For Jekotia,

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by DeadReckoning, Sep 27, 2006.

1. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

For Jekotia

Dirt burrowed deep into my nails, I could not notice them, my hands were frost-bitten, but yet no ones nails were truly cleaned. The smell of old and new corpses everyday hung over us. We begged for fresh air and for the sun that rarely came, to touch our pale faces. But would only be awnsered by a whispering knife hidden in the dark. Rain came, but only frozen once it laid. Blankets from those whom huddle between them, became a prized posession. Food, oh I forget the taste of it, we eat too little and too fast. Some have resorted to cannibalism, but recieved a quick death from those who disagree. A horror such as this.
    50 meters away, from the Imperial forces. It feels like miles upon end. Yet so close to death.

"FOR JEKOTIA!" Cried the commander, he tugged the back of my withering uniform which tore a bit more with his grip. It was my time to die. A flash of mere moments came and flew. Legs weakened by the quickness of my memories, but pushed to go on. Mud and frozen dirt kicked into the trench, and we came to meet our angel of death.

-To Be Continued.-

Rumbles lifted the earth to the heavens, and poured on our faces. Raging of bullets blocked our advance. Little remains of trees and holes served as our only means of cover. Barely raising my hand to the sky, "Why have we been forsaken." I looked in the air, and Angels came down from the heavens. Its been 4 months since reinforcments, my heart lifted to the caress of the joy, as they dove towards the Imperial trenches.
    --------------------------------

All that rage inside my head, the land that was Jekotia. Bolting off into the pillows of smoke and ash. I headed towards death with angels on my back.

We crashed like thunder towards their trench, blazing gunfire from either side, bodies fell on both. I had no time to think of the actions that took forth, for I could only think of the death of my enemies.
    Leaping through the air i came down in their trench, jabbing and firing my way through the lines of the enemy, my sight was only blinded by my rage.
    Seeing one who laid wounded on the ground, I lifted my rifle so my bayonet may peirce their skull, but the soldier looked upon me, a pale face frost-bitten and dirty like mine. A sharp pain came from my back, and the little warmth I had left faded away, and i came down upon this soldiers knees looking into his eyes an hence he did the same.
    -----------------------------------------------
    For truly are we any different? The acient city is only a city, and cities burn as all do. For what was Jekotia? A land, a people, just as Brenodi, centuries of hatred for what we share. And I only realised it in the final seconds of my life, and he did the same. He reached his soaking hand to my face, and I returned my hand, and both fell before we could reach the other. As none of our questions in seconds will be awnsered for many lives to come.

-End of : For Jekotia,-

-I might continue more if anyone wants me to entiled the For ___, Quadrilogy-
    -PS:This story takes place in the history of Empires not during the current time of the game okie dae =D-

(I felt like writing a story thanks to Don for inspiration ;x but when i write a story people usually dont make sense of it, so i will try my best. I'll start with a sorta narrative introduction, tell me if I should keep going ;/ awww crap was sitting on my cigarettes ; ; also first topic! yay me ^_^)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  2. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

For Brotherhood

(new one, Im gonna try doing some dialogue but try and keep it into the same type of flavor of the first one)

"Good-bye" we all said to our mom. The moment it sprung from our lips, our hearts dropped as if they stood on nothing.
    "Jak" Our youngest brother said in a whisper as we walk away from our home. I could only lightly smile to him, this would be our first time away from home, and our first time going to war. Out of 5 brothers, we were all that remains of our father's seed. The 2 we lost were never seen, except on paper sent to our mother.
    1 only remained from that, our Eldest brother Megale. I usto remember his soft child-like face, now replaced by grim and scars of experience.

"Jak," he continued before my thoughts took over my consciousness.
    "No matter what happens, were gonna make it, right?"
    Those words began to rain doubt on my mind, were we going to make it? I looked back at Megale, and took a sharp look at Dekote, "We'll make it, for Brevan, Jous, for brotherhood."
    We held eachothers shoulders and laughed, throwing our bags upon the truck, we left home with a smile on our face. And a deep hole in our hearts.

Chapter 2.
    -------------------------------------------

We arrived to Kurv'pz a spread out rural village near the tip of the south. The town barely stood, and a black smoldering ash pushed deep in our lungs. Little white tents lined the back, with tints of redish brown lingering upon them. The truck stopped and we left, Dekote was the first with a grin upon his face, Megale followed with a stern expression. Dekote turned towards the back waving his arms in the air. "A great day," He looked up and his grin quickly turned into a gasp. Somewhere, a stray found a home in Dekotes shoulder blade. Megale grabbed Dekote's rings of his jacket and pulled him across. I lost my footing on the back of the truck and slammed deep into the ash and mud. The eruption of fire lasted only mere seconds. But soon died out, quickly ran to Megale as he pushed deep into Dekotes wound. Our little brother looked up, with the light from his eyes slowly fading, but the quivering of his lips as he repeatedly swore, he fell into a deep sleep. Megale removed the needle he injected into Dekote, and we had to carry our own little brother to the med tent.

