or less a saboteur. He sneaks into the base and causes mayhem.
    A lesser known function of the scout is an spy/guerrilla. This method sneaks behind the enemy lines to quickly return to the battlefield, bringing down as many people as he can; or sniping them one-by-one.
    This suggestion would add yet another wonderful element to the scout, an assassin. This scout will target the high-priority players, be these revivers, exceptional grenadiers/riflemen, or simply an annoying vengeance kill.

Gameplay;

What this will do is enable the scout to server a role that no class can do; pushing up a stalemate. The scout is already capable of this, but not so much on tighter maps, where the chokepoint is always secure.
    Sure, grenadiers can rain artillery, and riflemen can mow down hundreds of fleshy meatbags, but nothing can kill a target and keep him down.
    With this in mind, mappers can also now realize the importance of scouts to pushing up through the map, and be able to add some more heightened terrain (this will benefit grenadiers, too!).

Trickster;

Because it's a problem when 2 people can prevent as rush of 5. Or 4 people a rush of 10. The ratio goes on, but revive is, I think a tad overpowered.
    You spawn an instantly-healed ready-to-go teammate, who's already prone and ready to kick ass. Not only that, but you can do it twice.
    And yes, I know, you overcome revivers by rushing them, but that mostly gets you killed, and your squad. Killing the reviver is essentially the only way, but if there's multiples, you're ass-out, resorting to nade-spam and artillery.
    With the ability to keep people from being revived, you have the ability to isolate the engineer from his protectors.

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

1) The idea is fucking retarded.
    2) You're fucking retarded.
    3) Nothing I say or do will fix you being fucking retarded, nor your suggestion.
    4) It's not going to get added anyway.

18. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It's amazing how you can say that and list no reasons why not. Makes you look really smart. Also, why isn't he infracted within the first 4 minutes? -sigh.

Whatevs..

19. communism

communism poof

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    i love you dubester

20. SupRore

SupRore Banned

"headshots deaths require you to "heal" the ragdoll before it can be revived.

active and more fun. consistent through all classes. encouraged with scout. also nerfs revive a bit."

oh god a zany ounin minigame suggestion that actually sounds fun. triage shit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.