Logic Game ir/rational

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brutos, Jun 1, 2010.

1. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

To find the star in every stage.
    Yes.
    Not a specific one, but try clicking and dragging everywhere until something happens.

The game itself is actually pretty interesting.

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

That is my point. Gamers generally complain about Graphics and other random stuff instead about complaining about the story, the writing, etc. The stuff that would be the most important part in a movie or a book. And gaming has something that no other medium has: Interactivity. But instead of using it, we see more and more playable movies.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well, I don't mind the playable movie thingies if it's single player as long as it's presented well (and for a reason). Minesweeper: Modern Warfare 2 just wouldn't make that much sense, but I can understand why most games want to go that way: the feeling that you're part of something large and cool and awesome is always fun.

I do feel that this is often lacking in multiplayer; cool explosions and animations only go so far. For some that really "epic" feeling, you need sheer numbers. I think Planetside's a good example of the numbers you need: 100 vs 100 vs 100. Still, games like Bad Company 2 also give that epic feeling, but because it's focused on close quarters, I think the amount of "JESUS CHRIST AWESOME" events will deplete rather quickly.

4. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, there are B-Movies that focus on effects and stuff only. Most of the current Games, even the AAA ones are not better then a b movie.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Presentation is integral to a good game.