Renegade X: Black Dawn, Day-Cycle, Podcast, and more!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrummerX, Jun 27, 2010.

1. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

[​IMG]

Renegade X is an FPS total conversion mod, bringing the world of Command & Conquer to ground level, on the Unreal Engine 3. Our latest version, Renegade X v0.5 requires Unreal Tournament 3, but the team is now in the process of porting the project to the Unreal Development Kit, which will mean that Renegade X will be fully standalone in all future releases.

With over 12,000 downloads and 5 awards, the Renegade X beta, for Unreal Tournament 3, is available for download here. You can watch our 1 minute 18 second launch trailer here.

A few weeks ago, the team announced Renegade X: Operation Black Dawn. Black Dawn is a singleplayer mission and a demonstration of some of the game's latest features, coming soon to a computer near you. You play as the GDI commando, Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker, in a GDI invasion of a Nod island stronghold. The goal of this operation is to rescue Dr. Ignatio Mobius, a renowned GDI Tiberium scientist, captured by the Brotherhood of Nod. GDI gunboats, hovercrafts, aircraft, superweapons, vehicles, and grunts will support you in your struggle against the Nod military machine.

Watch the Black Dawn teaser trailer here.

Day Cycle System

The team has recently managed to get a working day-cycle into Renegade X: Black Dawn. This will create a new, unique atmospheric experience, as some elements of the game's lighting will be fully dynamic. The visual and even gameplay depth this system adds almost speaks for itself, but we've got some new jaw-dropping images just in case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And in terms of new features offered in Renegade X on the UDK, this is just the beginning.

Black Dawn Podcast

It's been a long time since we've done a podcast, but with Black Dawn just around the corner, we're back! Join Fobby, Havoc89, and Avalanche in this hilarious and informative 19 minute podcast, as we discuss Black Dawn, new Renegade X features, the UDK, programming, recruitment and more.

Streaming: http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x/video...ck-dawn-podcast
    Direct Download: http://www.filefront.com/16877091/pod-cast.mp3

CNCNZ interviews Renegade X

Soon after Operation Black Dawn had been announced, the popular Command & Conquer news site CNCNZ posted an interview with Renegade X founder Fobby. The interview shares some exclusive details about Black Dawn, and further discusses Renegade X's standalone multiplayer release, the UDK, the mod in the public eye, new features and more.

Check out the full, detailed interview here!

Community News!

Fellow C&C artist Kane Nash has created a fan wallpaper dedicated to Renegade X. It features art from the original Renegade and of course the new and improved Renegade X. We, the team, thank Kane Nash for this awesome piece!

[​IMG]

UDK X

Zunnie, the man in charge of the MP-Gaming's RenegadeXServer.com , has launched a new site, UDK X, dedicated to collecting tutorials, videos, and news for all UDK Games that are currently available. Help make this site a hit by visiting http://www.udkx.net/

Sydney and Hotwire

I want to introduce you all to two new ladies in Renegade X:

This is Sydney Mobius, the daughter of Dr. Ignatio Mobius. She is one of GDI's best, wielding a 1000-credit Personal Ion Cannon, capable of inflicting massive damage to all enemy infantry, vehicles, and aircraft.

[​IMG]

Shai "Hotwire" Aviv

A tough-as-nails commando and a woman of few words. Prior to joining GDI, Shai Aviv was a member of the Israeli Mossad, where she served with distinction. When she joined the GDI special commandos unit "Dead-6", she took on the roles of tactical engineer, proving to be an invaluable asset on the battlefield, when vehicle repair, structure capturing and demolitions were needed.

[​IMG]

Command & Conquer music track!

Sebastian Aav has made a new and improved version of Renegade X's theme song, Command & Conquer. You can download this amazing track below:

Download: http://sebastianaav.com/work/ren/renegadex_cnc_Final_V1.mp3

That's it for now. We hope you've enjoyed the update!

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The Landscape screenshots look amazing.

PS: Just asking how did you get members for your mod team?!

3. Empty

Empty Member

This doesn't look anything like command and conquer anymore.

4. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

On the forums, the very first thread in the general section i believe is for people to apply to be on the team. Aka you submit a portfolio and they base their decision on that and talking to you.

@Empty - What do you mean?

5. Empty

Empty Member

I don't see anything that reminds me of CnC :(

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

you mean the fail gfx?

7. Empty

Empty Member

I can't even tell if the (commando?) in the last screenshot is on GDI or Nod.

8. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

Its havoc, if you can't tell, you haven't played renegade, very distinguishable

9. Empty

Empty Member

I haven't played renegade admittedly.

10. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

Yeah the thing about renegade is the characters, there's no choosing weapons for your character or anything like that, each character has its load out

Not like in emp where you have 3 types on each side and they're distinguished by color, not like that really in renegade.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Needs more massive NOD symbols.
    Kane has to compensate.

12. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Compensate for what :confused:

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Looks almost exactly like cnc 3 actually, except with old style buildings, has the same feel as cnc 3 though.

14. Empty

Empty Member

CnC died for me when it went to 3D.

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

CnC was never very good, I hated the 2d ones, liked red alert 2 but now hate it because we have much better games, and dislike cnc3+ because the huge numbers of god powers kind of make the rest of the game irrelevant.

Renegade was good but then it's a fairly basic shooter with a bunch of groovy weapons, so it's obviously going to be good given I like that sort of game.

Visually though I thought CnC 3 was very nice.

16. Empty

Empty Member

I never played Renegade so I'm not talking about it, but everything after RA2 was terrible imo.

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Generals & Zero hour were the best.

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Renegade was awesome, it was the last C&C game that Westwood Studios created and it's really good

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

red alert 2 beats that hands down

zero hour is a good game though (generals is meh), just does not cut it on the long run for me and additionally its coded so so bad its laughable)

20. Empty

Empty Member

Get out right now.