We went outside, and drank a cup of Eptka* hopefully calming our senses. Megale showed me his hand, revealing two needles, one used the other full. "I should've used the other syringe," his eyes showed tears, "He shouldn't have to see this.." He fell down crying and hitting his head. Tilting his head up, "Jak, promise me," I could only say words of confusion to this. "Do this, as i did for Brevan and Jous, if the time comes, let death be swift." A puzzled anger grew, a sudden impulse of my hand striking my brother's face, he only let a tear drop more and turned his head around as to give me his other cheek to strike. I left my brother to wallow in grief, as I headed back towards the barracks.
    -------------------------------------
    Chapter 3
    -------------------------------------
    I woke early in the morning, we slept with our uniforms to help us not get caught in our birth-day suits. Upon walking outside, Megale still sat, his pain must've been to much that he just fell asleep. Storms of regret stormed into my heart. I walked into the tent to see Dekote, he laid upon a bed, brown stained since the red had dried off. He choked for air, and weezed at every breath, sorrow for my little brother burrowed deep into my eyes. I notice he saw me, he tried to speak, but sounded only like a quiet man who hasnt learned to speak at all. He raised his hand and I took it.
    "Jak, I'm gonna make it? right?"
    I looked upon the medic, he shook his head slowly. The hole went deeper into my heart, like cold iron the warmth stuck to it, bringing it down and stretching it inwards. "Yes, little bro, were gonna be all right, you hang in there buddy, I rested my head upon him, and I did the only thing i could do, and a little stream of tears began to flow. I felt his warmth leaving quickly, his last words I couldn't barely hear. Looking up, and saw the medic injecting him with a syringe, my hand clenched my little brothers, and I filled up with hatred. My teeth grinded and my temples pounded outwards. But I let go of that hate. My little brother, died. Now, 3 brothers will never see home. I left to find Megale, who kneeled at Dekote's foot and cried, I now join my brother's sorrow and regret.
    --------------------------

-To-Be-Continued-
    (hehe notice something im going to be putting into alot of these stories?)
    (notice someones name is almost like someone on these forums ;) )
    (sorry I like being a little silly at times)

*-Eptka, a Jekotian drugging drink, that calms soldiers nerves by slowing down specific neural responses.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  3. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

First, welcome to the forums and certainly welcome to the story section.

Im glad you wrote a bit of NF lore, I enjoyed reading it. As you mentioned earlier some parts were a bit hard to follow but only in the wording, I always knew what was going on and found it interesting. I would certainly read more of what your wrote. Keep it up.

4. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Ya, usually happens when i notice alot of mispelling when i already post XD.
    Not much good at dialogue, thats why I rarely had anybody talking, kinda hard for me to do without making some stupid lines. But thanks, I was gonna try doing a series. Since this was a short story i have 3 others to tie in. I actually wanted to capture horrors of WW1 trenches, and also the question that would never be awnsered that rang inside his head, which was of course, why do we fight when we have so little differences and so much similarities?

I'll start on the next one in a little bit. But mainly i just wanted to focus on the Soldiers which in reality, ment little compared to the whole. I was gonna go for a WW2 russian thing of "Not one step back" but decided, For Jekotia was a more fitting battle cry.

I also believe the NF are more easy to be patriotic, thus is why im always NF when I play, I truly dont like being BE but people join them cause they think their more powerful. But on the 2nd post since I didnt read the background story, i had to find a fitting place to put this in, which was pre-empire era, I also found some inconsistencies of the back story, cause it felt the BE were too favored in power.

Also I joined the forums in July hehe ^_^ i dont have a comp yet, im placing an order for it today tho so yay...

But thanks for your compliment, I'll enjoy trying to write more NF lore but i also want to touch base with some BE stuff.

5. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Have you read my story thread? The content in it is official so if you want to tie in there or refrence that feel free.

The BE is more heavily favored power wise since they won the Great War between the Jektonian Empire and the Brenodi. All of her lands were conqured and slowly the BE started to attempt a quasi eradication. Years later a group rose up from what had been the Northern Province of Jektoia. Other provinces took thier que and rebelled but the Northern Province, or Northern Faction was the strongest and so all other factions began fighitng under the NF flag.

I am very partial to the NF, almost all of the NF stuff is designed and modeled by me (With Duke doing all of the Imperial stuff). I always play them when ever possible.

6. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

I only got to read briefly the first couple post, but since the whole forum thing gets a bit confusing at times, so imma start back up when i get my new comp.

But the whole BE thing was based on the storyline on the website, during the great war, I would think logically that the BE defense thing would only take about 70-85% of them due to not being activated in years, but i mean, there has to be some nuked cities of the BE. But didnt realise that Jekotia was an empire at the time, so hopefully I can get these stories done accurately, cause I truly want to do pre-empire (thats what im gonna call the timeline during the game) based on soldiers who ment little during the war so that way I dont truly mess up the main story. But I must say, out of every game I ever played, none made me want to scream a battlecry everytime, Hence where I came up with calling the BE bucket-heads or bucket-men a few months ago.

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Very nice story, it has a diffrent language from don megels (In a very good way, it seems to flow and almost rhyme like a poem, I suggest you write more in the exact same style)

Very nice piece there, indeed great stuff...

8. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

ya, I think i learned that from tolkien. ig2g cya l8r

9. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

just slam my stuff then, bah! :p

10. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

hehe you know we love you =)

11. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

For Brotherhood,

Hey few questions, how do you pronounce Jekotia? cause I think of it as one, but how is it properly?

And i got a few more but i forgot them xD.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  12. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

i hate this pda ;/

oh look up for the next story if u didnt notice '....; vucv ggjkihb fwk ythis pda ; ;

13. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Hehe, Im in a story :-)

You might try posting it at the end of a thread so people can find it easier.

I love the WW1 feel.

14. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

meh, i think itll work better at the beginning so ppl dont have to dig around through comments to find it, gosh this pda's hard to type, order my new comp tomorrow yay :o) no more using the college computers ;D

15. picard131

picard131 Member

Darn you Reckoning, you're diverting all the attention away from my poor little fanfic I posted right after you. :(

16. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

=O lies ;x 09-26-2006, 04:22 PM when i started the For _____, Series ;x
    hehe i read yours tho, it was good =D, plus mine is more Pre-Empires Jekotia Lore currently, I'll start some Brenodi Lore in a bit ;x.

Oh Don I would like some more clarification, Is Jekotia at the time, Like Russia? Lot of People little amounts of Tech or what? cause I can picture Jekotian Military almost in the sense of Millions, while the Brenodi Like Germany were more Technologically Superior and Could Almost match in might in only a few hundred thousand, or what?

Im tending to the history than the present of empires x.x And basically, its not truly about super soldier, AKA Storm Trooper Effect kind of things, Imma make it tragic and horrible, with little bits of hope, So its mainly, soldiers. Number 2,
    Is about 5 brothers, 2 were lost during the war. One already served a Duty and came back to pick up his brothers, thats all i can give you right now, imma post the next part in a little bit ;x

oh and if anyone got confused with this line which was my favorite ;x

Think if they poked their heads out and were shot by a sniper, they wouldn't notice it huh? so ya, theres a little helpful tip from me ;D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  17. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

The Jokotia Empire didnt resemble the Northern Faction very much, it was a vibrant, advanced society that calimed nearly half of the planet as its own. It was this ballence of power that prevented either the BE or JE from destroying the other and many, many wars drug out for decades.

The war you are talking about sounds like it is taking place a good 80 years before current Empires.

There is another goverment on the contenient in the South but it has few resourses and is normaly neutral in the main land wars. The Southern COntienent has a number of schools, enganeering firms, free press, lots of advanced stuff that it sells to both Empires in order to surport itself.

18. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

well, im trying to go in the past of empires, so ya it does sound old, hmm didnt have a map to look aat for refrence of this, but the stories iim doing are pre-empires as i said before on minor characters that didn't play much big part in the outcome i just felt like doing more emotional stories than heated action, so hopefully this'll work out right? ;o

then later i'll focus on empire's era ;D im having fun with this so sshh ;D hehe, so, is this story good? or should i reorganize it? cause im too lazy ;D! also, empires has an amazing story, i just wanna focus on the people instead of making big characters ;o this ones gonna have a good ending i can feel it o.o

19. picard131

picard131 Member

Omg! I smell expansion pack!

20. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

anyone whos worried about the pro-longed continuation of my stories, imma add more in a couple mins, but i would like to add....

MY NEW COMPUTER COMES WENSDAY YAY!!!!!

EPOX EP-MF570SLI
    AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4600+ EE - WINDSOR
    1GB DDR2
    XFX7600GT
    160gb SATA2
    Windows Media Edition 2005

So, anyone who wants to play on thursday or friday, ;D im looking to pwn sum recruits on emps =D!!!

anyways on with the story,