The speech

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by Vessboy, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It's not propaganda. It's the state of the world at the games' point in the timeline.

2. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

your perspective is biased to the Nf's favor.

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I'm not biased <_< Being knowledgeable doesn't mean I have a bias. If I was pulling this out of my ass, then yes I have a bias, but that's canon, official story.

4. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Officially.
    NF are terrorists trying to undermine a fragile peace for their own benefit.

5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

No. From the Brenodi perspective, they are painted as terrorists for the sake of propaganda, to deny that the Factionists are a growing problem, and an actual threat. From the Jekotian side, they are freedom fighters. The Kolntus-Emin war ended when the Brenodi manipulated what we know as resource nodes (they're natural shafts to the planets core) to create massive overpressure and send a series of devastating earthquakes through the heart of Jekotia. As a result Jekotia could no longer fight back, they suffered too many losses from the destruction, and the massive loss of moral. The Brenodi stepped forward to offer peace, and from the view of everyone that didn't know of the plan (very few knew of the earthquake plan), it looked like a genuine offer of peace.

They proposed a new global empire where all would be equal, and the centuries of hate would in time fade away. This was the queen's honest intention, to unite the world. But, maintaining the peace was difficult, many refused to work with the Jekotians to help rebuild their cities, or provide medical care, or any other aid. There was hundreds of years of hate fueling these two nations. In time everything deteriorated. The Jekotians had very little political representation, and many of their cities were run down slums.

From this rose the Northern Faction, a group that takes it's name from the ancient and legendary Northern Faction, a group that united the north thousands of years ago to defend its borders from those who would become the Brenodi Empire, and yes, originally they were terrorists, because they could hardly get their hands on anything and resorted to tactics very much like what the terrorists are doing in Iraq. In time (years) a massive military cache left over from the previous war was found, hidden away in the north east I believe. From this they rose from terrorists into a full blown army waging the war for their freedom. Obviously that didn't happen quickly, but when they found all this military hardware, they realized they had a fighting chance and secretly recruited an army from the Jekotian population. In a single day, under the leadership of the Jekotian High Commander, Sir Patterson, they hammered the Imperials out of the northern reaches of Jekotia; the occupational forces were ill prepared to fight anything more than lightly armoured vehicles, they had conducted hundreds of recon missions to ensure the Jekotians had no war hardware in their possession.

What follows is my best guess to the current state of the world. Days/weeks later, Brenodi reinforcements arrived to destroy the Northern Faction, and the war in Empires is scattered to all reaches of Jekotian territory, as the Northern Faction fights to retake their land and secure their borders.

It should also be noted that most of the Brenodi population is ignorant to the true state of things. They believe Jekotia is being rebuilt and that they are progressing towards peace. They believe the Northern Faction is the one obstacle to this due to the terrorist propaganda. Some become sympathizers and help supply the Northern Faction upon learning the truth. The most notable supplier is the officially unnamed nation on the southern islands, who have been helping the Jekotians for decades.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  6. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

jessiahs alt nick is jekotia so he must be biased lol
    seriously are you guys discussing empires politics of the factions and shit i never even knew that such an elaborate backstory existed.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's on the normal site, even now: http://www.empiresmod.com/drupal/node/4

I do like the way you just came into the backstory forums to admit your ignorance of it though :p

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well the backstory is the cause of a lot of suggestions and concept art and art suggestions of having the NF using/looking like genetic manipulation made them all muscly and bio weapons rock for them and BE that have nanobots all over their body and all their technology is very cubic and 45* angles and that they are controlled by government and that the nanobots work as life support.

9. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Wrong. They don't use nanites in humans outside of medical work. They do use nano-tech augmentations to enhance the body. e.g. bones laced with metal for reinforcement. And there's the brain related implants to enhance everything related to perception, reaction times, and allow interfacing with computer systems.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

jessiah is right if he says that NF are not terrorists, anyone who reads the story can read clearly that they are only "called" terrorists, but are more like a rogue freedom fighter army, like one of those that go under a warlord in a banana republic... but then more humane, since they don't recruit children and try to keep the genocide to a bare minimum etc

11. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

How ever this trailer's dialogue is from the other perspective. So they're poo flinging apes whose nation crumbled under it's own weight, And were trying to save them from them selves.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

by "warlord in a banana republic" are you referring to the many million one of those in the Africa, that are still happening today.

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i dont get

14. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

You dare confuse blizzerd!? :mad:

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

an example would be the Sierra Leone civil war or the Nigeria civil war.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

not in specific